Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

(Relying on Steel Horses)Status 1 Spent
    PRE

The sound of a steel horse choking to death echoed across the desert highway, it's metal throat clogged with buckled metal, choking black smoke, and steaming fluids. It gave its last whiny as it rolled to a pitiful stop along the side of the road, it's tires barely clearing the strip of bone white paint upon the blacktop.

The car door opened amidst a chorus of chirps from the car and a simple black kitten heel stepped out onto the burning highway. It's twin soon followed an a woman in a fashionable pencil skirt and blazer emerged from the car, her necklaces sparking in the summer sun.

"Well shoot," she loudly exclaimed, stalking around the dying, 2003 Honda Civic to stare ineffectually at the damage inspect the steel beast. A vein began to throb on her temple, and her nostrils flared, and for a moment it seemed as though the car wasn't the only thing to blow a gasket, but then the woman placed a hand on her diaphram and began to count deeply.

In. For 8.

Out. 16.

In. 8.

Out. 16.

"Okay!" she chirped a moment later, slipping out of her blazer and tossing it onto the driver's seat. "Clearly, this was your time to die, Beatrice. I fed and watered you, but it just wasn't enough, was it? You wanted to leave, too. Well, you're going to get your wish. But not today! I'll have a mechanic see about you!"

A moment later a pitiful looking flip phone appeared and her insurance was dialed, the promise of a tow truck on the way. Now all that was left to do was move the car. Slipping off the kitten heels, the woman tossed them back into the car, loosened the waist of her skirt, and then her form began to swell, muscle piling onto muscle until she looked like a strongwoman competitor, her canines long, the hair on her arms and legs thicker as she took the form of Dalu and began to push her car further off the road...
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.
    Elodoth Iminir, Honor 3, PU 3

2. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The tow truck pulls up, the Makerith Motors logo emblazoned on the side of the doors. Out of the door jumps a shortish punk girl with coveralls over her pants and the top tied around her waist, and an AC/DC t-shirt, flicks of blue hair appearing underneath a baseball cap. She swaggers out towards the car and waiting woman, chewing gum loudly.

As she approaches the car she gives the woman a wave. "Hey! I'm Emily! You call for.... a.... mechanic...?" She slows both her walk and her chewing, nostrils flaring. "Son of a bitch! You.... no...." Sensing the raw Primal Urge rolling off the well-manicured woman, the Ithaeur takes an involuntary step back and drops into a defensive stance. "Hey, uh, ummm. Look. You called a mechanic, I need to get paid since it's a hella long drive an' gas ain't free," she squirms slightly. "So. Uh. Spirits alive, please be one of the Forsaken! I've had a really long day and I really don't need a fight with some Pure asshole..." The mechanic groans.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

4. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

As the Marekith Motor's pup had said, it had been a hell of a long drive, so after pushing her ruin of a car further off the road, Queen had had plenty of time to shrink back into Hishu, fix her clothing, and slip back into her kitten heels. She thought she'd cut a very presentable figure of professionalism (the smoking wreck of a car aside), but clearly appearances weren't enough to put the pup at ease.

Fair enough, she supposed. When the moon rose, she was essentially dressed in sheep's clothing...

"Hello!" Valentina gushed, waving gaily to the clearly spooked mechanic. "I'm soooo glad that you were able to make it! I'm in quite the jam here, as I'm sure you can see." Pink nail polish flashed as she gestured to the ancient, heavily abused Civic.

"So, do you think you can help me out? You don't have anything to worry about. My insurance covers tows, and if I was one of the Pure, then Skolis-Ur would personally hunt me down," the chipper Uratha continued, giggling softly at what was to her quite a good joke before she paused to look Emily up and down.

"You know, paranoia and anxiety are usually caused by a preponderance of stress, as well as lack of proper oxygen. Perhaps you should lose the gum and focus on taking a few deep breaths. I'm Dr. Queen, by the way. Valentina Queen. I have a card here, somewhere..."

Seemingly without a care in the world, Valentina wandered back over to her car to retrieve her purse.
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

6. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Preponderance of stress? Lady, you have no idea...." Emily mutters, shaking her head. "The gum stays, and there's nothing wrong with my oxygen," she says a little defensively, sliding a tobacco pouch back into the pocked she just pulled it out of. "I don't tell you how to be a doctor, you don't tell me how to fix cars, alright?" There is a hint of a smile though and the Ithaeur seems to relax slightly. "Sorry. Just, uh, coming from this city, paranoid keeps you alive, an' I owe a lot to it."

"Just pop the hood while you're in there wouldja Doc? Great..." Emily lifts the hood and peers into the engine. "Huh. I'm guessing you had a lot of smoke earlier, right? Someone's really given this poor girl some hammer... Looks like one of your pistons has come loose, if not cracked entirely... I mean, I can fix it no problem - but you'll need a new one, and, well, it's taking most of your engine to bits. Better just to get you into town and find a place to stay, and you collect her tomorrow. I don't happen to carry around Honda Civic 2003 pistons for just this eventuality," she says, chuckling drily.

"C'mon Doc. grab what you need and jump in the cab. I'll load her up." A short while later the tow truck sets off towards Sacramento with Valentina's car.

"So, uh, what brings you our to Sacramento, Doc? Ain't 'xactly a beauty spot for People like us... in fact it's probably the furthest thing from." The Ithaeur drives steadily back down towards the city.

8. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

"Just so there's no miscommunication," Valentina explained with a smile, now that she was sitting next to Emily and the tow truck was eating miles of blacktop, "I wasn't telling you how to fix cars. I was telling you that you need to get more oxygen into your blood stream. When the brain is deprived of oxygen, even in minute amounts, it triggers a reaction in the amygdala and lymbic system, which triggers your adrenal glands. In other words, lack of oxygen tells your brain the body is in danger, and then your conscious mind invents reasons to explain this feeling of panic. As daughters of Luna, this effect is even more pronounced for us. So let me help you."

Without waiting for permission, Valentina reached over and placed her manicured hand right beneath the other woman's sternum and pressed gently on her diaphragm.

"Take some deep breaths. Most people only use about 20% of their lung capacity, you know, so I'll tell you if you need more oxygen. Now, to answer your question about why I came to Sacramento, that answer is easy. When my husband left, and took most of my assets with him, too, he also took my children. So I followed him. It doesn't matter how dangerous this city is. I'm going to be there."
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

10. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Woah!" Emily jumps and swerves slightly as Valentina reaches straight across to her. "Get the hell off me!" She bats the hand away firmly and regains control of the truck.

"Look, Doc, I don't know how folks do things where you come from but you don't just start poking and prodding me! Theres sucha thing as personal space, y'know? Jeez!" Emily squirms. "Doc or not, Uratha or not, I came here as a professional and didn't ask for an examination!"

She does, in fact, take a deep breath, though it has nothing to do with Valentina's suggestions. "Look, um. I might come off as tetchy but we really don't know each other. Yet, I guess, if you're staying here. Just, hands to yourself, okay? You're really not my type," the Ithaeur says, trying to add a note of levity to the end.

Keep her distracted. Keep the coversation going. Emily tries another deep breath. "So, if you're chasing your human life across here, what do you know about Our Sacramento? Or were you just hoping to fall right into place?"

12. Likes Travisc06489, Cayce, liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

Valentina didn't get angry as her hand was batted away, though she did turn in her seat so that she could stare at the pup across from her, head tilted quizzically to the side.

"You know, Mz. Emily, I believe that you and I are going to become like sisters one day, but in the meantime, I really think you should examine your dislike of authority. Of course, again, in the interest of avoiding miscommunication, which is what starts most fights, of course, I'm not claiming that I have authority over you. However, as a Psychiatrist, with the initials MD after my name, I nonetheless represent an authority figure.

"Now don't worry," Valentina added with a soft smile, "I don't mind that. In fact, I quite respect those with sensibilities of rebellion. I mean, look at your hair. I bet you're also fond of discordant music. Am I right? Black Flag? Misfits? Bikini Kill? Sleater Kinney? Or maybe it's something more like Mathcore, or even Black Metal? Well, there's a dominant theory that those who dislike authority and traditional social institutions appreciate polyrhythmic music with discordant structures and complex musical forms. Either way, I just want you to remember that I'm someone you can count on. Even if you decide not to introduce me to your Pack, I know that I can help you develop some strategies to better handle your stress."

That said, Valentina turned back to face the road, crossing her legs rather primly and gazing blithely out the window.
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

14. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm perfectly happy with my treatment or authority, thanks." Emily scowls, "And there's nothing wrong with my stress! I know just how to blow off steam!" Irritated, Emily lets her vision slip into the spirit, just to check. She casts a look at Valentina, one eye now glittering purple.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-27 07:02:39 Emily rolls 5 to 2-world eyes! Wits+Occult+Wisdom=5 (10 Again) 4, 3, 6, 8, 9 2 successes

Yep. Definatetly Honour brands... BIG honour brands.... course our Honour isn't the same as human honour... God, she's winding me up. Maybe I should call Echo and see if she's busy later.

The Ithaeur sighs. "Look, it's a long way back to town. I just don't want to be given a full psych evaluation five minutes after meeting you, okay? It's unnerving, is what it is, and your connection to the spirit is scary enough. If I want that kinda help, I'll come to you, okay? And I don't need help with stress."

Theres a few minutes of silence, before she says, "Punk more than metal. You sound like a fan, reeling off that many names. I have a big spread -70's and 80s rock - Dad influence, y'kno...what am I saying, of course you do - but I like pipes and classical for relaxing sometimes. And don't think I missed you dodging my quetion going all Doctor-y on me." There's the hint of a smile tugging on her lips.

16. Likes liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

"Yes, I do happen to know quite a lot about 'Dad influence'", Valentina giggled, thinking back to how many times patients had asked her about the Oedipal complex. As laughable as that particular idea actually was, there was a hint of truth. Childhood and parental relationships were all too fraught with importance, and now that Emily had revealed a hint of this, Valentina's urge was to continue chasing down this new trail, the parental tracks sooo fresh and tempting, but Val been asked not to continue this particular hunt, at least, for the present, and she had to respect that.

"Well, if you ever do want my help, it will come free and with no strings attached," she promised, turning to look at Emily once again, the Iminir's dark eyes keen, though a soft smile still hovered on her lips. "But, you're right, I did dodge your question. I might be a big bad wolf, with fancy credentials, but it's difficult to talk about those things which bring us pain. But I'm sorry for ignoring your question. As you've mentioned, we've just met and I agree that you have a right to know."

The Elodoth looked back out at the blacktop stretching out in front of them, fractions of miles being eaten by the truck's tires with every moment, and thought back to all the miles that stretched behind them, all the moments that they'd already left behind.

"I was told that coming to Sacramento was for the foolish, and for the insane. For countless moons, the Anshega claimed the city as their territory, but sometime in the last few years, they all disappeared, along with the few Forsaken too obsessed with Glory to leave. My old pack didn't want me to leave, but they also didn't understand why I had to. Like I told you before," Queen continued, turning her eyes back to the driver's seat, her gaze fierce, "my children are in Sacramento, and I will not abandon them. It doesn't matter what's happening in the city. It doesn't matter if I'm the only Urdaga for miles. But, it seems like that's not the case, hmm?

"So,"
    Valentina continued, her expression softening back into a smile, "why don't you tell me why you came here if the city is so dangerous."
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

18. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Don't. Please don't say that. You have no idea what it's like to be the only one." Emily's tone is cold. Shit.....

"Look, uh... sorry. But you're right. So, points for you, I guess." She shrugs. "This city is my home. I've always been here. You're right, the Pure claimed Sacramento. Screwed the Hisil pretty bad. Kinda disappeared. And... no. You're not the only one. Only doctor, I think." Unless someone is hiding something really well. "But not the only one. So I should warn you. It's a bloody wilds in the Hisil. Five years of neglect followed by one pack starting to hack it back. Rats, spiders... god only knows what else. And I get to be the only Crescent in the city. Yaaay me. So, here." She grabs a card from a pile on the dash and passes it to Valentina. "Getting settled is a bitch. As is trying to family and be one of us. So, if you could use the help, call me. I can try doing an introduction, or something. But, like, I hope you find your kids." She offers a smile.

20. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last