Ended
Watch

Arrows in Flight

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Alastor

As it turned out, Alastor was already in the know about the Circle, and so he brought the conversation to the Arrow wing, where he'd been working out and generally getting acclimatized to the world. Today wasn't a usual day in the prison routine, though. It was time to meet the one properly established soldier manning this weird fucking post on the western end of the continent.

The Mastigos had his trusty water bottle on his backpack at his feet, but he wasn't going to lie; the coffee Hamia said she was grabbing sounded magical, and he was going to take her up on it for sure. Wearing comfortable black pants with plenty of pockets and a grey Nike athletic shirt, the soldier looked ready to be doing physical.

Finding a chair, the Talon settled in to wait.

No spells are readily apparent, but Wits + Occult - 4 may reflexively reveal the presence of spell cloaked castings.

Travisc06489

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

True to her word, Hamia makes her grand entrance to the Arrow's wing with a cup in each hand. She has a tan messenger bag slung diagonally over her left shoulder, and is wearing stretchy jeans with a simple, blue button-down shirt. Buttoned to the point of not being prudish without venturing into provocative.

She seems a little rushed - like she was worried about being late - despite never having met Alastor. She smiles as politely as she can, confronted with the unfamiliar image she's greeted with. A collected looking guy with dark hair with plenty of facial hair. And... athletic clothes? Fuck! A good workout would have been a hell of a way to break the ice. Seeing him seated, she apprehensively approaches and holds out the two-drink tray.

"Dark roast is on your right. Left is a caramel latte. I was in a rush, so I figured I would stick with the basics."
    If a latte could be considered 'basic' when there's regular old coffee. Well, yeah, it's 'basic'. But she could have gone simpler. She just... chose not to.

"Have you spent a lot of time in the Tower? I'm hardly ever here. It felt kinda weird being the only one using the wing."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

A
    Alastor

"You're a god damn hero," Alastor breathed, reaching for the coffee. With the lack of chemical vices he allowed himself what with the avoidance of cigarettes, the occasional pleasure of dark roast was nice - and effective. He hadn't allowed himself to become inured to the glory of the mild stimulant. Sniffing the rich aroma, he blew on the coffee and took a sip. It burned his tongue a bit, but that was a small price to pay for the flavor.

"Yeah, I've been here a lot lately. It's a good place to work out. It's been quiet, obviously, given that we're low on Talons. But I'm hoping that we get lucky and some reinforcements get sent in. What I'm hearing tells me things aren't too loud here, but something tells me that is because we're not in control of the scenario. Someone else is. Nice to meet you, by the way. I'm Alastor."

Right down to business, right?

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wrong account!
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've been called worse." she replies, with a semi-awkward smile. As soon as Alastor's coffee clears the holder, she pops her own out and drops the carrier on the table. The sweet, sweet smell of caramel and the promise of life-giving caffeine grab a hold of her senses, and she wraps both hands around the paper cup and takes her first, hot sip. It's all she can do to not have her eyes roll back in ecstasy.

But back to the present.

"Yeah, with the stairs? I can see that." She doesn't even know how to begin on the whole 'not in control' thing. It's not a comforting thought. "Oh! And I'm Hamia. Obviously. Lindsey out on town." Or anywhere else, in any part of her life before she Awakened. But she's among friends. This is what she's convinced herself. If she were ever to suspect an outside willworker on their tails, she just wouldn't share her name. Still... she knows its dangerous.

"I'm with you on reinforcements, though. I had a friend here, for a while, that was as close to reinforcements as I could get. Not an Arrow, though. But I feel like she would have made a good one. Of course... you are pretty much the reinforcements now."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

A
    Alastor

"With the war here in general, but. Yeah." Another sip. It burned less this time. He was pretty sure his pupils were dilating from sudden stimulation? Or perhaps not. "That must have been a real bitch, being here alone. Training properly is hard without others. Tough to do proper live fire exercises or whatever without backup," he mused. "Well, we'll have to file a report up the chain, see if the Order has anybody for us. But for now, we'll just have to kick ass and take names on our own."

The older Mastigos grinned behind his cup.

"Where'd your friend go?"

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

*Knock knock*

Weavebreaker made the gesture, so there wouldn't be any sudden surprises. She gave it a second or two, for a brain to process, and then she walked in. It was in her hopes, that surprise would be dispelled and there would be no spells and counter-spells flying about.

The Arrow of the Golden Watchtower, was dressed plainly in a white tee, jeans, and carried a small leather satchel. Her platinum blond hair was, short, not long enough to reach her shoulders. She gave a nod of her head to both, followed with, "Greetings."

Ever since she had been back, she had such a strange sensation. It was like she was living in the twilight zone. The city itself, had seen very little change, but she had yet run into a familiar face. It was like some strange alternate reality that left her constantly wondering wtf.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

8. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Strange to hear someone refer to a state of existence as 'war'. Strange mostly because it'd been months since she had any correspondence with the Order. It's comforting. Part of what drew her to the Order is how much sense everything makes when you break it down into a conflict. Then she gets to play to part of finding a resolution. It's hard for her not to trust Alastor, even though a lack of trust is usually her first response. She finds herself smiling behind her coffee cup. Especially at the 'kick ass' comment.

"It has been rough."
    she agrees. "When I first arrived... the group was much smaller. It felt strange to even think of myself as an Arrow. I was just Hamia, for a while. I just wanted to fit in."

Hamia averts her gaze. Brown hair falls over the side of her face and she absently tucks it behind her ear. "She went off on her own personal crusade. I'm a little pissed about it, but she made me... promise. To let her handle it on her own." She turns her head back to face the other Arrow. "She and I arrived around the same time. She was kinda like my lifeline. And... I guess I understood her well enough to know there are things people aren't ready to share." Or maybe Lacuna just cared enough not to want Hamia to get entangled. Or killed.

The Enchantress draws in a deep breath and prepares to let it out in a sigh, when the sound of knocking grabs her attention.

In steps a blonde who Hamia doesn't recognize. God, what is with this city? It's a fucking magnet for the Awakened. Which might not be the greatest revelation. With this many souls being drawn from far and away to the same place... some unseen threat must be lurking. Fate would have it that way.

"Hi. You are?"
    ​she asks. Not rudely as much as curiously.

A
    Alastor

"I'm sorry about that," the Mastigos said sincerely. "Hopefully she makes her way back soon, alive and well, with a good story to tell. In the meantime... well, we're here, and we've got work to do, right?"

He sips the coffee, lets the steam float. Lets the quiet moment go, until Hamia's ready to continue. There was no reason to push.

And then the blonde showed.

"Hey," he said, giving her a chinjut, like 'sup'. Hamia's question sufficed for the both of them.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"I am Weavebreaker. Arrow from the Watchtower of the Golden Key, returning to Sacramento." She gave a nod to the both of them. "I have bounced back between here and Savannah for years."

She bit her lip for a moment. "I hope I am not intruding in the middle of something."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread