:bull:

"And this is a book of hours copied from an undated original. I want you to pay special attention to the drawing in the margin on page 3 of the plastic cards you have."
"Is this a legimate book of hours?" College student probably, perhaps one of the professors was offering extra credit? he would have to look into that.
"Yes, it is perfectly servicable. I know its fairly surprising to see paganism in a religious text. But I am digressing. See the three participants around the tree with the hanging animal and human corpses? This is a representation of Thor's Tree, which had been destroyed by the christians sometime around the creating of the original book of hours, Flip ahead to the next card." He waited while some of them had trouble with the plastic packets. God it was worse than back home sometimes.
"You will see that at the conclusion of the hymn, is another picture, this time of a tree on fire. Now this is sometimes misinterpreted as a burning bush as depicted in Exodus; however, now that you have seen the tree in the previous one, i think you all can make the conclusion that it is a triumph of Christianity over Thor. Now i know some of you may have read the marvel comic about Thor, which had very little connection to the mythical thor. However, that comic was based on a fledgling re-emergence of interest in norse mythology, which helped give basis and form to the nascent neopaganism movement in Marin. In fact, they even re-dedicated a new Thor's Tree."
And none of them really cared about it. *sigh*
"Any other questions?" he asked as they wandered about the exhibit. He had to hand it to Tyria, she really had done a great job.
Tyria. There was something about her, something strange and unexpected. She wasn't afraid of him. There was always some hint of fear in anyone who wasn't people when he met them. It was intriguing, fascinating. Even his fiance was afraid of him, especially when something upset him. But Tyria hadn't even flinched in the slightest, never once backing down. It stirred a passion in him that he had thought long tamed, but it reared within him.

He answered several more questions, most fairly benign, a few demonstrating some actual interest. Although all of them were hesitant, and flinched away from him, despite his short stature.

When it was all done, he asked Tyria if she was interested in getting some coffee afterwards. It would be a good wrap up to his first presentation. And she wasn't ugly, and most importantly, could look him in the eye without the subtle grace of fear.
She declined.
Damn.