THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'An outside factor? There's no divine purpose, if that is what you mean. The idea is more that everything can and will change at some point. Therefore we teach our members to be perceptive of everything around them. Even we can be subject to change. But to reach this level of understanding, one must first understand change in itself. And what I meant is, change without purpose is chaos. And chaos leads to nowhere except destruction.' Which is a purpose for no one except the Brood.

Aaron shrugs and nods to agree with Cynthia. He cannot think of many things that are good when shoved down one's throat. Not many. But he wisely keeps that thought to himself.

'Perfect,' the Lord says, folding his hands with an excited look on his face as a challenge just presented itself before him. 'Let me start by saying that what I think is one of the main beauties of my club, is that there are indeed many roads that lead to Rome. Everyone is free to choose their own path. Some among us even put down whole new roads. As long as you keep the destination in mind.' He leans a little closer again, 'Which is, clearly, to transcend our current state of being.'

2. Likes Deltaomega liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Well its nice to know faith doesn't control you or yours." Cynthia said with a nod. It looked like she had something close to a smile break through her smirk. "Though I was referring to more mundane factors. But I think that answers my question as well." She said with a slight shrug. The goth still seemed to be paying close attention to everything Aaron was saying.

"Interesting." The Priscus said as she made sure no one else was getting to close. Although the stink that followed her seemed to do most of the work for her. "Very Interesting. But how much freedom really? And how does one gain transcendence? I doubt its so easy."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Alright,' Aaron mirrors the Haunt's smile. If her question was answered, he would not elaborate any further. For the exact views of Dragons on religious matters, more in-depth knowledge was required.

'Well, we are all studying the several ways in which our common goal can be accomplished. So whatever method you choose, if it has results, no one will complain generally. I usually have a more occult approach to a lot of matters, with some sciences added to the mixture that any,' he stops, almost saying "human", 'a lot of people would probably perceive as pseudo-science. I attempt to use Earthly energies and other spacial factors to my benefit. But I know for a fact that Lina Moretti does things entirely different.'

He thinks for a second about her second question. 'And there are certain paths we know to have certain results. These are all steps towards a partial "transcendence". We guide each other through these steps. None of them are easy, indeed, but that should not make it less appealing. If anyone has ever accomplished a complete transformation, if you will, remains part of rumors and myth.' Aaron shows a playful smile. The Ordo Dracul does love its secrets and rumors.

'But tell me more about you. I think I heard you are an artist? Which disciplines to do practice?'
    An artist as Dragon, that could be interesting in several ways.

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia shrugged slightly. "Considering how... Things are, I think any attempt to understand or change this is gonna look like Pseudoscience from the outside." The encounter with the strange so called alchemists came to mind. That was a loose end she would need to look into one of these nights. The mention of earth and space did seem to get her attention, but she did try to hide it. "How does Lina do it then? If you're willing to share."

She continued to listen to the Ventrue speak. The goth could have sworn he was being coy with her. "Partial is always a step forward to getting there at least. If someone did go all the way though, I think someone would have found out by now." Then again, stranger things had happened.

"I'm a painter. Been one for quite some time now." She admitted. "Still trying to find new styles to try and experiment with. Stagnation is a dangerous thing, in art and life." A small, wry smile appeared for a brief moment. "Also play some music too, but its rare to find many people who are into what I like." There was a pause as she tilted her head slightly to the side. "You have any hobbies Mr van Valen?"

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron smiles, 'Fair point. Though I should say, there are members of my club that only stick to modern sciences.' It is his turn to shrug, as it just shows another side of the Dragons.

'We have not yet had a chance to really compare our methods. But I believe she has more practical, direct approach. By challenging her inner self with hunger, fire and pain. I recently discovered she also uses martial arts as a way of restraint. Though this is a fairly new practice, so I'm also very curious to learn more.'
    There is a lot to learn from younger vampires like her. The Lord could be interested to follow a similar path.

'Maybe. Of course, the founder of our club has not been heard of in a while. Nor from his direct partners.' With so many pop culture references going around, Aaron sometimes forgets that Dracula actually exists. But the thought alone brings a certain peace to his mind.

However, he listens attentively when Cynthia discuss her work. 'That is great. I'm curious to see your work. And indeed,' he refrains from giving her another "change" quote, when she mentions the danger of stagnation. 'it could be an exciting challenge to combine art and life in a more direct way.'

His gaze wanders off, just for a second, as he clearly tries to think of ways already.

'Hobbies? Well. I do play the piano, though I haven't in a while. Other activities come and go really, depending on my research at that time. And I had a lot of hobbies that I did together with my mentor...' but now there is a void. 'What kind of music do you make? Similar to what they play here?'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Everything was memorised as best Cynthia could manage. From what she had guessed, a few of the rumours were true after all.

"The man is certainly impressive. Not everyday someone becomes widely known to the world in one way. Even if some would prefer it to not be the case." Possessing two versions of The Prince of Wallachia's life story made her wonder who exactly he pissed off that lead to Bram Stokers novel coming into existance. It also made her question how they patched that breach up.

The goth smiled softly. "Thank you. I'm working on getting them displayed somewhere soon." Alessandra's offer came to mind once more. "Oh? How so? Tattoos perhaps?" The thought had occurred her.

Cynthia nodded at his answer. "Well... All of this takes a very long time." She gestured around the room, though it seemed focused on them. Although one could have sworn she was stirring the air with the toxic scenes that drifted from her. "And something to take the mind off it all is always a good idea in my opinion." She tilted her head and listened for a moment. "Something similar. My old band and I have been involved with the scene for a long time."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron nods, 'Indeed. And personally, this recent history has a greater appeal to me than - for example - that other famous guy two centuries ago. Or the supposed man on the other side of the lance.' Even for old creatures like them, it was hard to imagine something so long ago. The Dragon does not imply he does not believe in the story, he simply feels no need to have it become part of his identity.

'That is good news then. Be sure to invite me to the opening.' He says with a sincere smile. 'Now that you say it, tattoos are actually a relatively common practice among members. It displays a certain control over our own bodies, and of course, that change is possible. But if you are indeed seriously interested, I would love to expand the art further.' The Dragon cannot say here and now how her art could lead to learning new coils. Nor would he want to.

'We all need our distractions from time to time. Which is also why I usually keep my music all to myself. But I could also see how a band brings certain advantages. Social interaction and all that.'
    The Lord has never been part of large groups of friends. After decades without them, some ideas can become quite abstract.

He listens as well. The music in the club is not so bad even. Aaron has learned he can actually like something from most music styles if he takes a while to get to know certain bands and songs. 'Nice. But that was before you came to Sacramento, I presume?'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Not gonna lie, thats a bit novel with most crowds I've hung out with." Cynthia said with a short laugh. "Though its pretty refreshing. Hearing about the lancer so frequently gets really old and annoying after a while."

"Hopefully." She said with a nod. The priscus looked intrigued. "Well, you seem to know how to hold my interest. I have been told many times art is useless."

The goth cracked her knuckles, although the sound was lost under the music. "Distractions from business are important. All work and no play make can make a monster out of you." Cynthia said with a sly smile, although her tone had a sinister edge to it. A warning perhaps. "But yeah, I met them not long after I had a falling out with the step dad." That smile vanished for a brief moment at the mention. "And yeah, that was actually a long time ago now. Creative differences and the fact we were getting sick of being on tour all the time. Stayed in San Fransisco after that."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Indeed, and generally I'm not very fond of the negative message the whole philosophy tries to convey, damnation and all.' Aaron shakes his head in disapproval. Isn't it much better to talk of transcendence instead?

'Useless?!'
    Aaron is a little shocked, but then chuckles, 'The joke's on them, in that case, for they are the ones missing out. But what do you say: Do you wish to sit down with Lina Moretti and I, and really discuss membership in further detail? We've chosen her to be the local director. I'd gladly vouch for you.'

The Lord thinks Cynthia would be a good candidate. She seems confident enough, intelligent, and she would already bring a new trade to the local Academy.

After his serious proposal, he simply nods as a reply to their other topics. Their personal histories are perhaps better suited for another place and time. But the idea of all work and no play... 'As long as I don't condemn myself to the confines of some far away hotel, I hope I'll be fine. The city offers plenty of things to play with.' He cannot help but to get a little naughty there.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The priscus shrugged. "Eh. its mostly from the same sort of people that would scream at you to get a real job. Like that means anything. Never seem to understand the doors opened by art and culture." She said with a sly smile. There was a pause as she considered the proposal. "I suppose I can meet with her. I will admit you have done much better at convincing me than most others."

This had accelerated things faster than she had anticipated.

"I know the feeling. Staying underground for too long can do things to you." It did not seem like she had caught any of the Ventrues subtext. If she did, she doubted it would have been directed at her. "So, anything else you want to know about this fair city?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread