Ended
Watch

Autumnal Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    N
    Nana

Nana curled her fingers back up as Lucifer took her exit. She certainly couldn’t hold the reaction against the dramatic Fairest, no matter who had made that particular bed, when smothering was something Nana had been guilty of more than once. Wolfgang’s veiled threat wasn’t anything she took to heart, at least anymore than she did on a daily basis with the kind of clients she kept. All that left was Rhodes.

“Do as you please, Rhodes. My offer was to see if she would take some sort of responsibility for this. If you still wish to do that for her and provide the clemency that I would expect of a Sovereign as standard, that’s none of my business.” She picked up one of Lucifer’s production pamphlets still splayed out on the table and folded it to fit easier into her hand. She made her way to where Rhodes stood and looked up to him with the stern gaze returning. “I won’t be an enemy for your hopes to the crown, not exactly anyway. I will still be testing your conviction. This is a great honor and not one that I want to see bestowed simply because you were in a race of one or because someone thought it was theirs to bargain away before even being given.”

She sighed as she looked to the stained table and took stock of the close to empty room’s dimensions before turning back to him. “We will still need to consider our presentation for the upcoming Coronation. I trust that won’t be any trouble for you and that my input would only be out of depth. Still, let me know if you require assistance or simply an ear to bounce ideas off of. I will be crafting a – presentation of sorts. Something to display what Autumn is capable of and what it symbolizes to me, at any rate. If you would, please consider this my challenge and meet me before the Freehold with your own best when the time comes. In the meantime, be in touch if need be,” and she passes on her contact information to him. Once concluding the final business there, she set out to make the dimly-lit walk back to her van -- testing the breaks a few times extra before leaving the lot.

Nana will also be heading out unless wanting anything big to back and forth about before wrap. Similar thanks for the drama-filled fun!

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes is indifferent to Wolfgang leaving - it barely registers.

Lucifer's reaction is even more melodramatic that he had imagined. "No. You merely challenged a Queen over her adherence to a Pledge, and declared yourself a mistress of great and powerful magics. And for some reason, among us that escape and live in fear, there was suspicion!" He watches her, disappointed that her rationale has returned to pride so soon. "I will provide a Pledge of Fame. I said I would address the fear against you, protect you, and I stand by that. Refine your Pledge, and I will do the same."

As she storms out, he turns to Nana, listening to her closing comments. "Nana. Whoever take the crown, they should be challenged, not settle into apathy. I welcome your tests to my mettle. I had hoped Lucifer would also take the challenge as such - evidence of fortitude." He sighs, takes the number, and quickly jots down his own in return. "A presentation? I look forward to it. I understand your concerns over worth, so remember - I will not back down. Thank you for your candor and offer of help for the Coronation. I will be in touch soon." He offers a hand in parting.

The Fairest watches as she leaves. He stands alone in the room, and walks up the table, running a hand along the seasoned oak. Taking a knife, he spears a piece of cheese, and takes a small bite.

What a collection. One imbecile that does not listen and is willing to ignore a potential Loyalist. One beauty blinded by pride and arrogance... And more than a little fear. One rational mind that would not see an unproven agent rise to the position of Dread Lord. At least that is comprehensible.

Rhodes surveys the empty room, picks up one of the other untouched wine glasses, and drops unceremoniously into the Throne at the head of the table. Slowly, a grin spreads across his lips. He toasts the empty room.

Thanks for the scene everyone! It was super-intense but a lot of fun.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread