(Hedge Cartel) Calling Card

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    P
    Penance

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-22 02:26:17 Penance rolls 3 to Identify Goblin Fruit (Int + Occ) (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 4 1 success

The man proceeded to produce what Penance was 90% certain was Goblin Fruit. Sure, it looked like a dried orange, but then again oranges weren't known for their psychedelic properties. And... the logo itself also struck her as peculiar. Wasn't there a bit of graffiti that looked suspiciously like that here near Wonderland? Graffiti that specifically seemed Glamour-laced? How in the world did this normie get a hold of this stuff. ...Or was he even a normie to begin with?

"That is a *weird* logo for your goods. And weird goods, laoshí shuō. Is that like a name of a brand?"

Penance whipped out her own phone and opened it so it would shine some light before pointing it at the fellow, the background showing what must be a seaside oriental town taken from on the water. More important to her was what the light shed from her screen revealed about the stranger. Specifically she wanted to see if she couldn't get a glimpse of his shadow.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-22 03:02:20 Penance rolls 4 to That shadow looks Wyrd (Wits + Com) (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 2 failure

"Alright, sure. Sure. We can 'discuss'." he says, giving Lucifer a shark-toothed grin.

Turning his attention to Nana, he merely shakes the product-holding hand a little and says "I'd be offended if you didn't." The fruit - such as it seems to be - looks abnormal from a strictly scientific point of view. The membrane that surrounds each section seems a bit too tough and leathery to come from any natural plant. There also seems to be a faint smell of rotting flesh masked by a stale citrus. Undoubtedly, this is a goblin fruit. Similar to a certain aptly named 'flesh fruit, but also different; those oddities are consumed fresh, while these (obviously) have been dried.

"Event, huh?" he adds, with the appropriate level of interest for a salesman. "You'll really turn heads with this. You've got my personal guarantee."

He then turns to the Italian/Summer Queen. "Jesus. Listen, my sweet Italian bird, I'm sure your friend here meant well. Mistakes happen." He shoots a wink in Lucifer's direction. With an accompanying greasy smile. Then, to Circe again "And you're not gonna find this at no flea market. Trust me." It might just be his practiced sales-pitch, but he comes off sounding entirely sincere.

"No brand as far as I know. Don't think the boss has come up with a name for it. But yeah: the logo is getting big. If you ask me? Boss shoulda been caught already, puttin that label up on billboards. But, then, even some cops are sampling the wares, if you know what I mean."

Penance's observation reveals that it is undeniably a goblin fruit. But the kind it resembles is only known to be a source for Glamour... not a mind-blowing psychedelic trip inducing street drug. Something isn't normal about this fruit.

Finally returning to Lucifer, still wearing a hungry grin, the man says "So you want to see the boss? Sure. But any savvy customer would try the product first. What're you all waiting for? These are on the house."

3. Likes Origins, Cayce liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Why don't I give you my number," Lucifer replied to the dealer, smiling winsomely. "That way, you can speak to your associate and we can set up a meeting. And, in the meantime, I think you're right. There's never not a time to party, and we are at an amusement park, after all."

Lucifer took one of the samples, amazed that she was able to hide the tremors threatening to overcome her, amazed that, somehow, she had not broken out into a cold sweat at the thought of what she was about to do. He clearly expected one of them to try it. Likely more, but he couldn't complain if at least one of them tried it. And if she did...then the others wouldn't have to.

"I know you said these were free, but we were so rude to you earlier," Lucifer continued, grabbing a crisp hundred dollar bill and passing it to the man. "Hopefully this will show that we're sincerely sorry."

And to prove, of course, that they had the one thing he truly cared about. CASH.

That done, Lucifer shot Circe a look, then opened the baggy, took the fruit, and popped it into her mouth, beginning to chew.

Hopefully, Nana really did know her stuff...

8 successes to hide emotions and play up drug user!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-22 15:17:02 Lucifer rolls 10 to everything's greeeaaat (manip3+subter2+SL2+DV1+glamour2) (9 Again) 8, 3, 10, 8, 5, 9, 9, 9, 2, 6, 2, 10, 1, 9, 1, 1 8 successes

Lucifer hiding her feels, giving the guy a 100 dollar tip (and her number), and taking the drug!
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

5. Likes , Travisc06489, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe is familiar enough with the goblin fruit in question that she is tempted to just taze the dealer, drag him off, then breakout the Jack Bauer unburdening tool kit. She'd rather not try it again, especially not while a weapon was in her hand. Unfortunately telling the others this was a little difficult with the man being right there.

And the fact that none of the other females of the Freehold present spoke Italian. "Ragazzo, questo dipende dal mercato," was her amused reply to the false claim that she couldn't find the fruit at a market. Lucifer look got a saintly smile, "Just remember, don't drink and fly, cause sometimes the beer mixin' in can give ya indigestion," Circe steps away to join Penance.

A blue lady whispers to a redy lady, "Seen those before. We'll all need ta talk later."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    N
    Nana

Her head tilted back and forth as she examined the bizarre peel while the others chatted. At the very least, if it was being sold as a psychoactive then it was entirely different from her own technique of using fruits as a curative. She’d have to do some further tests to really understand what it did. Now where might I get a guinea pig to – Oh. Her own jaw clenched as she watched Lucifer, impeccably calm, go ahead and volunteer herself.

It wasn’t an insane play by any means and their Fae metabolism was equipped to handle these things. Still, she hadn’t brought a stomach pump or anything. “Perhaps later. One of us needs to drive.” She offered as excuse for why she simply opened her bag to drop the baggie inside. “Though, why wait to set up a meeting? If I could see a little of your operation, I might have some suggestions on how to streamline things. There might be a way we could stretch the output without diluting its potency. Even a little added profit can add up for everyone.”

“Why don’t you take us to your supplier?” They had the Summer Queen and an Ogress here. She couldn’t think of a much better circumstance for getting to the bottom of this little operation, or at least a link in its chain. “Have a chat and make sure we’re all on the same page, hm?”

P
    Penance

The Ogre nods to Circe's words. It's good to hear somebody knows more about what's going on here than she does because by her reckoning, that little piece of goblin fruit didn't even do anything for you if you weren't already a Ling. Selling it as psychedelic didn't make much since to her.

It was kind of a shame Lucifer took the bullet before she could, because she totally would've taken it if Lucifer hadn't beat her to it. Which was unfortunate, because she felt a little more expendable than the Autumn Fairest. Everything now seemed geared towards negotiations and whatever else you might say of the capricorn-eyed woman, she could talk the talk it seems. Besides... she wasn't above going on a trip.

"Having cops on your sell list does sound full of- err, useful, yes."

The man shamelessly pockets Lucifer's bill, smiling as though he's done her a service by taking it. "Apology accepted. I'll make sure to give the boss your number, too.

The drug that isn't a drug takes very little time to affect Lucifer's system. Her pupils draw to pinpoints as a pleasurable rush of power creeps up her spine. It it Fear: incarnate. But she is its master. The possibilities and applications swim across her imagination...

Even as the psychosis takes root. The hooded man's grin only widens.

Lucifer gains the benefit of an additional dot of Wyrd for the duration of the scene. In addition, Cayce must select a minor derangement of her choosing to reflect the mind-twisting nature of the fruit. This, also, lasts until the end of the scene.

As may have been expected, the man only glimpses in Circe's direction with a curious look when she pipes off in Italian. And Penance earns a shrug. "People want what they want. At the end of the day, it don't matter what uniform you wear."

It's only when Nana expounds her suggestion that the man's sharkish grin shrinks down. He shakes his head lightly. "There's protocols to follow. I'm glad you're all enthusiastic about the product and whatnot... but snorting coke doesn't earn you a ticket to meet the cartel. I can't just waltz up to the big brass with four random customers in tow. You understand..." He doesn't seem the least bit put off, despite his reservations.

ST hint: whip out them persuasion dice and turn a crazy demand into a sensible offer! Discuss among yourselves who the main negotiator will be, the rest can add cooperative rolls. One single roll (around an hour) can be devoted for this purpose, to be contested by the dealer.

11. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Lucifer gains...IRRATIONALITY. Sorry PiggySaysWhat ! It's the drugs talking :P

The fruit slid down her throat, feeling like a pulpy mass of leather, and for a moment she thought she'd gag. But, then, something else began to hit her. Her adrenal glans opened. She could practically feel them pumping that insidious nectar into her veins, even as beauty deepened, her features becoming more exaggerated, and yet, somehow, all the more alluring for it. Yet, even amidst the sudden rush of Power, that injection of pure, undiluted fear, the sound of another voice began to penetrate, to needle her, tugging at her attention like fishhooks beneath the skin.

The pupils in her Capricorn eyes had narrowed to barely visible slits, yet the expression she turned on her fellow Courtier was full of pure venom.

"Why don't you shut your mouth, you waste of flesh!" Lucifer snarled, whirling on Nana. "Why don't you go stick that gigantic nose of yours up someone else's ass for a change! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M HANDLING THIS?"

Her volume rose and fell wildly, the pure vitriol in her voice dripping like acid from a blade.

"You stupid, insignificant, ugly little insect! Is ruining everything the only thing you know how to do? Is that the only way you feel like your pitiful fucking life has any meaning?"

The Shadowed Beauty advanced on Nana, jabbing a finger in her face and screaming at the blameless Lost.

"YOU'RE THE REASON WHY WOLFGANG LEFT! IF YOU'D JUST LEARNED TO KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT MAYBE YOU WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE PEOPLE THAT CARED ABOUT YOU!"
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

13. Likes Travisc06489, Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's mouth opens to talk but Lucifer suddenly goes a little crazy. To those that can see how blue she is, the Fairest's left ear raised along with her eyebrow as her mouth clicks shut. Circe snorts, "Oooookay then. Somebody do the negotiations while I make sure Lucy don't try to strangle us," and then walks straight up to the dealer and places herself between Lucifer and the weasely man.

Looking down at him she asks, "So, is that a normal reaction? This is a shit product demo if it ain't stage one. I mean it's kinda funny true, but bad selling point ta hit he paranoia that fast. Glad she ain't the one with a gun, am I right? How long is it gonna last? Cause if she causes trouble then ya are gonna owe us." She then turns to Lucifer with an amused look on her face.

Unhelpful Elf
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-28 20:14:22 Circe rolls 4 to Persuation Assistance (10 Again) 5, 3, 3, 5 failure

"Nice reaction girl. But I am supposed ta be the complete utter bitch around here, not you,"
    Circe puts at herself and then Lucifer for emphasis, "Calm yer own tongue or I might hafta calm it myself," Circe snarks to her irrational fellow Fairest. After a pause, "Thaaat might have come out wrong," then she steps closer to Lucifer. A sultry look has taken over her face as she leans in, "Unless ya think it came out right hot stuff?" Because flirting threw people off and Circe wasn't picky.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

15. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    N
    Nana

Nana wasn’t surprised that the dealer was cagey, it had been a shot in the dark anyway. “Of course, we can certainly make it worth the –” Her words drowned out as Lucifer turned on her.

The onslaught of cruel invectives left Nana stunned for only a moment. Then the rage came slithering from its poorly built cage inside of her. Her pale face and neck flushed, the muscles of her jaw clenching before she spat back. “Quiet that loose tongue of yours! What are you handling then? All I see is a drug addled mess making a sloppy fool of herself. But if you so wish to be ruined, you prissy child, I will gladly.”

A part of her had been waiting for the accused Loyalist to break and bare those fangs again – drug induced or not. While Circe attempted to salvage the situation, Nana had lost it to her rage. Her eyes narrowed, the bitterest of gazes forming in the dark pools of her eyes, needing no blade or fist. She could tell herself this was to humble the crazed woman, that in this state she was a risk to everyone. But her own Leechfinger kith had been earned far more than inflicted. She wanted to see the Fairest turned withered husk for this unsightly slander.

Oh, it's awwn! Initiative 10 (5 roll + 5 mod)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 00:46:15 Nana rolls 1 die for initiative 5

So, am calling for initiative because Nana is a spiteful Wizened and is positioning for a Withering Gaze as a result. Cleared with Cayce and informed Travisc who was right to remind it might be a bit of a surprise. Sorry Origins and AwakeOrangutang for any derailment, though all up to you for whatever reaction it brings! It’s the Wrath talking xP

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread