Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Some nights ago, I was dragged into the tormented nightmare with the Queen of Spring, and the demonic Penance. One of the Lost was being tormented by the Gentry. The entire dream stank of their touch. Seeped with their Poison. Their invasion is imminent. The question is only when."

The dire news delivered, Lucifer leaned back in her seat, her features drawn, even if beautiful enough to steal the breath.

"I will admit, I do not know what to do when they come. But, I do have a plan for the position of Notary. It's quite simple, really. We, as the Autumn court, will simply do the Notary's job. Start recording pledges, and perhaps, even making more of them. Then, we will present evidence of this to the Freehold, and demand that we be given the title for our Monarch, as we are the masters of the pledge."

The candleflame danced across her capricorn eyes, strength returning with the thought of something to work towards. Something to gain.
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Poker face...

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-24 03:31:54 Rhodes rolls 8 to Conceal true feelings! Manip4+Subterfuge4 (9 Again) 2, 5, 2, 9, 4, 1, 1, 10, 8, 5 3 successes

The lady Fairest's words strike home, creating a chill in Rhodes' chest. A good idea, but no need to tell her that.Direct. Simple, yet elegant. Perhaps this is a depth to this dark beauty yet. That means I need to keep a close eye on her. The flower-wreathed changeling watches Lucifer carefully, and delivers a single nod in agreement. "Does the freehold even hold a law on informing the Notary, or is it expected that pledges of significance are brough before her?" Rhodes is thoughtful. "However.... this plan pales in significance to the threat. Your early warning is invaluable. The Freehold at large must be warned that the Gentry move within the dreams. I had already planned on doing some preparations of the Freehold within the Dreaming - I should accelerate them. We would need to return to the Dream if possible. Read the omens for more precise information. The memories of those that were with you - Penance, Queen Ingrid - may also hold answers. But I will not leave one of our kind to torture and mutilation if there is the possibility of saving them."

He rubs his chin. "Oneiromancy is a passion of mine. I wonder how it is that you were dragged into the dreams of another. Gentry magics is the obvious answer, but if there were another means at play, such knowledge would be invaluable. But a poisoned dream is also possible as a cause, though I have never heard of it."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Though I can't say that I particularly like you," Lucifer declared, regarding Rhodes coolly, "you are formidable. I'm sure that having you join us will be a boon as we dive into the dream. But enough of that. We will discuss that at the proper time. For now, I'm curious if there is anything else that we should discuss. I will begin to ask about Pledges. I shall make that my foremost focus for aiding our court, outside of the Shadow Play. Does that appease you?"
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles coldly. "I don't care if you like me or not, Lucifer. I will do what is best for this Court and it's members, regardless of my own personal feelings. But yes. Keep me informed of what you find. I don't particularly care if you ruffle some feathers doing it. A dose of Fear is good for them. Otherwise, there is one last piece of business, if you are content for dreams and the play to wait." The smile broadens.

"While keeping my hand in some of my insalubrious talents is all well and good, I don't want to bring any lasting damage to the Boarding House locks. The keys, if you'd be so kind. Edna's keys."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask

Mien

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

That brought a smirk to Lucifer's lips.

She dipped a hand back into her purse and produced a small envelope, her manicured nails glinting as she slid it across the table to Rhodes.

"I'll need Edna's for my play, so I made a few spares. However, if you'd like, I can install more locks to ensure that most of the house is off limits, if you'd like."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Naturally, I assumed it would be needed in some capacity." Rhodes' smile is unmoving but a twinkle is back in his eye. Oh yes. More cunning than I gave you credit for. Good. He delicately plucks the keys from the table and conceals them within the rolling thunderclouds.

"That won't be necessary, Lucifer. If something needs to be off-limits later, I'm sure I can arrange it."
    The Flowering watched Lucifer's reactions carefully, his smile serene. "You have given me much to think about Lucifer. I look forward to working very closely with you. Unless you have anything else, I think we are done here. When you have more, you know how to reach me."

That all for me. Good to wrap?

8. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask

Mien

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Take care of yourself, Sir Rhodes, and please do think on what we've talked about," Lucifer replied, smiling in return. "That title should be ours."

Thank you for the fun thread!

10. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes watches Lucifer leave, an eyebrow arching slightly as she struts proudly away, his gaze unbidden moving over her curves wrythed in darkness. Joined in purpose. At least I can be assured her concerns will not intersect with mine for now. She revels in Fear, and letting her have what she wants is a small price to pay for my own ambitions. A definitive step closer to the Dread Crown.

The Flowering allows himself to relax and smile. This meeting had gone better than he had intended. Lucifer's temper had cooled once their pact was sealed, which was a good sign. But Lucifer had tipped her hand - this must have been her new plan since the lesser position of the Monarchs in Sacramento had been made clear.

Controlling the Crown was key. I need to prove my worth in that role if I am move furthur, and Notary is the next logical step - provided Lucifer does not attempt to usurp me by acting as my agent.
    If she were to push for Notary, the resistance would be great. If I push and fail, I am sure she will be waiting in the wings. But if I use Lucifer's information... If I push and succeed....

This certainly is worth further thought.

The camara pans out, leaving Rhodes alone in the room.

Thanks again Cayce!

12. Likes Cayce, liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread