Ended
Watch

Cemetery Caretaking (Social)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Well I feel like if you need to purposefully plant flowers that bugs avoid in order to plant a flower, you might be working yourself too hard for that flower," she said with a light chuckle.

Mable had heard of the gallery? How interesting. "The art truly was beautiful. I hope to meet the owner of it all eventually. I imagine he has some fascinating stories. And yes, I do enjoy a good stain glass window. I'll have to look into the Sunset Lawn Cemetery some other evening, though I fear we don't get to enjoy the true brilliance of such glass." Rebecca had spent more years a mortal than many vampires and she had a keen memory of what they looked like with the sun coming through. It was something...special.

"You know," she said casually, "I have not experimented with psilocybin as much as I would like, though I probably should. I wonder if it would combine well with other compounds..." the thought was mostly rhetorical; stored away for when she finally had her personal lab in which to experiment.

As her vision turned she caught the sight of her Priscus. How fortuitous. They hadn't truly spoken since their family meeting, but her respect for the man's reasoning and persuasion skills had not faded one bit. Her Catalyst of course had not grow more fond of the stronger beast in the absence and attempted to will her to flee. She resisted any such act. "Why good evening Mr. van Valen. What a pleasant surprise. And no you're not interrupting at all. We're just having a pleasant conversation and tour of the gardens, as Mable said." She was not a fan of using first names unless among Kine, but it would have been rude not to follow the Priscus' lead. She wasn't sure how close Aaron and her actually were, or at least how close he felt they were, but she wanted to make sure he understood that despite them arriving at the same time his title deserved respect. Respect she would give him.

As they slowly turned the corner another strong beast was spotted. How uncomfortable. Three stronger predators around Rebecca in a cemetery. If that wasn't foreboding she didn't know what was. She again suppressed the urge to flee and instead extended the man an invitation to join. "Ah, Mr. Davis. I didn't expect to see you in the cemetery at this hour. Come, why don't you join us?" She still wasn't sure how useful the man would be, but they had interacted well at the Junkyard. It appeared Clara's opinion could be trusted for now.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron smiles as he receives a friendly welcome. 'My name is Aaron van Valen, a pleasure to meet you Mable Wood.' He gives her a quick nod as a greeting, then he turns to Rebecca, 'And I do know her. How good to see you again Dr. Simmons.'

He studies the plants in their direct vicinity. Of course, flowers could be nice to see, he would have never thought of that.

'That could be interesting. Albeit too bad that most are closed during the night.'
    He is definitely not an expert, but he knows that those that bloom at night are quite rare. Just one more sad fact of their existence. 'But I suppose visiting a garden at this hour is beautiful in its own way, leaving room for our imaginations.'

He looks around, unfortunately his little quest had ended. He requires full focus and solitude for that. But meeting other Kindred is a nice surprise. He had been meaning to meet the Gangrel Priscus anyway. Then suddenly he also notices John Davis, ominously smoking his cigar.

Where did he come from?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt the tug of yet another beast on her own. Looking up she recognized John Davis even though she hadn't spoken to him yet. or at least she didn't think so. "Oh my. I came to work tonight thinking I might have to run a few drunk teens out of here but instead I am blessed with you folks." Mable beamed a happy grin at the now growing group.

"Please be sure to not drop any live ashes. We don't need any forest fires over here." Mable said in a sweet manner. "I was just giving a little tour of the gardens and anything else anyone wants to see in the cemetery. The perennial gardens are just beyond the Chapel."

J
    John Davis

Seeing who the assemble beasts were, Davis's own settled down. Responding first to Simmons, "Don't mind if I do. Just out visiting with some old friends." Davis gestured over to the Pioneer Section of the cemetery.

Noticing Aaron, Davis smiles, "Evening Aaron, still exploring the city?" Davis had been doing his own set of exploring and wondered if Aaron would be interested in his growing catalog of maps.

Finally turning to address Mable, "Hopefully a few drunk adolescents cause less trouble than a truck of city contractors." Davis patted his abdomen at the end hoping she would get his hint. Neither Simmons or Aaron was present the evening of the hunter attack and the gesture would likely be lost to them unless gossip was spreading.

Hearing Mable's request about live ashes, Davis kindly puts the cigar out on the heel of his boot. His beast wincing in mock pain at the thought of getting burned. "Do forgive me, no disrespect intended toward the dead. A tour you say? Why I would love to join yall. Do please forgive my disheveled attire. I say I am a total utter mess."

It was clear, no hiding it, that Davis had been in the mud, water, and stench.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca always enjoyed confirmation and Aaron gave it with his response. It was clear to her they respected each other. It would seem they were well on the road to a fulfilling professional relationship. "How have you been since our last meeting?"

Mable then confirmed her job wasn't just to maintain the plants, but to protect the garden from would be trespassers. Looking to Aaron and then Davis she though, or at least disruptive trespassers. Focusing on the tour she said, "I'm interested to see this perennial garden, even if the flowers may be closed for the night."

Mable then focused attention on the man's cigar. Rebecca didn't smoke, but she could understand the appeal of fire. The dangerous warmth. Life and death all rolled into one. A shiver of fear and joy ran down her back, though her face revealed no such reaction.

Was he referring to incident that Clara had mentioned? Was Mable involved in that was well? She wasn't sure, but it was all information Rebecca filed away. And wasn't Davis a Daeva? She didn't quite understand his fascination with sewers and dirt. "We all get dirty from time to time." He wasn't as useless in Rebecca's eyes as he once was, but he wasn't lying. He was a mess.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Good evening, Mr. Davis. Indeed I am, and I will probably continue to do so for a long while,' after all, energies could move, and he should constantly update all his findings.

He turns back to his Clanmate, 'I have been doing very well, thank you. Settling in quite well, I have almost decided on a good place to live. Some of my research is paying off. And my network is finally getting shape. I hope the same can be said for you?'

Rebecca also says what Aaron is thinking. He does not particularly care about a disheveled attire. Maybe John Davis will find something interesting in the sewers and they'll all be jealous. It's just that the Dragon has plenty of ground to cover already.

Therefore, a tour is always good. Saves him doing extra research. 'Please, lead the way then!'

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable realized the others seemed to want to keep court manners, "Mr. Davis, I do hope you are mending well. Contractors can be such a bother. Sometimes you just have to hit them over the head a few times to make them see that they are wrong." She gave him a sweet smile. "Do you want to clean up? I have the keys to the chapel. If not, a little dirt doesn't bother me any. It shows you have been working hard. Oh I must be a frightful mess with sawdust and wood chunks in my hair." She pulls out her pony tail and runs her hands through her golden wavy hair.

"Ms. Simmons, or is it Dr. Simmons? Any time you decide you want to try some experiments with the mushrooms let me know. I know where some are growing." She had found some growing in some of the fresh fertilizer she had gathered.

Smiling brightly, as she usually is, Mable lead the way, "Over to the right is the pioneer section. There are some lovely flowering trees there. A definite must see in the spring. Right now everything is very green. Behind it are the Red mans plots. To our left is the Chapel. Behind that is the Hamilton section which is awash with pinks and purples right now. Behind that is our current destination, the perennial garden. While the blooms are mostly closed at the moment you can still see the lovely colors." Mable wasn't used to being social and being social with so many people was new and interesting for her.

J
    John Davis

Tipping his hat to Aaron and Simmons, Davis joined the others and responded to Mabel. "Fit as a fiddle. Thank you for asking."

Brushing off some dust from the shoulder of his duster. "No need to clean up, I'll likely be back at it before sunrise."

Funny the Chapel wasn't locked from the inside. Good to know about the key though. Davis thought.I wonder if Mabel knows about the tunnel? Could it be part of the Hunter network or of the Nosferatu?

Davis would inquire about and explore the pioneer and Indian sections later. He might recognize some of the names. But first, "What can you tell us about the Chapel?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"It's always important to find a good place to live, or even just a place to be alone with your thoughts from time to time." She imagined her Priscus would agree with that sentiment. "I am slowly but surely establishing my own network as well. Of course as I've said before, if you ever need my services I'd be more than willing to assist." They had a strong professional relationship and she wanted to continue that.

Rebecca's gaze focused as Mable continued the conversation about 'contractors'. She felt as if she was missing some part of a much larger story, which was never a feeling she enjoyed. "Like you said, hard work leads to dirty clothes. Nothing wrong with that," she said to Mable with a smile. Of course there was some surprise to hear Davis admit he would be going back into the underground. He seemed obsessed with the place.

"It's Doctor," she said politely, "and I'll definitely take you up on that offer once I have my personal lab up and running. It shouldn't be too long now." Success and progress seemed to be moving fast for Rebecca.

"Hmm, pinks and purples you say?" she said in relation to the Hamilton section. "I would very much like to see that at some point," she added as she continued to follow Mable towards the perennial garden.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Indeed. And I do most of my work from home. So the lack thereof is more and more feeling like a nuisance.' He nods to Rebecca. They are a family of only two, but they should be able have a strong presence in the city. 'Good to hear. And likewise. I will definitely let you know.'

Such business talk however, did not perfectly suit a cemetery garden tour. The Lord turns his focus towards the Priscus of Gangrel. Mable's definition of a frightful mess brings a smile to Aaron's face. Someone with her looks would have to do a lot worse to look frightful. 'Mushrooms? Are you also in the business of recreational drugs? Or merely a consumer?'

Is Rebecca expanding her business to the Kindred society already?!

John's behavior, as usual, raises some questions. 'Back at it, Mr Davis? Are you looking for something in particular?' Surely his intend could not solely be to map all underground tunnels of Sacramento. A little academic research could probably dig up a lot of results for that. But perhaps the Daeva does not have the same trust in such sources as Aaron has.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread