(Discovery Park) The King's Man

Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

As Winter tries to access Isaac's phone he realizes that the phone is dead. How long had the blond man been here? The young man chuckles. "Because we're bugs next to them. They Won ages ago." A snort follows.

"No war? No proxies? What world do you live in? You think the On High cause every problem? Cause every shit show? No that's humanity front and center." One of the tears rolls down the man's cheek into the grass. "Because they've already won! Why fight them? I want to live. Please let me live. I don't want to be in here anymore." There's a moment were it looks like the man would struggle against Knot but instead he just exhales and looks into the grass.

Across from the gathering of Awakened Minds the crack between trees flashes a purple light and audibly rips open to be person sized.

A glimpse through the portal

2 suxx to resist Intim, 1 suxx to resist Lies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-05 19:32:56 Isaac rolls 4 to Lies (10 Again) 2, 2, 10, 2, 7 1 success
    2018-09-05 19:31:34 Isaac rolls 4 to No Intim? (10 Again) 6, 4, 10, 8, 6 2 successes

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

For a moment Time stands still. The flash of purple flooding minds as everyone present sees black sand under rays of a glorious gold and iridescent green sunrise. Then a dark haired man sitting cross-legged watching the sun rise, light glistening off of Atlantean carved into the stone he sits on. Another flash of light and Isaaac is on his feet. Then... What If?

Mages move and mages run. One stands ready to defend what seems like the way out. One works to close the portal for good. A flash of beautiful purple and gold and green flashes from the portal across the glade. As the flash fades what ifs flash before the Pentacle mages’ eyes. A what if where Isaac is caught, fights back and dies. His soul sucked into the stone pillar at the center of the glade. A what if where all three mages run into the portal bleeding purple and never return. A what if where three mages come back out, blond replaced for dark dark brown as Langdon comes out with haunted eyes. A what if where Isaac makes it into the portal first and then it snaps shut. A what if where all of the mages study the pillar and offer up some of the supernal to escape. A what if where Isaac is restrained against the pillar by hands and a knife runs across his neck. Blood and Soul seeping into the stone.

Then suddenly Weavebreaker finds her fellow Pentacles around her as the portal falls into itself before disappearing, knots of Prime wrapping tightly around the spot where it had been. A quick look around tells Banshee that the ghost of the man, surely Isaac, is nowhere to be seen. In fact the man himself is gone. Knot can see that the Time itself has resumed what passes for its normal flow. As the portal falls into itself Sand can see a glimpse of Isaac leaning against the pillar with a sad smile on his face as the purple light floods the glade. And Winter , well the Seer, obviously a Seer, is nowhere to be found. Thankfully?

Langdon sits on the ground at Weavebreaker’s feet. Blinking heavily in the afternoon light.

Starting to wrap this up as it was going to readily crack two months. I am sorry that it went for too long and I would rather bring this to a close than let it languish. That being said the thread is not closed. Something strange just happened after all...

4. Likes Ruach, Benji, liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"What in the fuck was that?"

Knot's head... didn't exactly hurt, but it for fucking sure felt overfull and ready to burst with multiple timelines crammed in it.

"I blame you Langdon." Knot kicks the other man's shoe. "Did I offend you? Why did you do this to me?"

He puts out a hand to help Langdon up.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Reeling, her eyes dart around.

"Issac isn't dead anymore." she says, even as Knot rounds on Langdon. Safe and sound. "Or....perhaps he is," the rapidly flashing images of his many paths towards Death, "...I cannot see his shifting spectre any longer."

What had happened? Where did the purple curled portal lead to? What happened to the Seer?

....where had Langdon disappeared to, and why?
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Stand still. Don’t move. Observe first. Evaluate second. React third.

N/M.

External forces at play render process and procedure null and void.

”If you do not know ...” The words implied concerned. The tone did not.

A sad smile. Purple light.

+: Langdon is back!

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"So the kid was doomed without appeal, uh?", somehow there's a tinge of sadness in his tone.
    "The time ritual the Seers performed, might be that it's finally cracking under its weight? First the insects, now this", he searched his pockets, wondering whether the Seer's phone was still there.

"Good to see you're all in one piece", looking at Langdon.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

With their appearance and the phenomena's disappearance, Weavebreaker halted her work. The white lines she was tracing, grew blurry and vanished.

"Welcome back?" Weavebreaker offered them, with a slight shrug. She really didn't know what had happened, but it seemed that they found a way to resolve it all.

Weavebreaker let the phantasmal rope dissipated back into nothingness.

"Glad you are all ok."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

A jolt far greater than the kick to his shoe runs through Langdon at the kick. The man speaks slowly after several moments. "I... blame me? Well I guess.. what day is it?" Langdon accepts Knot's hand and slowly gets to his feet looking at Banshee in confusion. "Isaac?" Then a look at Sand and her unspoken statement.

Several blinks pass as Langdon tries to figure out what Winter is going for. "I don't know if that was the Seers, or if it was it is from before their inception. That stone pillar was covered in Atlantean. Volumes of it. I spent..hours? there? I think? Thanks." A shadow of a smile plays across the Moros's face.

"I am too. I had given up on the other side. I couldn't get back through. Couldn't reach you all. Sympathy just didn't exist. All I had was that sunrise...it felt endless." A shiver runs through Landgon as he remembers the gold and the green. Endless black sand against a dark ocean. "I ah. ya. What day is it?"

Winter does find the missing Seers phone

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"You did send something back, at the Circle", he says looking at the Seer's phone, "it wasn't all for naught, I guess", he consigns it back to the safety of his pocket, meaning to analyze it at a later time. "Even though, to think everything might have been unmade or lost in time", the Guardian frowned perplexed.
    The man looks around, scanning for a trace of residual resonance.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-25 11:27:13 Winter rolls 6 to perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 2, 8, 9, 3, 3, 10, 6 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-25 11:27:13 Winter rolls 6 to perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 2, 8, 9, 3, 3, 10, 6 3 successes

Supernal Vision - Conj Mind 1 (Pot1), Gain Occult (2) (Pot4), -1 Mana,

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"My note? Ya I wanted to be sure that someone knew where I was. Well where I started. The crack didn't look right, the other side was clear and had trees in it. Just seemed like a good precaution?" The Mystagogue shrugs as he looks at the sorted mages. At them.

"Sooo... I'm guessing it was weird in there for you all right? That light never changed." Langdon shakes his head. Eternal light or an eternal sunrise over black. Neither were pleasant.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread