Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Magi everywhere know their curiosity is that of a cat's.

Disregarding the man, she ambles towards the ugly fractals leaking purple light. Was it the purple ever so familiar to Necromancers everywhere?

Something else...?

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-13 19:57:32 Banshee rolls 5 to Purple light? (Int 2 + Occult 3) (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 10, 1, 5, 3 2 successes
    Active Spells: Ritual Grim Sight, Ritual 2E Death Armour, Speak with the Dead
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

2. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Thinking on your feet comes off as a second nature to those engaged in cloak and dagger endeavors. As soon as his eyes had adjusted to the scenery, his mind had started the race to process the stranger's words.
    Someone not quite human, yet scared shitless. The Veil was at risk. His finger twitched over the display of his phone, delivering its signal of bits and codes.
    Think fast. Banshee, pointy ears... the girl was a perfect decoy. A smirk spread into a forced smile plastered all over his face.

"Greetings... earthling", he raised his right hand with the palm forward and the thumb extended, as its fingers were parted between the middle and ring one. This is ridiculous. "We salute you"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-14 15:11:10 Winter rolls 6 to perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 9, 2, 9, 6, 6, 8 3 successes
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-14 15:31:19 Winter rolls 4 to Lying (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 8 2 successes

Supernal Vision - Conj Mind 1 (Pot1), Gain Occult (2) (Pot4), -1 Mana,

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot rolls his eyes at Winter's choice of words. But while the Guardian takes the lead on talking to the Stranger, Knot crooks the fingers of one hand, behind his back, into a rote mudra as he calls down magic from Arcadia to untangle the threads around the man. Knot suspected there was more to him than was obvious, and was willing to find out a little bit more before confronting him about it.

Knot casts Interconnections and studies Stranger over the next three turns to accrue the necessary successes

Interconnections 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-14 19:26:09 Knot rolls 8 to Interconnections (Intelligence 2 + Investigation 2 + Order 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 7, 7, 10, 1, 3, 7, 4, 4, 6 1 success
      Sympathy study complete in 3 rounds of study
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-14 19:27:18 [03] Knot rolls 7 to Sympathy Exam on Dude (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 9, 9, 4, 1, 8, 3, 10, 10, 8 6 successes
    2018-08-14 19:27:18 [02] Knot rolls 7 to Sympathy Exam on Dude (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 4, 4, 8, 9, 7, 3, 7 2 successes
    2018-08-14 19:27:18 [01] Knot rolls 7 to Sympathy Exam on Dude (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 2, 7, 6, 2 failure
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker continued to stand at the other end of the portal. Sure there was a rope made of mana running through it, hopefully keeping it open...but if it were to close, Weavebreaker knew for sure that she could repeat what Sand did earlier and open it back up. She really did not want anyone to remain trapped wherever the portal led.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sharp glance to Winter, tongue quickly caught between teeth to prevent sounds.

Once he is gone though, "I don't imagine he had a lot of friends in high school..." muttered toward Weavebreaker.

Hand in pocket, removed + 1 cell phone. Stepping up next to Weavebreaker, squinting through, waiting for the buzz of the phone.

Or at least a sign from any of the three inside that they still even recalled the portal.

10. Likes Ruach, , liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Banshee knows that Purple is associated with Death and the Path of Doom but also Aggression and Excitement. However nothing about the light leaking through speaks of the supernal or hidden world. Instead it just looks like purple light..behaving like sun light. Then it clicks, the Stranger and the Ghost look awfully similar... The Stranger takes a moment to look at the silent Goth as she starts to meander to the side. Winter can readily see the purple light leaking through a crack in the here.

A long stare looks between Winter and Banshee. Then back to Knot. "Right...well whatever man. You want to play games then play games. This place isn't really, ya know, subtle." To Knot 's gaze the man has a weak sympathetic link to the stone at the center of the space. In fact destiny is threaded through that sympathetic link to the stone pillar. Almost as if Fate is waiting for something to happen between the man and the pillar. It takes a few moments but the Stranger looks at Knot. "Ah fine fine, Do the stare. I did what I was told to do, can we leave now? I still have a normal job that I need to pretend at."

Back in the here of Sacramento the two mages can see the now trio silently talking and the small flare of Fate that Knot calls upon. Sand 's phone buzzes with the message from Winter . Weavebreaker 's mana rope still resting both here and there, seemingly undisturbed by its dual-location.

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Winter?" Banshee turns to him with a frigid smile, "Kindly go fuck yourself." then dismissing the Guardian with a roll of her eyes, she turns once more to Knot, "Do you remember that which I saw before we stepped through? That...image, is of this man."

Outside of this place, this man is dead. Were they to be his cause of Death? Was that why his image cycled and cycled again? Were they to Sacrifice this man, and if there were more of this man within the place beyond here, past where the purple light gleams, were they to Sacrifice him again, and again, and again?

There was a tremor of something, pleasure perhaps, at the intricacies of Fate blessed Death.

"What's you name?" she asks, head tilted, and eyes gleaming.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

A chuckle escaped his lips, deep and warm. The girl's antics. So funny. "Say, stranger", he said uncaring for the girl's question, "you need help?", he walked toward the crack, still unwilling to get too close.

He hadn't put a name to the phenomenon, but the color of death inflated their bubble. "Hand me your phone, and I'll see what I can do". He waved his fingers in a gimme motion.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Well he couldn't let this dude die. Not if he had anything to say about it.

"Ok, look, I know this is probably going to sound just a teeny bit crazy. Well, a lot crazy. But probably not as crazy it it should be? We come from, I think, your future."

Knot coughs.

"Where, it seems, you are... dead."

He holds up his hands in a placating gesture.

"Now, I'd really rather... not have you die, buuuuuuuut... well I think you're destined to die on that rock. Now, don't ask me how I know all this, but I also know you're not as human as you look. So, and I know you just met me and Banshee here is kind of creepy and Winter thinks everyone but him is stupid, and our two backup peeps are I guess taking a smoke break, but why don't you come clean on everything and maaaaaaybe we can resolve this in a way that doesn't end with you dead and bound as a ghost, cursed to walk the earth lost and alone, for an undetermined amount of time?"

"I'd be upset if that happened."

He would too! It's an upsetting thing! And what's the point of being an Acanthus if you can't tell Destiny to sit down and shut up once and awhile? Obrimos did it with physics all the time. Mastigos could open portals across the world. Thyrsus could change shape and Moros could turn shit into diamonds.

Persuasion 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-15 21:26:37 Knot rolls 4 to Trust me? (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 9, 7, 2, 3 1 success
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He hung his head in his hands with an exasperated sigh. "Great way to prove my point. Go ahead, I urge you. Want a cigarette too?", he shuffled in his pockets, "You're getting all cozy, might as well give him a blowj...", he kept himself from finishing the sentence, there was a lady in attendance after all.

So much for the amiable solution, wasted efford. "Fucking idiot", he added gruffly.

19. Likes Ruach, , Benji liked this post
Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread