Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Surprise

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani moves to her car, hoping the Ventrue finds his way to his Priscus. She gets in, turns her phone off, and drives straight to Avalon.

When she arrives, she enters the club and ignoring the potrons, makes her way directly to Asa's office. She raps quietly on the door, just then thinking about whether or not she could be interrupting something.

Well tough. This is important. Whatever tramp he might have in there can wait.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa opened the door, smiling as he saw who his visitor was. He leaned forward for a quick kiss rather than a greeting, stepping aside to let Ishani in.

Since moving back into Avalon, he had redecorated. Dark woods covered the walls, and the office was dominated by a burgundy semi-circular couch framing an oversized round ottoman. On the opposite wall was a large flat television, and in the back, a large mahogany desk with a leather-covered top. Bookshelves framed the desk area, and the room was indirectly lit from a tray ceiling. Further inspection showed the television hung on a false wall, concealing a switchback that led to a newly installed full bath and closet. One part of the false wall was done in small blocks of privacy glass, which served as one of the shower's walls.

On the desk was a laptop and notepad, filled with dates and notes in Asa's neat handwriting.

"Can I hope this is... what is that euphemism of the Kine...," Asa searched his memory as he showed the Harpy to the couch, "...a booty call, as I believe it's called?"

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani smiles briefly, unable to keep the humor from her face. But then her face becomes serious again and Asa can see a hint of fear in her eyes. She hands him the jewelry case after he sits next to her.

"We have a problem."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa took the case with a sense of dread. Without preamble he, opened it, looking at the bracelet and reading the card. He didn't bother to Touch either, knowing that Ishani would have already -- and probably had as much success as he'd had with the watch.

His jaw muscles clenched as he felt rage, and nausea roll over him like long-forgotten ocean waves. The Beast screamed and tore at the confines of his will huntkilldestroy, and he took a few moments to compose himself. His gift, had been easier to handle, despite the audacity. He understood, had felt, the hand of Gabriel Marcus.

If you dare to touch her...

Asa was tempted, to use his mask, his perfect mask, but he did not -- as he promised he would never do. Instead, he simply reached inside and let his face reflect his determination and confidence as any other would do, before looking up.

He spoke with the same qualities in his voice, not wanting the Harpy to see the anger, fear, or doubt he also felt, to reassure her. "I received something similar, a short time ago. I've already set the Carthian Prefect, Arnoud Giessen, to finding this individual. As distasteful as it sounds, I was also considering wearing the watch I was sent to Court, so that I could watch to see who's eyes it attracted. While I do not take this lightly, we have both aged quite well --growing in power and knowledge-- since the Bloodhunt."

He looked at Ishani, waiting for a response. Waiting, and hoping. Hoping that his confidence and her anger that he had kept this from her would burn away her fear.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani shakes her head, not able to hide the distaste of even the thought of wearing the jewelry, but it did make sense. "We saw him die, Asa. It has to be someone else who was there, or maybe another of his kind perhaps? I don't know anything about what the Kalisti are or what they do. All I know is Gabriel was a disgrace to all kindred and he got what he deserved."

She leans back into the couch, considering their options. "Who else was there that is still with us? During the hunt and the fight I mean. What if this starts to go down the line? Is it a direct threat to us or the entire city? We're the ones in power now. If this person wants revenge on us all they have to do is hurt any of the kindred here. This could get messy."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa listened, relieved that they had skipped the yelling and moved on to the problem at hand.

"Only O-Yama," he replied. "Marius and Elle met their Final Deaths in the Lost Nights." At least, he thought they had. Despite what some may have thought, he had no idea where Elle's Haven was.

"I agree that this must be a Childe, or lover, or even a friend... as unlikely as that might be for a Kallisti. Or simple retaliation for my Law. Attacking a random Kindred seems too... impersonal... for this person," he mused.

Although that would be nice, and preferable.

He motioned to the desk. "I visited the library recently, to go through old periodicals. Looking at the sacrifices Marcus committed, and detailing each. I was going to pass my observations along to Mr. Giessen in case this person has the same predilections."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani looks up at the TV and frowns. "Have you tried going through the News on demand on that thing? I think it goes as far back as a few months for those who like to watch the horror over and over again. Might save you some time. What makes you think Arnoud is going to be able to find anything?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmmm, OK," Asa replied. He still hadn't figured out everything the TV and service could do; he knew how to turn on ESPN and NFL Ticket. He would need to remember to tell Olivette to learn how, so she could navigate the technological wonder for him.

"Arnoud? He's smart, and careful. He's also quite a fearful paranoid with no ties or affection to anyone -- something that might uniquely suit him to stalk a Kallisti," Asa answered, looking to see what Ishani thought of his idea.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani shrugs. "Well Lenny, you know him better then I do so I'll have to take your word for it." The amusement in her voice is thick.

She becomes serious again. "I just got this the other night and wanted to bring it to you as soon as possible. When I touched it, I only got images of a woman putting the warpped box into the mailed box. So, this must have been purchased from a store or something. I don't know if the sender ever even touched the item. Show me what you got."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa stood and went to his desk. A few moments later, he returned with a gold Rolex. "I saw similar visions when I looked," he offered, sitting down. He held out the watch in case she wanted to try, although he doubted it.

We're strong enough, together.

"Can you think of anything else that can be done?" he asked.

A shame we don't know where O-Yama's haven is, it would be interesting to see if he received anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread