Nightfall waited until Justin's last class was over, and Glissade was empty. He had cleared his final classes so that there would be some privacy.

"Hey, Justin," he said, waving. "You got a sec? Maybe you can help me?"

Did he sound nervous?

Justin looks up as Mr. Fields approaches. "Whats crackin boss-man?"

"Hey, do you know anyone that can make... ummmm, fake IDs? Like, really good ones?" Nightfall just spit it out. Justin had been up front about his history, he might as well return that courtesy. No need to bullshit.

As Justin was packing up, he heard and did a quick double-take on Fields. Well, that explains the nervousness.

"Pardon me for saying so, Mr. Fields, but i think you pass for over twenty-one."

"I'm kind of like an illegal alien," Nightfall said. The wry smile let Justin know that he was serious.

"I didn't realize that trying to pick up biz with training cops meant a background check," he admitted.

Yep, he's serious.

Seriously stupid.

Justin looks at his boss for a minute, a bit of a stupid expression on his face. Serious, jaw-dropping, stupidity. "...Youre not the one that does payroll, right?"

Justin is about to tell Niel that no, he knows basically noone to get him a substantial ID to pass a cops background check....then remembers his new packmate. "Yeah, i know a guy. I dont know how much he can do for you...but let me get to talking with him and see what he can do, alright bossman?"

"Well, yeah, dude," Neil replied. "I mean, I sign the checks. Belle Quintain left, she left me the place, and I use her checking accounts..."

Neil had the expression of someone who's realized he's been doing something seriously stupid for a long, long time.

"Cool, man, I'd appreciate that," he finally said.

"Definately. Gimme a few days...how long do you have before the cops start?"

"Oh... whenever. I'm supposed to let Captain Wallace down at the precinct house know when my books are in order," Neil replied.

At least there's one bright spot.