Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single eyebrow raises when Davis comments about Ale hating him. She was offended by him, yes. But there was quite a bit of distance between being initially offended and hating an individual. Especially since the offense was redeemable. A fact she knew as she had been tasked to inform him of such.

As he turns to her, implying that she too felt this way, her other eyebrow lifted. Surprise writ clearly on her face for a moment.

Though it was likely not noticed by many. His words drawing most of the rooms attention, and all of it varying. Lina- direct and blunt. Clare - diffusing and charming.

It was a power struggle, but not one of Invictus nature this. This was entirely the nature of Kindred.

And since it was clear from comments that it was known where she stood in that regard, she allowed the others to fight it out. Or rather... watching to see how John would handle himself.

She hoped he wouldn't leave. Not only because she had an important matter to discuss with him, but because if he did leave, she wasn't sure he would be able to climb back to a position of worth in anything less than a long time.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

You’re Invictus, handle this accordingly.

You’re Invictus, handle this accordingly.

Vivian had to remind herself over and over while words were exchanged. It was difficult to not laugh when Lina suggested he stopped treating the Domain as a playground to take his toys and go home. This Daeva was not typically prone to going off, but she did speak her mind. There were times and places for this. So, her words were chosen wisely.

“Unless our Prince directly told you that she hated you, do not put words into her mouth.” Vivian said succinctly.

She relaxed after stating those words, and looked at John with a slight shake of her head. “No one is telling you to leave. But we are trying to tell you to think a little about some things. You can come back from all of this, and I would say it would be more than honor worthy to do so as a Knight.” She didn’t speak any more on the matter with John although she had a feeling he wouldn’t let it rest despite Clare’s plea.

If anyone wondered why some Daeva didn’t have more family meetings, this was why. Drama, drama, drama.

“Twist, thank you for the reminder of the Prince’s laws not to be broken. It is something to take into consideration and I hope that we will all do so with this.” Nodding appreciatively to the Archon. “Clara, I agree that we should keep record of this. I will provide a lockbox to keep a book that we can all access to record or check back upon.”

"Lina, did you have any more suggestions, or want to add on the trading portion? If anyone has any other suggestions, I welcome those to." Slightly opening her hand toward her Cousin.

OOC Note
    Last edited by Yumyumcrow; Aug 1st, 2018 at 03:22 AM.  Reason for Edit: text altered at request

V
    Vivian York

OOC

"Lina, did you have any more suggestions, or want to add on the trading portion? If anyone has any other suggestions, I welcome those to."

J
    John Davis

Lina Moretti's words were like a hot poker to Davis's beast. It took a reinforcement of will to respond to her provocation calmly. "I am not your wayward childe to order around." Memories of the years before his manumission flashed to the surface of his thoughts.

Davis's blood was boiling, his beast demanding Lina's head be served up on a platter. His retreat had been a tactical maneuver. He did not want to defile Elysium, but perhaps others present did. Poke me into a frenzy, a sure fire way to get rid of me.

Just as the chain was about to snap, the voice of Clara penetrated the cloud of anger surrounding Davis's beast. His attention shifting from Lina to Clara. Her words calmly stroking his Beast and his ego.

Davis was about to respond when Vivian interjected. The Prince and Seneschal's words came back to his mind. "Preening peacock, lack of education, not impressive, etc." Words of malice, denouement, hatred or had he misinterpreted them?

The temptation to leave this gynocracy was almost reaching a point Davis had not felt since the Prince of New Orleans had banished him.

Had he been alive his knuckles would have been white from the grip he had on the chair. Was it made of wood? How likely would it be that I could break it and stake them all? The odds are not in my favor. With that thought, he relaxed, took out his watch again to check the time.

"Very well." Davis returns his watch to his pocket, straightens his attire. "In consideration of the Seneschal's hospitality, I will stay." He then returns to his seat wishing the night was over so he could go back to his tunnels.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Any childe of mine wouldn't be in this sort of mess," Moretti said flatly when Davis said he wasn't her wayward childe. "But it's all good. Staying and facing your issues will get you a lot farther than running from 'em, and I respect your decision to remain. As for the services that Clara seems to think I want," she glanced at the Unaligned, "I've got it covered. You do you, boo. I'll look forward to seeing great things from you once you're done your... current assignment."

Returning her attention to Vivian's question, she seemed to relax a little.

"No, ma'am, I think I've set out my thoughts on the pricing, and I agree with discussing with each other who is looking for Majesty. As for what Archon Twist was saying about minding the laws, I agree. Thankfully, there are no specific laws against having significant Prestation on someone. We should definitely just mind how we use the Boons we are owed to make sure we're within the laws."

It would be a significant boon indeed that would make someone break the Law, but at the Blood level, that sort of thing was possible.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's composure and silence set Clara's nerves at ease. Vivian's words were measured, but she clearly wanted to move on. More importantly, John settled back into his chair even if he was a bit sulky. Lina had to get a last swipe in at John and maybe at Clara as well. Guess we really are a family. Everyone even has a niche part to play.

Clara settled into her chair and smiled at Vivian's acknowledgement. "Thank you for taking my suggestion into consideration, Seneschal York." She offered Twist a deferential nod. No words, only gratitude for the matter that had been settled. Clara pushed aside thinking what if's and what might happen after tonight. Instead she focused on what was right in front of her: the devil in the details. "Lina speaks truly. The Old ways are usually best and Boons are flexible. I'd say since these are our tricks, it'd warrant a Major debt." Her transparent sleeves were being readjusted by black manicured nails as she continued. "Are there any candidates who've asked for this, our most treasured Discipline? I personally can say no one has approached me." The question was light and said in Clara's relaxed breathy voice.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watched Davis as he fought for composure and though it did not look easy, eventually won. As he resumed his seat, she nodded once, the matter settled in her mind for the moment.

Her gaze relaxed slightly as she turned to the other topic that Vivian had broached.

"I believe it was mentioned earlier that this is all in preperation for when such an event does happen. But that currently none have approached." She glanced to Vivian, allowing for a correction if she was in error on this statement.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva nodded to Davis after he'd made his decision to stay. With that, she hoped that subject was laid to rest for at least tonight.

There were many things that could have came of this discussion, but they worked out better than she'd hoped. "Agreed Lina, I would hope no one would break any laws. It would reflect poorly on any family." Nodding to Twist as a thank you for the reminder.

Vivian shook her head to Clara. "No one has asked me for Majesty as of yet. I am sure other Families may have their own 'price' if they discuss it. We will see what happens."

Since two topics were now cleared, it was time to move on to the final topic. "We have one more topic to discuss for the evening. Since I am Seneschal to the Prince and our family is growing, if I am tied up in any aspect during Court gatherings or other nights, it may put new Kindred to the Domain in a bind. I was thinking of shifting Priscus to another in case these circumstances arise."

Opening her arms toward Lina, Davis, and Clara she smiled. "With that being said, I would like for each of you to make a case for yourself to be the next Priscus." Vivian wasn't attempting to pit the three against each other, but, to see who could lead would be telling.

Please apply the proper social rolls to your speeches, arguments, etc.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina didn't hesitate. She went in on the verse, smooth as silk and arguing on the nature of power.

"What is a Priscus?"

It obviously wasn't some neonate question. Rhetorical. Look deeper at what this position really means. Lina didn't have a forceful personality. What she had was a smooth tongue. Time to use it.

"I mean, when you cut down to it, Prisci are powerful, credible figures within the Clan who the Clan trusts to represent them with skill, wit and savvy. It's about responsibility, the will to act on behalf of your Clan with vision and certainty, and having the trust and respect of your people - if not as subordinates, then as Elders who know they can count on the Priscus to advance the Clan's interests as a whole." Lina remembered her audience, the crushing Beast of Vivian York, the silent but powerful reputation of Twist.

"So let's talk about responsibility for a second and the will to act. I lead the second largest Covenant in this city. I find supernatural sites and secure them for the Masquerade. The Hunter menace in this city? It was Archon Twist and I organizing the Domain's response, and that response was a Daeva response. Infiltrate. Gather intelligence through our skills. A soft touch, designed to tease out all the juicy details so that we could react with precision and bring matters to their perfect end. I haven't been here long, but I take responsibility. You can count on me to advance our interests, because I have the will to act and the ability to act with savvy."

To each, that would mean its own thing. Even when it came to her issues with Davis, she was trying to help him. Some just needed a... firmer hand.

"As for having the respect of my Clanmates? Madam Seneschal, Ms. Verne - and even you, Mr. Davis, in spite of our disagreements - have stated very publicly that you think well of me. That I am driven. Capable. Full of potential." She chuckled. "And spunk, even." The Grand Wyrm glanced to Davis and gave him a half-smile. Twist hadn't chimed in about her publicly yet, and she wouldn't presume. Moretti smiled, the vivacious Humanity still there. "Elder Twist, I can only hope that you will also trust me to use all those things they saw in me to get our Clan places, because I will."

The little Daeva paused for a moment.

"I think I've covered it, really. I get it done, and as Priscus, you know I'll get it done for you, too."

Nod.

6 sux Persuasion
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-06 11:17:08 Lina Moretti rolls 11 to Manipulation + Persuasion + SL + Status (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 10, 2, 8, 6, 9, 6, 9, 9, 10, 1, 2, 7 6 successes

J
    John Davis

Davis had to pause a moment to be sure he heard correctly that York was indeed stepping down as Priscus. While she talked, he pulled a cigar out of his breast pocket. He was uncertain of the Nox's smoking policies so restricted himself to merely enjoying its aroma. He waved it in front of his nose a few times before placing it in his mouth to chew on. The oral fixation served to further sooth his beast.

Then Lina jumped out of the gate with her lengthy lecture on how she would be best for the post. Davis listened intently and had to concede when Moretti quoted his public words regarding her value. Davis betrayed a nod of affirmation only, he could not deny his words.

When she finished, Davis provided a golf clap of acknowledgment. "Very good, cousin. Better words have "yet" to be spoken." Yet.

"I guess I shall present my case, one way or another. Lina's answer to her question, what is a Priscus? Although eloquent, concise, and in some circles sufficient. It does lack the important bearing that the Secret Estate might overlook. And that is that the position of Priscus is conferred by right of age. Now, I'm not interested in who here have the longest fangs. I myself am a bit long in the tooth so to speak. And as much as I would like, nay, love to serve in the honored position as your Prisci, it, of course, would be a position I would dutifully serve only with the support of my kin. Then comes the question of Whip, and I will be most candidly honest, would any present willingly serve beneath me or have me serve beneath them? I would hope that the answer to either would be yes. So do we honor tradition and bestow this honor upon the rightful eldest amongst us who would have it? Or do we shirk tradition and do this diplomatically like a group of Carthians?" Davis finished his speech with a wag of his cigar between his teeth.

Davis wanted the position only because it made his plans easier. The unwanted attention it would draw however and the distraction it would cause caused the post's luster to tarnish. These ladies would rather take a stake to the chest than ever see me sit in a position of power over them. I should cut my losses and leave this damned city before I find myself on the receiving end of a wooden one-way ticket to Ashville.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-06 21:07:36 John Davis rolls 12 to Manipulate and Persuade the Davea to choose him, Manipulation + Persuasion + SL + Willpower (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 8, 1, 6, 3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 6 2 successes

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.