Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Interesting. She works many angles. "My work? Oh yes, I love what I do." her answer seemed a little distracted, "New formulas and compounds? No judgements here but a question... along with the most likely highly profitable recreation side, does your medical side include cures etc for kine? Or are you looking for cures for kindred?" Her smile was still warm, sweet and innocent.

"Oh, I was also wondering if you had a favorite type of flower?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

At the words 'kine' and 'kindred' Rebecca grew stiff and her eyes shifted, checking to confirm no one was near. No one but the dead it would seem. She would still have to be careful. "I don't know if I'd ever thought of trying to create cures for...our kind. As of now it's only cures and medicine for people, but I have been interested in seeing how different chemicals react with blood. With enough research I may just find some chemicals that say, promote healing or provide daylight protection." Research would be expensive, but if she could make anything close to beneficial discoveries they would certainly be profitable.

Mable then asked about flowers and Rebecca paused. "I don't know if I've ever contemplated the idea of a 'favorite' flower. If I have to pick one then I'd have to go with the fire lily. I just love the bright orange and red colors. What about you?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do love sunflowers. But any type of wild flower can find it's way to my heart. We have a whole bunch of lilies back here in the perennial garden."

Mable smiled at Rebecca, "Really? Cures and medicine for people? That is quite admirable. Is there something that has lead to this vocation?" There was no trace of judgement in her voice just innocence and curiosity.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Sunflowers are a good choice as well. Oh, and would you mind showing me the wild flowers? I imagine they look wonderful." This was a tour of the cemetery after all, and if nothing else Mable seemed to know far more about flowers than Rebecca did.

Money was the first word that came to mind, but no sign of the thought escaped from under her mask of friendliness. "Well I've always had a strong love and appreciation for science and what can come from it. In fact it's hard for me to even remember a time before science. And I was good at it. Really good at it. The smells and chemicals made me feel alive in a way nothing else really could, even after I...no longer was. I figured though, science came to me so easily, why not use it to make people feel better, in a variety of ways. Though if I'm being honest with myself, I think I also enjoyed the power medicine brings with it. I mean, I combine the right chemicals and I create something that can literally change the body of another. That's certainly a great deal of power for one person to have." Power Rebecca was more than worthy of wielding.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded, "I can see how that power could be intoxicating. I totally get that feeling of something making you feel alive. That's how I feel about trees. I am good with trees and love working with them. Do you ever feel like people think you are a bit single-minded? Like oh there is the drug lady? Because I feel like I tend to be the tree girl in most people's minds."

As they walked Mable pointed out all the out cropping's of wild flowers. The wild flowers were many shapes and sizes. "I like the wild flowers much more than the roses. Roses have so many bug issues and bring bad bugs to the rest of the garden. However, the Victorian gardeners knew this was an issue and would plant other plants that the bugs hated among the roses. Do you ever use herbs or fungi for your compounds? Or all they all chemicals?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"I certainly hope not," she said with a chuckle. It was part of the reason why she didn't mention she was a doctor in every introduction, at least not until she was asked. "I may have a passion for drugs but I enjoy other things as well. In fact just recently I enjoyed a less than reputable art gallery and enjoyed some less than legally acquired art in the process. I found the display quite fascinating, especially since I ran into some people we both know, including your cousin." Of course it was clear who Rebecca was talking about. There were only two Gangrels in town. "I guess I just try and show people as much of my other sides as I can so that they never feel like I'm one-dimensional. And I certainly don't see you as 'the tree girl,'" she added with a smile.

"I didn't realize all the difficulties with roses. It makes you wonder what it is about them that makes them the 'go to' romance flower." As the topic shifted she continued. "There are some herbs and plants that have been approved for medicinal use by the FDA, but not many. To be honest there are more recreational uses for plants than medicinal. So generally I work with chemicals only, but I wouldn't be against using plants of any kind in my compounds if they gave me the desired effects. I mean, in essence, all things are chemicals compounds, just very complicated compounds, so if need be I could see myself using plants in order to recreate naturally occurring elements." One sometimes had to make due during hard times.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable shook her head, "I don't get the appeal of roses either. If I was going to go for something that smells nice I would go for lavender or honey suckle. And planting me a garden would be more of a statement than some half dead flowers stuck in a vase." She chuckles.

"Oh, yes. I has heard about that gallery. The art was beautiful. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. I don't know if you are interested in stained glass but one of our local cemeteries has a chapel with beautiful wood and stained glass. It's at the
    Sunset Lawn Cemetery."

"Do you ever have a need for the psilocybin mushroom?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

As the two Kindred women walk around the Historic Rose Garden, a third Beast presence enters the cemetery grounds. Aaron van Valen is dressed in a completely black, mostly leather outfit, making his way through the darkness. He has a good reason for being here. Cemeteries can be home to powerful ghosts, or stranger energies. Not that the Lord really has ways of directly communicating with the first, but he can usually find solutions to anything.

To sense the energies though, he is walking around with actual metal dowsing rods in his hands. To most mortal eyes, a laughable sight. To the Dragon, a serious matter that had shown results in the past. Sure it is a bit primitive, but a tool nonetheless. He has good hope he will find something here. It is a perfect historic location, and not to forget: just outside of the Rack.

He is quite surprised to hear voices. People tend to avoid cemeteries at night. They might have already spotted him, so there's no sense in being secretive. He approaches them and recognizes his Whip. Still, his Beast is filled with rage. It feels particularly threatened, reminding Aaron that offense is the best defense.

'Hi there.' He says while working to maintain his composure. He hides the dowsing rods in an inside pocket of his jacket. 'Hope I'm not interrupting?'

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable feels another beast. She quiets suddenly. Her beast ready to attack. Rage filling her. Then she sees someone she has yet to met but recognizes. She pulls her beast back, perhaps not all the way, just in case.

"Hi. Mable Wood, and I am pretty sure you know Rebecca Simmons. Would you care to join us? I was just showing Rebecca the gardens. We are heading to the perennial garden."

J
    John Davis

Davis had been underground mapping when he discovered the Duck Pond tunnel. It appeared to run beneath Southside Park, under the interstate and beyond Y Street (Broadway). Davis found a side tunnel that he chose to take to a dead end.

Davis eventually discovers that the terminus for the tunnel is the Mortuary Chapel of the Old City Cemetery. Not ready to return to the Underground, Davis chooses to wander the cemetery looking for old rivals acquaintances.

His beast alerts him that he is not alone this evening. There are others in the cemetery, not immediately close but not far either. And getting close.

Who is walking the streets of the dead? Besides me.
    He thought.Davis knew their beasts would detect his, hiding would be pointless. Finding a bench against the Mortuary Chapel wall, Davis sits, carefully lights a cigar, and waits for the arrival of either friend or foe.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread