Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(0911) November Court

Page 4 of 42 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Gideon thanked the two kindred at the door for their service, and entered the Temple's main room. The only thing special about his appearance this evening is that his suit, a dark charcoal in color, is perhaps better fitted to his frame than some of his other suits. It seems that this one did not ask the Carthians for anything too ostentatious.
    He spends a few moments to peruse the art that's on display, much of his time spent with Lady Pia's painting. Something in it reminds Gideon of youth, and home. It's beautiful, and he loathes it. But it takes an effort to turn away from it. He makes his way to the Mother of Monsters, and when she is free he bows to her.
    "Hierophant Circe," he says in his basso profondo. "Thank you for arranging this evening for our city's Kin to gather. I trust the festivities tonight will be quite entertaining."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria's jaw clenched and her smile froze and she retained her smile by sheer force of will alone. Her eyes smoldered with fury at the indignity of the Prince's actions.

I busted my fucking ass to get the information for court and he treats me like some dog begging for a treat. How dare he treat me like that in front of the entire city after I practically sold my soul to the Viscountess for help. That bastard! Or was it Twist that set me up? Was all that nice politeness a front after all?

She watched the Prince walk away unable to do or say anything about the way she had been treated. The Prince's smug attitude was a cruel twist of the knife, which served to drive home the fact that she was completely powerless and completely at the man's mercy. This would change even if it took the rest of her requiem. She straitened her posture and looked toward the door waiting for new arrivals, and scanned the room while purposely avoiding looking at the Prince.

The arrival of Cordwood made her skin crawl. The fact that he was of similar strength made her wasp add to her irritable mood. They even let things like that attend court? Why can't he just go crawl back under his rock?

As Gideon walked in she swallowed her fury and returned to her duties. Only a few more to go through...the night won't last forever.

"Oracle Gideon of the Ordo Dracul."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max shifts a little as he feels the mask around Elanah's Beast drop. He's thankful she remembered no gifts of the blood were allowed here; he takes a moment to place the thin-rimmed glasses on his face. He felt odd, a feeling he couldn't place until he looked at his arm; the feel of the other Mekhet clinging to him a new one. He'd never had accompaniment to Court before, her weight and nervousness adding to the slowly creeping sense of dread knotting inside his stomach. He felt his Beast begin to rise, begging to leave this place before it was too late to turn back. Max stifled it was a few seconds concentration, slowly pulling Elanah along into the temple.

He nods at the two kindred they encounter before entering the temple proper, following the line of other Kindred towards the evening's hostess. He waits patiently, his hand reaching up to give Elanah's a reassuring squeeze; praying to whatever dark gods he believed in that the flood of new Beasts wouldn't overpower their better judgments. Once it's his turn to speak, Max bows deeply, introducing himself and Elanah; thanking the leader of the Crone for opening her temple for the night's activities. More platitudes and fawning follow, until the social graces are fulfilled. Sensing the growing line of Kindred behind them; Max quickly excuses himself and the other Mekhet.

He slowly makes his way toward Konstantine, pretending to admire the art, but all the while trying to attract the Russian's attention, without drawing him away from his duties to the Prince. A few quick words were all he would need, if only he could to it inconspicuously. He glances over at Elanah, a less than confident smile parting his lips.* See, that wasn't so bad. Only a few more hours to survive....

Kharn

Sebastian, still silent, was busy having the Man force the Beast behind walls of his mind. Faith, it was as much a shield as it was a sword, and in this case he shielded his Beast against the raging in fear that is sought.

Then he felt a Beast he recognised, a smothering heavyness, a momentary sensation like a million spiderlegs prickling his cold dead flesh. He knew that Beast, he had given Confession to the Man who reigned over that Beast. Father Benezri Oriundus Cordwood... Sebastian had thought he was still in San Francisco, and that the call he had recieved had been a pocket dialing accident, but maybe he had been wrong. Damn... There was a chance that he had insulted the Father.

He watches as the mangled, frail looking Father Cordwood exchanges pleasantries with Heirophant Circe. "Beautifully hypocritical..." He mutters to himself, respected Cordwood for his ability to wear a mask when it came to heretical faiths.

He waits until Father Cordwood finishes speaking with the Heirophant, and starts looking at the various art pieces that adorn the Court location. He approaches Cordwood, smiling, and feigning clearing his throat. Once he has his attention, he smiles brightly. "Father Benezri Cordwood, in the flesh! Tell me Father, did you call me recently?" He says, holding a friendly hand out for the Father to shake.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge walked into the Temple tapping her folding cane on the ground in front of her as she went. She left Cerberus and her sword cane at Obsidian's temple where they would be safe and had to settle for a normal folding cane to get around, but at least there is no way it could be considered a weapon. She felt as if she was naked without her dog and trusted cane, however, neither were allowed at court and she did not want to anger the Prince.

She wore a nice conservative dark blue dress. While it wasn't designer label it was clean and only slightly rumpled. It was hard to believe that she was able to locate such a dress from a place like the Salvation Army. With the dress she wore a brand new cloth blindfold and shoes that matched it. She had certainly put some time and effort into making herself up and looked a little better than she normally did, but next to the beauties at court she was quite plain. Even though she was clean and presentable she still gave the impression of dirt and radiated an uneasy or creepy feeling. On her forehead burned into it was the shape of a crescent moon. She took care to ensure that all of her typical powers of the blood were not in effect for the duration of court.

She listened to the buzzing sounds of conversation and felt new and familiar tugs of beasts surrounding her as she scanned the room. After she was finished reigning in her beast she made her way toward the sound of Circe. It sounded like she was close and near the entrance. Tapping her cane she took care not to bump into anyone as she slowly made her way to the Hierophant.

Waiting for a lull in the Hierophant's conversation she spoke,"Good evening Hierophant."

Peter Vedderman arrives at the temple, and stands on the sidewalk looking at his destination. He begins the inner monologue to his Beast, soothing it, pointing out it will know many of the others in the room this time and there is simply no need to act up. Besides, doing so would be bad for him, and in turn bad for the Beast. So, fuckin' behave.

"Good lord I hate this shit," he mutters to himself as he begins to walk toward the doors. The suit the Carthians provided was everything he wanted. That is, simple, classic, with clean lines. Probably Men's Warehouse or something. It fit pretty well, a plain black suit with simple well buffed leather shoes, white button-down shirt, black tie. Silver colored cufflinks, tie clasp, and watch. Simple, nice, but nothing eye catching. Certainly not expensive. As he adjusts his tie, he puts forward the effort required to curb his learned reaction to other Beasts, letting his own show as what it truly was.

With a small sigh, he heads in.

Walking through the doors, he greets Circe. "Nice to see you again, especially under such tame and non-requiem threatening conditions." He gives a little chuckle, thinking back to his first night in town, and how she had been one of the first people he met. God that night was shitty. Speaking of shitty... Nope. Not going into the last sojourn into the old Chapter House. Not tonight. Not here.

immediately hands a left and moves along the wall. Finding a rather removed spot, he stands, looking at the gathering Vampires. He's looking for one face in particular. He notices some familiar faces... people he will have to greet once he's a little more comfortable.

Wade Masters arrived, sure he'd be meeting many new people. To that end, he lulled his Id into a state of calm. Dressed in a suit of his own ownership, the smoke colored silks fitting him properly, he puts on a smile and strolls to the building, intent on enjoying himself as best as he was able. After all, it seemed the place to get a feel for possible business endeavors down the road.

Reaching the door, he gives Victoria a warm smile and polite bow of his head. "A pleasure to see you again. I do hope the evening finds you well." When appropriate, he excuses himself. "As much as I would enjoy chatting, I am under the impression you are at work, so to speak, and I respect that. I won't monopolize your time, I'm certain you have more pressing concerns. A pleasant evening, madam."

With that, he enters the temple to peruse the artwork and meet those of the city.

Heathcliff Staley, the Seneschal, arrives. He and Circe briefly exchange greetings, then he walks around the art exhibits, taking a few moments to look at them but paying more attention to the many lovely women here this night... and noticing that some are unknown to him, as are some of the men. His relative weakness of blood compared to some newcomers is somewhat disconcerting, but at least he has some official standing to back him up.

Konstantin bows to the Prince when acknowledged, bowing also to Ishani and Twist. He keeps watch all around, generally staying near the prince while avoiding an appearance of hovering. He eventually notices Max's attention and heads that way, noticing Elanah while partway there. He approaches her first. "You are looking lovely this evening," he says, simply. He then turns to Max. "Good evening, Max," he greets him with a nod.

The Mother Superior arrives, Obfuscated as usual, dropping that Discipline only as she arrives. She is dressed in her typical outfit, styled on the familiar garb of a traditional Catholic nun, black, and red where the nun would be wearing white. She bears a rosary at her belt, with the symbol of the Lancea et Sanctum in place of the crucifix.

The two doormen reel back from her blood when she appears, and for a moment it appears the big Nosferatu, Vic, might lose his composure and go into fear frenzy, but then finally he relaxes and nods to the Mother Superior.

The Mother Superior and Circe regard each other in an outwardly cordial manner, nodding and exchanging the most brief of greetings.

Mother Superior Donna Maria: Blood Potency 5

Circe continues to act the hostess, greeting each new guest.

"I am pleased to meet you, Father Cordwood," Circe says, formal and with a polite smile. "I hope you will find the night's festivities to your liking."

"I trust so as well, Gideon," Circe says. "Tell me, what sorts of art and performance do you enjoy?"

Circe greets Peter Vedderman warmly. "It is good to see you as well, Peter, and I certainly hope the tonight's circumstances will be more enjoyable than those of our initial meeting."

"Good evening, Dirge," she says as the new Acolyte arrives. "I trust you're ready to perform this evening?"

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cassandra nodded to Victoria and started walking away as her duties took center stage. She did try to keep herself from laughing when she saw the price pat her on the head like some pet animal after she beat down the fear of her beast into submission and the usual brief look of horror passed. "Perhaps the lords are even weaker than she told." She mumbled as she looked over and admire the other pieces of artwork. She felt another beast enter the room, much stronger than before. She nearly started tearing into her hands to keep her distracted, but soon it passed and she returned her focus. It was strange to have the Beast grow more crazed without the company of the voices. Almost alien in fact. "Best not to dwell on that..."
    --------
    Myrah kept her eye on the new arrivals. Each one was an opportunity after all and one shouldn't be too stingy about that. She did glance at the doctors direction for a moment, wondering if he had learned anything new recently. She did pick up something that suggested that and moved closer, though not by much. Enough to catch more conversation when necessary. I though I asked him to keep me informed...
    Myrah's Dress

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Nosferatu Curse: Icy chill
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow arrives at the temple, walking through the doors silently and dropping her Mask.. She takes very little time to make her way to the Heirophant and bows deeply to the woman. The arua of cold can be felt radiating from her even at this distance. The display of artwork and creativity is breathtaking to her and she has a smile and a look of wonder on her face as she looks around.

"Heirophant Circe, I am Oracle Shadow of the Ordo Dracul. I bid you a good evening and compliment you on this breathtaking display. Tell me, do you know if any of these works of art can be purchased? I would love to have something of this nature in my chapter house."

Shadows attire

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max returns the not to Konstantin, dipping his head a little lower in deference to his position as Reeve.* Good evening Reeve. I apologize for taking you away from your tending to the Prince; but you're the most established Kindred that I have met. With the chaos of the past nights, I haven't had a chance to meet with the Priscus of my clan. You wouldn't happen to know the Mekhet I'm searching for, would you? *Max keeps his tone soft and respectful, befitting of the request for information. One must always be mindful of the Harpies...*

Page 4 of 42 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread