(Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley read over the note noting nothing had changed. A smile drifted across her face at the realization that almost every face was new, but the letter of the law remained the same. "Thank you." Ashley said with a bow of her head, handing the note back to the Priscus of the Lords.

"Eastern Russia, around the Golden Horn Bay." Ashley gave the information freely to Rebecca.

Taking the card from Rebecca, she pulled out her phone, giving and receiving numbers to both the Lords.

"My schedule is light. Whatever date and time works for both of your schedules, it will be my pleasure to attend." Ashley tucked her phone back into her pocket.

Ashley knew politics, and knew the night life held a multi-faceted approach. It was such a simply task for her to get her family to come out on top; it was innately in their blood, after all. It was also the safe way to play, as Sacramento may as well been a foreign territory. Whatever headway she had made previous had evaporated and she hadn't the faintest idea of where the Movement stood in the hearts and minds of Sacramento.

Ashley gave a nod of her head. "I am familiar with Western Europe as well."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

K
    Kara Maeve

Kara's steps hesitate as she approaches the trio. Monsters, the lot of them. The shrike trembles, wings clipped. Crying at her to flee!

But no. She has a purpose for allowing herself to stand before these monsters and their thickened Blood. She cannot feed, she whispers to the monster within, she cannot hunt she croons. Not without Acknowledgement. For Poaching would be ever worse then standing before this....individuals.

"Excuse the interruption, I am Kara Maeve, Ventrue. I was told to seek out Priscous van Valen."

There, that wasn't so difficult was it?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron only nods shortly while accepting the paper back from Ashley. It is no surprise she has no further questions regarding her Acknowledgement or the Laws. The Priscus, however, wonders what it would mean to have a returning Ventrue in his family. One that looked like she could hold her own.

'Perfect. I will let you both know within a few nights.'

He hardly has time to overthink possible political moves from the Carthian when, from the corner of his eye, he catches another unfamiliar Beast. Immediately his head spins in her direction.

He lets her speak. Without grabbing her by the throat. Without knocking her to the ground. Aaron would hardly notice her at first, but now that she is standing right in front of him, he could not describe the striking quality of the newest Ventrue.

'Hello,' he says while studying the woman. She seamed to glow almost. Her captivating voice takes a moment to settle in his ears. Then, perhaps a second too late, he opens his arms in a welcoming manner, 'In the flesh.' Eventually a smile appears.

'Welcome to the Domain of Sacramento, Kara Maeve. I hope your travels have not been too uncomfortable?'

4. Likes liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Buttons were pressed and a number was entered into Rebecca's phone. With a smile she looked back up and said, "Eastern Russia. Is it nice there?" Rebecca imagined the area appeared much nicer than cold war propaganda made it seem. At the mention of Western Europe Rebecca didn't elaborate. There would be time later to explore Ashley's history.

Then the discussion about a meeting seemed to conclude with Ashley making it clear she would be free and Aaron telling them he would let them know. Before Rebecca could respond though she noticed that two new Kindred had arrived. One had no beast at all, and her Catalyst remained dormant. She watched as he headed straight for Taft and she made a mental note of his presumed family connections.

The other was a separate creature, beautiful and glowing, and yet in her own way almost ignorable. One would be hard pressed to notice her, but if they did they would see something quite remarkable, like finding a hidden jewel in a mist. Her Catalyst on the other hand had no problem noticing the rival and commanded her to give in for once and slaughter her where she stood. Rebecca did not give in.

As the woman spoke her voice felt...treacherous. There was something crafty within her words that put Rebecca a little on edge, and yet not a single moment of internal thought escaped through her perfect facade. Voices could of course be deceiving, so she listened to the introduction and then listened to Aaron's response without revealing anything. "How interesting. Two new Lords in one night." She turned to look towards Aaron before continuing. "It appears our family is most fortunate Priscus van Valen."

Her eyes rested back on Kara, a friendly smile on her face. "Good evening Ms. Maeve. You're not interrupting anything. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Madam Whip Rebecca Simmons."

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Ashley Cohen." She offered with a brief curtsy to the newcomer. From there, her hands clasped together in front of her.

Ashley remained silent, though, as the Priscus and Whip had to dispense introductions and formalities. She was not going to bog down that process with trivial conversation.

Social Combat

K
    Kara Maeve

Even as she spoke, even as her shrike cries out at the presence of a rival and threats both, it takes their eyes a moment to steady upon her. A diamond in the rough, yes. A women who's Sire appreciated her beauty and cultivated her voice, but didn't wish to notice her, unless she crossed his mind.

"Not to uncomfortable," allowing her lips to curve upward into an easy smile, "Just the expected pains of travelling to somewhere new."

Turning to the women, Simmons. Invictus obviously, "The pleasure is mine, Madam Whip Simmons," she enunciates clearly, best not antagonize the First Estate. At least. Not yet.

Towards the blonde, Cohen. Apparently a new arrival as well. "How fortuitous." Another sweet smile. Perfectly practiced, and demure.

Her hands fold resting upon her abdomen, "I apologise for any impertinence on my part, but the night grows short...would it be possible to begin the posses of my Acknowledgement this night, or shall my appearance tonight be a formal announcement of my arrival?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Of course, glad to hear it,' as if she would show any weakness, it wouldn't suit a Lord, 'and where is that from, exactly?'

Aaron turns to smile to Rebecca. 'Most fortunate indeed. Good to see more Kindred are finding their way to Sacramento.' He shortly lets his gaze wander through Court. Just when he thought he had met the local Kindred. But who knows what qualities these new arrivals would bring with them.

At least one handsome face.

Standing in the Shadows...

But - back to the woman in front of him, demanding his attention with her silk words. 'No problem at all, Miss Maeve. To further delay such a matter would only be a disadvantage to us all. I just need to make sure you will swear to follow the Laws of the Domain, as created by our good Prince, Alessandra Antinori.' The paper he still had in his hand, is now handed over. The Laws are handwritten.

'And if you wouldn't mind, exchange contact information.'

Clearly, not an obligatory part of Acknowledgement, but it would make his future tasks as Priscus much easier.

9. Likes , liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Ashley was quite tight lipped. Not an undesirable trait. At least Rebecca knew the woman wouldn't be shouting about revolution at the top of her lungs.

Rebecca gave Kara a friendly smile as she replied. It seemed this one also showed respect. It was very appreciated, especially with a new Lord.

As Aaron replied to Kara's comment about travel Rebecca listened. She too was curious where the incandescent woman had come from.

"I truly hope the city continues to flourish and grow," she said with a smile to Aaron.

Rebecca then watched the back and forth between Kara and Aaron in regards to acknowledgement. There was no reason for Rebecca to respond or interrupt. Best to make the process as smooth as possible.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley's hands remained clasped in front of her, as she continues to listen intently. She was intimately familiar with the pressures of being new arrival, having played out this routine a handful of times, within this very city. Still, the fluidity of it all was appeasing - The Lords, these Lords kept the process smooth, even the new arrival.

Social Combat

K
    Kara Maeve

"My most recent residence was within the Domain of New York city." She answers, refraining from engaging in a discussion of the Boroughs, and which places she visited on her journey across the country.

Carefully she takes the handwritten Laws, eyes cast downward as she reads. Antinori's name is listed, but the dates do not match the information she'd been given by her Sire, and. Hmm. A boilerplate perhaps? There were to many male pronouns used in the writing for it have been completely created for or by Antinori.

...unless the women, in fact identified male....?

"There is nothing written here that I cannot or will not follow." She nods, handing back the page, while reaching into her clutch, and retrieving her smartphone. "I can add each of you to my contact list presently,"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.