Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Secret Sewers) Oubliette

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Davis

"Oh, I have dear Mable's number too. She did say she wanted to investigate the tunnels connections to certain spots of import to her." Why am I talking to myself?

Davis forwards the previous text to Mable.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gets his text, then calls him because, well his texting sucks! Once they established where she should meet him and what she should bring. She also sent a message to Krieg. Krieg

She then swung by and picked Krieg up and then went to Pioneer Park.

"Ok, so Davis said to go down these stairs and then I could find the secret door into the sewers." Mable led Krieg to the stairs and the secret hidden entry. They brought some of her work equipment from the truck to keep up the appearance of her working. She has a shovel, flash lights, cell phone, paper, pen, knife, and small limb saw.

K
    Krieg

Krieg raised a brow. The 'secret entrance' was an area he marked off in his head. He would be speaking to Cynthia about this discovery. "I see." Krieg brought his signature overcoat and boots.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Ever so slight ret-con to ensure we are all on the same page...

The 'secret entrance' provided by Colonel Davis is an old storage point containing a long forgotten manhole that led back into the Old Sacramento tunnels. The space is cold and sterile and empty, thick with graffiti, long neglected by the authorities. Thanks to his previous investigations, Davis has mapped the spot and it is the closest entrance to his newly discovered mystery.

The Daeva will meet the pair as they descend, having had to backtrack slightly.

Davis will be able to lead the pair to the side passage he had discovered; it was made all the more obvious by the fan of material spilling out into the tunnel and the dust still thick in the air.

Between the three of them, they would be able to work out that the new tunnel's Davis' had discovered went north toward the confluence of the American and the Sacramento rivers, the water works, and the new developments around the Amtrak Railyards.

Exactly how the chamber - with its weird occupant - was situated and where that heavy door went, remained a mystery.

5. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Sorry you had to do a minor retcon YYC. I was trying to get the others to Davis's location without leaving the scene. We established it was near the party den in Old Sac, so I figured any entrance into the Underground would do. Again my apologies.

"And here it is. Nearly crushed me as I was trying to wedge through. The gap is now gone and we will have to dig our way to the other side. But over yonder is a room with shards of glass hanging from the ceiling. There are some mirrors arranged at some weird angles. There are some words and inscriptions on the walls, likely Voodoo and a heavy door in the opposite wall. There is an old iron bed, a chest, a table with brick a brack on it, and an armchair. There is a lady chained to the bed. The whole place smells of food, piss, shit, sweat and blood, so I think she has been there for a while."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable checked to make sure she had her phone. She would want pictures of the inscriptions and words on the wall. Maybe. Could just be regular graffiti but that could be judged later. "Did you actually see the lady chained to the bed? Is she alone? And what kind of a lady? Is she alive? Mirrors?" Mable asked all of this as she pulled out her shovel. "Can we see through this rubble?" She looked at the mess and decided where to start by pulling things by hand.

K
    Krieg

The giant patted his coat to prevent the dust from settling in. He listened to Davis's discovery. Krieg rolled his eyes at the mention of "voodoo." He would have to educate Davis on the topic at a later point in time.

He held a hand toward Mable, "Watch your hands. You may disturb a critter or cut your fingers." A rat was entirely possible. "Perhaps you may want to search visually before you get your hands dirty."

He turned his attention to the graffiti. He studied it to see if there was any symbolism that may be hidden among it.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-29 11:52:31 Krieg rolls 6 to Is this grafitti associated with any occult symbolism? [Int+Occult] (10 Again) 5, 2, 10, 8, 3, 3, 7 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Rubble, junk, and rubbish still filled the side passage. Thanks to Davis' previous attempts, the clutter was much less of a problem.

That still left the blockage at the other end.

Their vision was impaired by the sheer volume of disturbed dust and particulates, which also hindered Krieg's investigations. The giant could make out, dimly, the shape of the chamber with its bed and big mirrors, but the finer details were obscured in the ripe air.

From within the chamber, something started giggling and crying.

J
    John Davis

"That's her, the lady strapped to the bed. I tried to reach her and the whole thing came tumbling down. I could not see any visible traps. I think more equipment is needed to dig through to reach her." Davis responded with all the information that he had.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's head snapped towards the sound. "John? Did you see her strapped to the bed? What did she look like? Did you recognize her? Did she look hurt?"

Then she looked to Krieg, "Sorry, guess I am just used to being a task oriented girl. Do you see a trap or something?"

Back to John, "Lead the way."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread