THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Another big city dweller. 'New York. Well, I think you'll find Sacramento's society... more manageable. At least that is how I experienced it, coming from Chicago.' Even though the number of Kindred in Court now seemed higher than before. But as Aaron looks around, he thinks it would be easy to find room to talk to all the new arrivals within a short amount of time.

While Kara reads the Laws, he turns to the other two Lords. 'We shall reconvene soon. I'm thinking: an informal setting to get to know each other better. I shall think of a good spot, but if anyone has suggestions, feel free to share.'

He knows that Rebecca comes in entirely different social circles than he does, so she might know good spots. Ashley has been a longer resident of the city. It is a small experiment to see what they consider to be informal.

'Perfect,' he responds to Kara when she finished reading. 'You may then consider yourself Acknowledged in the Domain of Sacramento. Welcome.' He concludes formally, before taking his own smartphone in his hand to exchange contact details.

2. Likes liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

"New York. A very interesting city to say the least." Rebecca wondered what Kara thought about Haunts being allowed above ground, or had she not even noticed?

Focusing back on Aaron, Rebecca offered a smile. "Well I think an appropriate meeting place will all depend on how secure you want the conversation to be. A bar or club would work for just a casual conversation. But if you're interested in something beyond that I have an idea. There are actually businesses that rent out meeting spaces at an hourly rate. Some are certainly more elegant than others, but it would afford us at least the expectation of privacy." Though Rebecca would never trust it completely. "If you're interested in that option I can always set that up for you Priscus," she said with a smile. She suspected there would be a gap between her income and his. Might as well help where she can with the family.

With Kara's acceptance and Aaron's decree she was acknowledged. Now there were four. "Welcome. Officially," she said with a smile before looking between Kara and Ashley. "I look forward to our family's continued success."

K
    Kara Maeve

"One cannot expect to know everything there is to know of life, death and living between them if one does not go out and experience the many places and paces of both." pleasantly said, "It was decided that I should enjoy a different location and pace. Since my Embrace I have lived in large cities, with a varied and rather large Kindred population. Sacramento was chosen, for many reasons, of which, it is California's capital city, but if this-" she pauses to look upon the Kindred gathered for tonight's Court. "-is a reflection of Sacramento's numbers, then yes, it will be a vastly different experience that what I am used to."

She falls silent as van Valen speaks, and Simmons follows up. They were Priscus and Whip, and Kara did wonder what they could come up with for a Meeting of the Lords.

"My thanks," she nods, "I will strive to serve Her Majesty the Prince to the best of my ability." She offers the Painted Prince a bow, though she is certain that the women will not see her action, but they do count. Just as strongly as her words.

Rising, "I have only just arrived and I know this is too soon to ask, but I will make my desires known. I wish to make Sacramento my home, and one of the steps to do this will be to establish a Haven of Note, under Her Majesty's Laws to accomplish this, the Right of Tenancy must be granted....to be clear, I am not asking for this Right to be gifted to me. No, I am a new arrival and unknown to you. I am doing is asking what must I do to prove that I am worthy of such consideration." she pauses, waiting for her Pricus' words.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley continued to listen on, though it seemed that Kara's acknowledgement was complete.

"Madam Whip, to spare you the trouble, I do have a location that could offer privacy." Ashley finally piped up. She tucked her phone back away, after ensuring she had the contact information for all three of the Lords. "Just let me know the time and place, and it would be my pleasure to host."

Ashley withheld her curiosity over Kara's question, it had been one Ashley had asked earlier and it was promptly danced around.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron's first reply to Kara is a slow nod. Not everyone had the luxury to travel around and do as they like. Or experience the whole world before their Embrace. Afterwards, it was surely more uncomfortable to travel. Try not to meet the sun when flying above clouds. Although, she says it was decided. Who decided that for her?

'Do you expect to know everything at some point?' He let the question hang for a second with his eyes narrowed, before releasing it with a smile, 'Welcome to the club.'

'Thank you, Whip Simmons, I will look over the various options.'
    Although, if they were going for a meeting space like that, they might as well come together in Nox. Then to Ashley. 'I'd be curious to hear more. I shall contact you later.'

After all, it is getting quite late. He'd rather not rush a decision like this.

'Well, there is no harm in asking, of course.'
    He says, his reply also clearly directed at Ashley. Aaron is a little surprised this is really one of the first topics of discussion. Had there been a different Priscus upon his arrival, he'd surely not have asked for this right away. 'But it should be noted there is no clear formula for this. Essentially, I'm deciding for the Prince who can have a more prominent presence in her Domain. Therefore, it can be granted by making a considerable effort towards the safety of her Domain, for example. Fair warning, we currently have a serious hunter problem in Sacramento. If you turn words into practice,' they did promise to serve Alessandra to the best of their ability, 'it may be rewarded.'

'Alternatively, if you wish to use the rights of Tenancy for goals that may serve our society, say, open a business, it will put things in a different perspective. There are other options to explore, but I'd rather keep those for a more private setting.'

7. Likes liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca listened to Kara elaborate on her travels, but had no further comment. Sacramento was small, who could hide that. Kara would just have to adapt, as they all had, to the change of pace.

Rebecca listened as Ashley hinted at a separate location from Rebecca's suggestion. If Rebecca had suggested some place she owned then she may have been insulted, but hers was essentially the Nox meeting rooms, but not at the Nox. She smiled and spoke. "If you have some specific place in mind I'd also be interested in hearing about it or seeing it Ms. Cohen." She would not interfere with Aaron making the determination though.

Rebecca listened as Kara brought up a 'path' to Tenancy, just as Ashley had. She couldn't blame them for desiring it of course. Everyone needed a goal and to understand how to reach said goal. Aaron finally gave an answer, of sorts, while also allowing for further discussion in private. It was of course his decision to make whether either of these new Lords were worthy of Tenancy.

Rebecca looked down at her watch and couldn't believe the time. "Two new Lords have been acknowledged this night. I look forward to getting to know both of you further. Unfortunately it seems, based on the time, that it will not be this evening. I believe I should actually retire for the night, if you'll excuse me. I hope you each have a good rest of your evening." She then gave each of them a bow of her head, reserving the most respectful of the three bows for Aaron.

Rebecca heads to main thread

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, greatly." Ashley said in response to Aaron. "Feel free to task me in anyway you see fit to help resolve the Hunter issue." Ashley offered a smile. "I am only a text away."

"Just let me know a time when you are available." Ashley offered a bow in return to Rebecca. Thank you greatly, as well."

Ashley's focus turned to the other new arrival, Kara. "Do you have a place to stay the day?" She was pleased that her fellow Lord had asked the same question, and elicited a bit more of a response. Great minds think alike.

Ashley's eyes went back to Aaron for a moment. "While the rules, specifically guide us in what 'not to do,' asking about the path towards privileges gives as a glimpse of your expectations of what 'to do.' I thank you for providing additional clarity to that." Ashley offered with a reverent bow to the Lords' Priscus. "With absolute sincerity, if there is anything needed, just let us know." With that, her eyes moved back towards Kara, offering her a smile.

Social Combat

10. Likes Dark Passenger, liked this post
    K
    Kara Maeve

"I would very much like to try." her eyes twinkle, her smile now impish is what is returned in exchange for van Valen's. "Thank you." she bows her head.

Cohen's familiar enough with Sacramento to offer a location for a Family meeting, hmm, something to consider.

"Ah, what is an unclear formula for others, is simply a challenge to us, no?" Though, what follows the warning, seems a clearer picture then what she'd anticipated. "I am not the mostly martially inclined kindred, but if pressed, I can always press back." her smile is more smirk now, "I do hope to be of help in keeping my new home safe." she nods, silently echoing Cohen's statement.

"Good evening, Madam Whip Simmons." Kara offers a deferential head nod as the older women took her leave.

"Worry not," she says to the blonde, "I am quite certain that I can find something before dawn." after all she was a Lord,with all that entailed.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

First, Aaron replies to Rebecca with a polite bow. 'You are right. Good night, Whip Simmons.'

Then the other ladies. He's glad they're not out to give him a hard time. Not that he was expecting it necessarily, but you never know with Kindred. They surprise him, in fact. Is it a Carthian thing?

Of course, it is an ancient Ventrue practice to have no Lord ever go without a roof above his or her head. Ashley's question therefore immediately makes Aaron wonder about her background and personal history.

'Perfect. It was good of you both to make it clear this is something you want. As I have no reason to actively withhold the rights from either of you, you can trust me to come forward whenever I feel you've made a noteworthy effort.' After all, it is just Tenancy they're talking about. 'I will let you know when you can lend a helping hand... or mind. Brains over brawn, right?'

After completely ridding Jebediah the hunter of his free will, Aaron is quite confident they can defeat this mortal foe. And Lords can have others do the actual fighting for them. It's all about efficiency.

​'Shall we call it a night then?'

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley smiled to Kara, as she seemed to have everything in order. With Aaron, wrapping up the conversation, she gave him a bow. "Again, thank you. May the rest of your evening treat you well."

"Take care as well Kara." Ashley said offering a bow to the fellow newcomer.

Social Combat

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.