Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable raised an eyebrow at John. "Mr. Davis, if you would like I could take you into the chapel after the garden tour." She looked at the other, "Anyone who would like to check it out I am more than happy to oblige."

Mable gave a nod to Rebecca when she said Dr. and about the mushrooms. Then to Aaron, "Nope, I am neither in the business of or use drugs. But I do know a lot about nature and what we have around here. And I am more than willing to help my fellow 'club' members."

"So, do you want to go through the Pioneer section then over to the perennials?" She asked the group.

J
    John Davis

Davis joined the conversation by responding to Aaron's query, "Looking for any more nests? Mind you I only found the one. Been mapping the extent of the underground since that night and the other one at the junkyard. I originally was hoping to run into Miss Weiss. Merit to her family."

In response to Mable, "If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I'd love I say I'd love to see the inside of the Chapel. Thank you. And why the Pioneer section, I would practically love to see it. I wonder if Half Saddle Sam is still resting peacefully."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Well I wish you luck in your search," she said with a smile. She wished she could have offered more help, but she had not yet made connections in City Hall. But it was only a matter of time before the Mayor was in her pocket.

Davis' mention of nests did pique her interest, though she wasn't quite sure what he meant by it. Seemed like code of a kind she was not aware of. Further he confirmed an unnatural obsession with the underground. Once she had her City Hall connections she could just as easily get all the maps of the underground delivered to her Haven door. No reason to do the work herself, not that she cared for the underground anyway.

She could understand Aaron's question, but Rebecca had already deduced that Mable would not be the type interested in the hallucinogenic effects the mushrooms produced. "And I certainly appreciate the help," she said, smiling again. Images of future experiments and concoctions danced through her mind, helping hold her smile firm.

Half Saddle Sam? What a terrible nickname. The 'pioneer' times truly were full with terrible nicknames. "I wonder if you have many friends or allies buried in this cemetery Mr. Davis," she said with a perfectly friendly smile. Was there malice in her words? Not a trace could be seen or heard.

"That works for me, Ms. Wood. You mentioned flowering trees before. Do you happen to know what varieties the pioneer section holds?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron nods, 'I see, wonderful. A great field of expertise to have, the natural world.' He can only think of all the occult applications of nature. Herbs and such, the uses of different minerals. Mundane knowledge should not be overlooked of course.

'An interesting endeavor. I hope you don't find anymore nests like those, then.' From what he had understood, it was nothing like the Nests he usually looks for. Underground parties are not his thing. 'And, does she even live underground?'

Cynthia Weiss does not necessarily strike me as the type. Besides, there is no real necropolis possible with only one or two Haunts.

Back to the garden tour, 'I wonder what the oldest trees are here. Do you know if any have been here since, or even predating, the cemetery?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable acknowledged both John and Aaron with a smile and nod.

"Dr. Simmons, if there are other things you need please feel free to ask. I love to help."

"In the Pioneer section we have some lovely specimens of the Saucer Magnolia and the Weeping Crape Myrtle. The oldest tree I believe is up on the hill back that direction. You can see a piece of the oak tree. On that hill, I heard during a flood there were more than 100 tents where people sought refuge. Good times and eating for our kind." She winked at the group.

"I don't know how you all feel about this, but I thought it was really awesome that one of the survivors of the Donner party is buried over in the odd fellows section. Elizabeth Philippine Zimmerman is buried in the Keseberg plot. I don't suppose any of you folks knew any of the Donner party?"

"Mr. Davis, you mentioned Half Saddle Sam, Great name by the way. Was he one of the folks involved with the gold rush? Were you here for the whole gold rush phenomenon? I'd love to hear some stories sometime."
    Last edited by Mable Wood; Aug 3rd, 2018 at 10:59 AM.  Reason for Edit: spelling issue lol

J
    John Davis

Turning to Doc, "Thank you kindly. Don't want anyone to accuse me of not being thorough on my nightly errands. Literally, no stone unturned." Responding to her question of friends and allies, "I'm sure many of them are still lying around here somewhere."

Then to Aaron, "I actually hope I do find a couple more, unoccupied of course. I could use some more furniture, Edison rigs and kerosene lamps. In regards to Miss Weiss, I'm not sure. I didn't get to talk much with her since my first night in town. Afraid I failed to get her wireless telegraph numbers."

Davis then hears Mable describe some trees. "Magnolias and Crap Myrtles you say? Throw in some noisy bullfrogs, twinkling fireflies and slather me in hallelujahs I'm right back at home."

Listening to more of Mable's tour. "Donner Party? Is that that there group who got stuck in the mountains yonder and ate each other. I remember there being a little girl, Eliza her name was, who had been adopted by some older couple near Sutter's Fort."

Davis corrects Mable, "She. Easy mistake. We called her Half Saddle cause she rode side saddle and after she was done with you, all you could afford was half a saddle. Oh, she was interested in digging gold alright and was quite good at lifting it off miners. I'm sure she is right where I last saw her, in her customary place, lying on her back. Oh forgive me, that was a bit lewd, wasn't it? I do so apologize for that."

"Let us change the subject from Miss Samantha, shall we? In regards to my presence during the 'Rush.' I was indeed here from '49 until the Great Fire. Very lively time here before and after. I would love to share a tale or ten. Wasn't as.... organized as it is today. Really good times and eating back then as you say."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Nature. If only her sire could see her now he'd have died of laughter, if he hadn't already met the Final Death. Without the conversation Rebecca would be completely out of her element.

"If I think of anything I won't hesitate to let you know Ms. Wood," she said with a bow of her head. Another potential ally it would seem.

Then the tour seemed to begin in earnest as Mable provided background and identification of trees. Rebecca offered a slight chuckle at Mable's wink and comment about disaster and good fortune. What did that say about their kind that they could benefit from the misfortune of Kine. Rebecca kept herself from pondering the implications.

As she continued Rebecca replied, "I did not know anyone from the Donner party. In fact I'm fairly certain I didn't know anyone who could possibly be in this graveyard. It was much before my time." She was not so prideful as to admit or brag about knowing long dead people. They were dead for one reason or another after all.

How come even when someone else is giving the tour Davis had to find some way to correct them. Rebecca didn't know anything about this Half Saddle Sam, but she imagined there was more to her than being on her back. She also couldn't hate on a woman who used her abilities to rob people of their valuables. Some, she imagined, had it coming. But something Rebecca couldn't stop was allowing Davis to further pontificate, seeing as how Mable was basically asking for it. Maybe this could be to her advantage though. "Yes. I too am curious about your time during the gold rush. Specifically, what caused you to leave the area in the first place? You talk a lot about time here in Sacramento and yet you also spent some time in the South. I wonder what caused you to leave." Or was it flee?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron can imagine how having a hundred people cramped up together could be beneficial, for Gangrel that is. He wouldn't want to trade places with a vampire sleeping in a tent. That is way too dangerous.

'A Weeping Crape is definitely fitting for a cemetery. I wonder how it got its name.'
    Origin stories are just one more thing the Dragon scholar is into. They can be so telling of a time.

'The odd fellows section, is that really a thing? I don't think I knew anyone from the Donner Party.'
    Given that he was 3 years old, it is very unlikely. Also, he's not sure if it would be worth remembering. Random individuals hardly stand a chance against the Fog of Eternity. 'Or anyone on this graveyard probably. From Chicago to here was a great distance to travel at that time. But you certainly seem to have a good memory, Mr. Davis. It was a lively time indeed.'

The others already asked for more stories, so Aaron chooses to listen. The Daeva seems to be in his element here, surrounded by memories.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh my. I can't believe that I would be so presumptuous as to call Half Saddle Sam a male. I have tried to learn over the years that many names can be male or female. Oh well. I will apologize to her when I see her grave." Mable grinned at John. "So, back when the whole situation happened at Donner Lake, Elisabeth was married to Lewis Keseberg. Their two children died in the situation but later they had nine more children. No one knows where he is buried and I personally wonder if he is really dead at all."

Mable was sure that Rebecca understood she was willing to help when and if needed. So she also gave a quick nod of the head in return. Then to answer the question from Aaron. "The Weeping Crape Myrtle originally came from China. The type we have came to us through Baton Rouge. This variety is more disease resistant. They can get fugal infections on their leaves or powdery mildew on their bark. Aphids also like to eat them. These are some of the issues I keep an eye out for."

"Here we are, The pioneer section. These are the flowering trees I was talking about. And over here are some interesting graves and crypts. They may be worth investigating for tunnels at some point. I must be boring you all by now. If I am let me know. I could talk about the grave yards and trees forever." She really was worrying about doing too much talking. Socializing was not her strong suit at all.

J
    John Davis

"That's alright, Mable. Sam was tougher than any four men."

Davis turned to address Simmon's question, "Why my departure from Sacramento was not caused by any impropriety on my part. Don't be thinking that now. The Great Fire of '52, that was the spark that led to not just mine but other's exodus from the city. I can't recall the exact cause. Certainly wasn't an Irish milk cow." Davis jokingly looked at VanValen. "At one time we thought it may have been the Brood or something worse. Regardless, with over 80% of the town torched to the ground, my retainers and I set off for other gold towns and eventually settled in San Francisco. Then matters of Estate summoned me back to New Orleans."

Pausing to let Mable continue her tour, Davis jumped in at the appropriate moment. "From Baton Rogue you say? Wonder if a certain another tree whisper there knows?" There must be a mutation in the Gangrel Blood that causes certain clan members to go GREEN. Davis thought.

Letting Mable resume, at the mention of tunnels Davis looks back at the chapel and then toward the crypts of the pioneer section. When Mable had paused he added, "If any of those names match some acquaintances of mine, I assure you they are worth investigating." Grave robbing was not beneath Davis, especially if it exposed more of the growing Undercity.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread