Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Nebula, come on over." Weavebreaker waved her over. "Any is free to join." Weavebreaker reminded all. She may have been new, could have been a threat, could have been an ally. There were ways to mitigate such potential threats through operational risk management. Them sharing there thoughts and feels was still much needed. Risk versus Reward.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

2. Likes Cayce, Vincent liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot stands after Nebula says her piece.

"I'm disappointed to hear how our esteemed thearch colleagues, fresh from arriving within the city, have decided to take it upon themselves to try and steal both the warlock councilor position and the warlock provost without even meeting with their fellow Mastigos who are in the same room." Knot says. "I am overjoyed to know that Weavebreaker, at the very least, does not agree with such political duplicity among the Wise." His gaze locks down Campanella as he says this, knowing that what he was next about to say was probably going to have consequences.

"The Truth is that we are a divided and fractured as a community. People come and go and return after months and years, without telling anyone until people recognize that they've not been around for awhile or they roll up into this Circle. In the face of that? All styles of a Council are equally flawed. If we, as a community, decide to go with a Path Council? I'm the only Acanthus. When I take my seat, who would I answer to? There's no one who can gainsay my interpretation of the wisdom of Arcadia if I decide to pervert it to my own ends. Samael was apparently only the Mastigos Councilor by default and he chose to abandon his position for personal reasons, depriving us of representation for the Tower of the Iron Gauntlet. Cabal based representation is equally flawed, because cabals might splinter and fall apart, and it ignores those of our community who are unable to establish or join a cabal. Even an Order-based Council, where the leadership of each Order has a seat, ignores our sizeable population of those who have chosen to not join an order and remain independent, as well as those Orders who lack a declared leader.

"So, it is in that spirit, and since so many of us are all but strangers and would not be able to effectively measure the Wisdom of potential Councilors... I propose that we have a Libertine style Assembly, were each and every member of the community can vote on circumstances that apply to us all, in the spirit of Wisdom. This way the loss of one member of the community, placed in a potential vital position, does not cripple the community."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

4. Likes Cayce, Xander, Yumyumcrow, Vincent, liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He rose from his seat, towering over the Arrow. "Magus Nebula, as much as I personally appreciate the input and - mind you - the insinuation of navel-gazing on our part", he looked back at this table. "I feel the need to inform you that this meeting is just a pre-planned step. As your acquaintance could have surely informed you - had he been present - monitoring Seers' activity has been openly planned in the past. But several events have kept our hands full", he shot daggers at Knot.

Addressing the Acanthus.
    "This is a Diamond Consilium and not a Free Council Assembly. As such, votes are weighed, not counted. Merit only must guide the Fallen World", he gazed over Nebula, "And the words of somebody who hasn't even extended us the basic courtesy of signaling her order affiliation and path, regrettably hold no merit. Acknowledgement is key"

He tapped the back of his seat inviting the hecklers group over. "So, be gracious enough to join us, or sulk in your own corner. Nobody really cares".

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

And like a fine Coloradan whiskey the hecklers did pour forth. Bottle in hand of course.

"I second Knot's call for an Assembly to deal with issues and stuff." He paused and blinked as he made his way towards Nebula. "Sorry, not used to this. To deal with the fluctuating population and the fact that none of us know each other to say who we want representing us. We could do a meet and greet when new people show up, ourselves included, so everyone can have a chance to figure out whether they can trust new people based on their own opinions."

Bacchus glanced to Nebula and Juris before continuing.

"Again, I'm Bacchus. Shaman Apostate if the label means so much to you. I like the outdoors, furry friends, alcohol, and measuring merit based on your ideas and values as opposed to the passage of time."
    Winter's daggers for Knot were returned to him from Bacchus. "I think it's time to have a debate on the floor if people think this structure shtick is so important. Or the less then half of the mage population who wants this could continue to scheme in their corner."

The Shaman shrugged, taking a long chug of his whiskey until the side of his lip twitched and veins popped from his neck.

"Nobody really cares."

8. Likes , Cayce, liked this post

Faceshifter
    Striking Looks
    (Androgynous)
    Nemo

Carries:
    Derringer
    Makarov
    Smartphone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nemo joins Banshee and Cricket here...
    Nemo. Thyrsus. Guardian of the Veil 1. Striking Looks (Androgynous).

10. Likes liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Six in favor of Councilor's drawn from Paths, One in favor of Councilor's drawn from Cabal, and two in favor of Councilor's drawn from Assembly." Weavebreaker plainly stated. She glanced back to the others that had already spoken up for Path. "Unless you see weight in another way offered?"

"It will be greatly appreciated if you drop the manipulation, though I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is unintentional." Weavebreaker said as her eyes shifted between Knot and Bacchus.

"Samael's words are his own. Just because I was the only one with a chance to disagree, does not mean you can cast doubt on the integrity of all the other wise involved in the talks, for not having a chance to say anything." Weavebreaker said to Knot.

"Bacchus, we are not in the corner scheming. We are sitting at a table, that you were invited to, talking openly about Organization. So please, drop the pretense that some clandestine thing is happening."

"Assembly, which is sort of what is occurring now. Six, One, Two." Weavebreaker motioned for them to join in on the talks, for the third time.

Weavebreaker was about at her wits end, with people trying to derail the safety in having Organization Sacramento. She looked back to the others that had cared to work on the solution in the first place. "I care very little if someone is brand new. There is always the potential for enemies within and going off of Operation Risk Management can mitigate the potential threats. Rest assured I have a few ideas, that will allow any to voice their opinion and help shape the organization for the city which they will live, while maintaining safety. So please, do not try to exclude, as that is more damaging at this point in time."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

S
    Samael

As Campanella wished to remain as Councilor of the Moros, Samael nodded to the Mystagogue. "I would be on board with that."

As Knot unleashed his tirade the Warlock closed his eyes. Samael inhaled through his nose. He held his breath for twenty seconds. Slowly, releasing the air.

Winter's retort to Nebula struck true. Then, the Guardian Obrimos' leveled the Acanthus's vitriol. As he had heard his students say, "not my problem," Magus Knot was not his problem.

Bacchus had nearly as much as said he was here because he wanted to party, and did not care about Atlantean tradition. He formed his opinion on the Shaman. He resolved to ignore these agitators.

Weavebreaker's suggestion to join the conversation - for a third time - he concluded there was no hope for these individuals. The opportunity was presented, and they actively worked against it. One singular word that carried with it utmost contempt manifested in his mind. In the book of his conscious, he perceived them as Heretics. They would be treated as such.

Samael stood up and retrieved a vacant chair, placing it beside himself and sat down. "Please, join us then." He patted the seat as invitation. "All are welcome."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She sits and listens. Sipping her coffee, debating her words.

This was not going to be an easy transition, as the crap spewing forth told. But that didn’t mean they were backing down.

Of course the FC would buck against structure, that’s just how they were. But to hear a fellow member of the Mysterium voice against it was unexpected. Were his panties still in that much of a bunch over the Duel bullshit? Or had he always been like this and the veil was just now starting to part?

And seemed there was yet another Thyrsus, good to know. Seemed they were all going to have to sit down and talk soon.

Seemed like now was the best time to say her two cents before chaos erupted,

“So since we have new faces I’ve yet to meet, I’m Aurora, Thyrsus Councilor. Sounds like I have a few people to get to know here.” An easy-going smile as one more sip was taken. Man, she should have brought something to put in it.

“The problem I personally see with Cabals is there are only two current ones that I’m aware of. That is not a good representation of the Awakened of Sacramento. By going forward with Councilors from each Path, everyone is represented. We have the five points to the star, each Watchtower. I can see where there would be a problem should a Path not be represented, it happens, people come and go quite often. Should that be the case, I believe we can come together to form a solution until a Path representative appears.” Another sip.

“But we do care actually. We care a great deal. This Consilium has been through hell in back in a short amount of time. We have been decimated to where there were a handful of us standing. I’ve watched fellow Awakened killed in the field defending what we stand for. So don’t say people don’t care.” That was like a slap in the face to her. “Over the years, we’ve been waiting and willing to rebuild this to what it once was. To say no one cares is load of shit.” and with that, she sits again.

Friendly Reminder: side threads are semi-private. They are equivalent to talking in a small group, or off in a corner. This thread is the public thread. Excellent public posts!

Furthermore, to help ensure things continue smoothly, I will open an IC voting thread to represent a ballot box in 1 week. Until then, see who's opinion you can sway.

15. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now feels like as good a time as any for Hamia to return to a Consilium gathering. The last one hadn't been a comfortable experience. It felt like one more reason to mind her own business...

But that's not helping anyone, is it? As she makes her way into the stone halls of the Circe, she steps lightly. It doesn't take long to notice that things have already gotten underway. With plenty of new faces - and a few conspicuously absent ones. She'd ask the questions when the time comes, though. Shrugging her messenger bag off her shoulder, she finds a neat corner for it and stashes it there. The rest seem to be in some kind of deep discussion, and, for whatever reason, she feels to need to have both hands free.

Noticing Weavebreaker's position, Hamia takes a few quiet steps to meet up with her. She got no idea what she's gotten herself into. Hamia thinks to herself, bitterly. It would be nice to feel confident enough to represent herself without a social crutch. Some day. For now? With this many new faces and another heated discussion taking place? Hamia would be lost without a friendly face. She offers Weavebreaker a timid smile and assumes a position nearby.

"Hey, everyone. What did I miss?" She suddenly wishes she'd thought to bring coffee. Her gaze almost automatically drifts to Aurora , who - of course - came prepared. But she breaks her gaze long enough to assess the the rest of the room. "I caught something about Counsilors from each path?"

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread