Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    P
    Peter Wright

Large conversations held the possibility of sensory overload. Little by little Peter was struggling to keep up with all the competing voices. He spent his time focused on isolating those who were talking to him. "Unfair fight eh? Guess I won't be challenging you any time soon. Though I will come to you if I'm ever in need of making a fight less fair." Not that Peter would have challenged her if she'd said she took part in fair fights. Of course Peter did not comment on Circe's mention of alcohol, only smiled. Alcohol had the potential to turn truth into lies and lies into truth. It was something he did not abide.

He then turned to Quick, "I'll certainly keep you in mind when it comes to fights too. I tend to do more with the talking before and after a fight if I'm being honest."

At Blink's mention Peter had to think. He was still too new. He wasn't ready to jump all in on a Freehold Hollow, but he wasn't completely against the idea.

Smiling to Rhodes he said, "sounds good to me. My schedule's kind of the reverse. Totally free at the moment, so whenever you're available let me know."

Looking to Sera he said, "I think I could enjoy a club, maybe a coffee shop. Not sure of the last time I'd been to a gym though. I think my muscles may try to run away if I went now," he said with a chuckle.

To Nana he said, "yeah I imagine most people aren't helpful when they're dead. Definitely better alive." As she mentioned her interests Peter said, "a talent show could be a lot of fun too. I've been interested in that, maybe even a comedy show."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The round of support from the others is - of course - appreciated. And appropriate. Especially after taking down that cannibal asshole in the Hedge. It's not like he lacks the confidence in his abilities... he just wishes he had a broader spectrum to pull from.

John's antics seem completely off base. Sure, Quick hasn't spent a whole lot of time with the guy... but he'd always figured him for the stuffy, serious type. Even more curious is why he keeps going back to his phone.

"The Commons thing... we sort of tried before. Thought of using some old tunnels for a hidden entrance. Just a bunch of nonsense on the other side, though."
    He gives Circe and Sera a knowing look. He hasn't even thought about the place since, but the vines have probably swallowed up everything around that old Gate. Still, there are other places to build a Hollow. He shrugs. "If we're serious about it this time, I'll pitch in. Can't let you guys have all the fun."

Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"I can hardly give everything away for free, can I?" Rhodes chuckles at Circe. "I must say I never imagined you with a voyeuristic streak, Queen Circe." His grin remains.

The Fairest watches Blink as she proposes Motley-joining, and responds thoughtfully. "Motleys might still be a little soon for me, but I've certainly started to learn more about those I share the Freehold with. I have discovered I have common interests with several people and I have met a few others," He gestures to Peter and Sera. Very interesting and alluring others. "Perhaps in time, a Motley could be both engaging and beneficial, although I would like to know people a little better before I do." He shrugs. "It's nothing personal. I am, as many of us, slow to trust by nature, as a result of our experiences."

Rhodes listens to Nana describe her interests. "Fascinating. Talent should always be appreciated. Do you have some preferred composers? Artists?"

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I ain't that simple Rhodes, I am," she raises her free hand with the index finger pointed in the air, "ALSO an exhibitionist!" Circe chuckles darkly at Nana's talk about her patients trying her patience, "Well when the stupid ones try ta grab yer ass, ya kick their's," Circe laughed "But great ta know that we got a doctor in town that ain't gonna ask fer insurance. Uh, ya don't right?" Circe laughed at Peter's words. She laughed really hard, "Peter that is brilliant! A talent show. And if its a bad talent show it'd double as a comedy."

The elf gave a exaggerated sigh of relief, "Oh good ta her Blink. I didn't pack the portable weed whacker or pool table fer the Hollow makin'," then grimaced as Quick mentioned the problems in the tunnels, "We might wanna clear them tunnel side out completely too. Ta be safe/ Maybe molotovs?"

Then things got serious. "Too true Rhodes, too true. Trust is earned and earnin' it takes time. Yer mostly new ta town so ya don't know what is goin' down. So the idea of a motley might make ya frown. But," she lets got of the horse and shrugs with both arms raised, "ya can just wait. We can make motleys at a later date." Circe has to bend over backwards to keep her eye on everyone.

This makes her have to catch the pole again after a moment. "Ya know Blink? Carousel was a cool idea but it gets a lil' inconvenient if not everybody is ridin' it." Circe mockingly makes a fist with her free hand and shakes it at everyone who isn't on the carousel, "Ya durned kids, get on our carousel!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

J
    John Doe

Nana 's fearsome finger flayers were right intimidating. "Like Circe said, cut 'em up."

John laughed Rhodes ' comment about Circe being a voyeur and she asserting she was an exhibitionist. Salacious fantasies of Circe teased his mind and body. He cast his vision elsewhere, lest he inadvertently say something aloud.

"A common Hollow sounds worthwhile. It could be both a good security measure and a lot of fun."

B
    Barnabas

Whatever Sacramento was before it became Sacramento is lost. Barnabas could swear he'd been here before, two lifetimes ago, but this Funderland was something he'd definitely remember. If only to forget it.

Some ghost of a memory had pulled him here to explore and what he found was a collection of fae playing on and speaking around horses spun from wood and paint. The Beast examined each in turn and took in their various details with curiosity plain on his face. He wore a weather-beaten shirt and crisp green slacks. His feet were bear.

Then he smiled. His lips curled into a monstrous grin that displayed twin rows of fangs too big for his face. "Howdy! I'm Barnabas. What's all this about?"

B
    Blink

"Howdy, new guy named Barnabas." Blink said with a wave of her hand.

"Welcome to this lil shindig.""

With that, Blink's attention shifted back to the others. "I will see what I can whip up for a bit of exploration. I'll keep ya'll posted." Her eyes couldn't help but drift back to the new comer. Beyond the whole beastial visage, there was a hint of summer. Still her attention was only passing, as something else needed to be done. What else? Well maybe that was all.

"Do ya'll want to break into smaller groups?" Blink said to the assemble. "I'll take a dreamer..." She cocked her head as a finger pointed to a horse, further down on the circumference. "Over there."

With that she hopped down and made her way over to a horse. She figured if people started breaking up into smaller groups, they would be able to share some of these common interests a bit more. She paused for a moment.

"Barnabus!" Blink said as she turned to the new guy. "Name a interest...like Hedge-stuff...Fighting...On-ro-mancy, blah blah blah...You get the idea. Name it and someone with that same interest will pull ya."

With that, Blink turned back around and made her way down to a horse further down. It never occurred to her it would be very awkward if no one bothered coming down to join her.

Continued here.

N
    Nana

With Peter's mention of comedy, one of her already stretched eyebrows twitched up. "Oh? That would be something. Are you funny then?" She didn't mean it as quite so demanding a question, but she had a habit of being invasive.

"I've been a bit out of the loop, admittedly."
    She responded to Rhodes. "Nina Simone's work has always struck a chord though. Both as a classical pianist and her more modern work. I've also been trying to give Philip Glass a more fair shot since he's become something of a standard from what I understand."

She laughed between Circe and John's remarks and shook her head at the idea of insurance. "No, cash only currently. Or something more precious, but that's case by case."

As Barnabas approached her eyes swarmed over him. What pretty teeth he has -- "Barnabas, welcome. Call me Nana. Glad that you found your way." Her thin lips pulling back in a grin.

She certainly understood the hesitation to bind into an official Motley, though she'd rather have assurance of alliance from a few than continued question of all herself. "Yes, it would probably be best to make any real bond once an outing is set. Time is usually the best builder of those bonds anyway, I suppose. I'd be very interested to speak more about the Hedge here."

She then considered Circe's call to join them on the carousel proper. She hesitated, the thought of her world spinning beneath her feet brought a fragile fear up in her. It was then followed by a rush of anger at herself. When had she lost the ability to have even a little fun? She walked to the carousel's edge and waited for a pole to come by, gripping it and letting it pull her onboard amid her raspy laughter, heels clicking on the wood as she found her footing.

Breaking a group here too

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Yes, the Princess Leia bikini didn't exactly scream 'subtlety' for someone who only watches," Rhones says, grinning. "Or maybe that was behind the door, Queen Circe? You may never know..."

The fairest eyes the new arrival as he introduces himself, and looks a little puzzled at Blink. "I...think she means Oneiromancy. Dream-weaving." The Fairest says lightly so as not to cause Blink offence, offering a hand to the toothy man as the chill wind of the Autumn's Mantle creates tiny whisps of mist where it crosses Baranbas' heat-filled one. "Rhodes, of the Autumn Court. This little gathering is for some of us newer members to meet others in the Freehold. There's been quite an influx recently."

He nods along as Nana describes some of her preferred artists. "Nana, I truly believe Nina Simone will never go out of style. Glass I don't get along with, I must admit. I am more a fan of classical strings when it comes to orchestral performance. It is the performer, ultimately, that I enjoy." It takes all Rhodes' self-will so avoid looking towards Sera as he says it. "Though I would also love to talk about the Hedge, one cannot be everywhere..." He shrugs, smiling, and heads off after Blink up on the carousel.

Rhodes heads off over here!
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another noob showed up, this one named Banana? Oh no, Barnabas. "How dee indeed," Circe sounded like an Italian pretending to be a Texan from those really bad movies. Crimson eyes roved over the Beastily boy that had shown up. Barnabas should consider his good fortune that he wasn't a True Friend or she might have cooed over him. "Weeell this here shin dig is a good ol' fashion, fanculo I ain't keepin' that up. Ya arrived just in time for a meet and greet, courtesy of a rather extroverted Court no less."

Circe dropped the bad Texan accent as she smiled at Barnabas, "Can ya guess which Court I'm in charge of? And since I ain't takin' part in the dreamy talks," she twists on the plastic horse to wave at Blink and company, "Have fun with that!" then twists back to Barnabas, "I'll be yer guide to our wedge of this wondrously Wyrd world. I am Circe. Sup?" she gives the man a small wrist wave with her free hand.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.