Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"You speak like one who is accustomed to lying, Sir Rhodes," Lucifer replied, using her own spoon to carve a hunk of chocolate from her tub. Her eyes moved between the two men, a hint of mischief dancing alongside the candle flames in her eyes.

"You use far too many words to convey the simplest of concepts," she chided, gesturing at the floral sorcerer with her dripping spoon. "To answer your question, Billy, yes, we are like you. Mister Rhodes and I have met once before*, though perhaps he does not remember. You may call me Lucifer. I am something of a community leader for people such as us. Though, you do know that it can be dangerous to mention that you've met people like us, don't you? Particularly with the pledge that we have both made."

*So, continuity is weird, and I'm not going to reference it much more, but Eternal Seasons will close before this thread, and thus enter continuity first.
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

0 Scenes

The Summer Solstice is a Sticky! So it enters continuity the day it's opened instead of when it ends, like other scenes. So Lucifer and Rhodes definitely know each other

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Dammit! I didn't realise the court was a Sticky - there aren't any Sticky threads in Werewolf so I forgot about that type of thread.

Rhodes blatantly rolls his eyes at the "community leader" comment, and tuts audibly. "More it is one I merely wish to forget. I am accustomed to being lied to, my naive Morning star. There is much benefit to deal in specifics, something every proficient member of our little grouping should be aware of." After the Solstice, Rhodes severely doubted Lucifer's ability to lead the Ashern Court. Fear she could wield, but she used it like a club, brazen and obvious, driving all away. Poking a dragon in the eye is rarely a wise move, but Rhodes cannot resist a small barb at his ambitious counterpart.

He gestures towards the soot-covered changeling munching his ice-cream. "Young Billy here has escaped, and that is commendable... but one of our kin unawared of such things may quickly perform acts that are noticable. An opportunity for... Others," he stresses the word carefully, "to find their Lost playthings. You are, dear boy, out of the Hedge, but not out of the woods. But we can help, if you are willing, and no pawn of what lies beyond from whence you came."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

B
    Billy Jones

To Rhodes, Billy doesn't seem like he's lying. The young Elemental looks nervous, and maybe a bit ragged, but that would match his story perfectly.

"Okay Rhodes and... Lucifer."
    He takes his time answering their questions, clearly enjoying his indulgence. First, to Rhodes. "You know where I've been. Over There. Same place everyone else like us gets sent." As the words leave his lips, he seems distracted by something.

Optional Wits + Empathy roll.

He addresses Lucifer next. "I get that: you don't want to get caught again. Neither do I." He flourishes a little with the plastic spoon. "You can count on me."

He seems a little put off by the tension between the two, arching a brow and letting them go back and forth. Once Rhodes brings him up again, he swallows his mouthful and chimes in. "I'm no pawn or whatever. I mean, I pretty much staked my life on not 'harming or hindering' Lucifer here. But you're right about the... Others." He lowers his voice as best he can, looking this way and that before continuing. "What year is it?"

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"There, there, now, Billy," Lucifer soothed, pausing to lick a drip of chocolate from her spoon. "As quarrelsome and judgmental as Sir Rhodes has proven himself to be, he truly does have your best interests at heart. As do I, though you of course know that based off of the pledge which we swore. With Rhodes, you can tell by the chill breeze that hovers around him, even if the breeze is a little too brazen for my tastes. This is what we call a mantle, and proves that he is an enemy of those who took us, and most likely an ally of yours. It is best to keep your wits about you, however. He does look like the type to own a blank, panel van."

She let out a short bark of queer laughter at her joke, the pitch and tone twisting oddly together, though she sobered quickly.

"As for the year, you'll have to remember to breathe, Billy, dear. Remember to breathe. The year is two thousand and eighteen, and there is much discontent in the country. To both our benefit, and our detriment."
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).

6. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-23 04:51:19 Rhodes rolls 8 to Secrets, secrets... Wits + Empathy + specialsation (10 Again) 3, 9, 7, 8, 5, 1, 5, 2 2 successes

Rhodes archs an eyebrow ever so slightlyas Billy replies. Something is amiss....

"Lady Lucifer, you are unquestonably this Freehold's foremost expert on what is judgemental and brazen," the Flowering retorts drily. "The strength of a Mantle only dictates such trivialities as embodiment of our court's ideals, of which emotion is but a fraction." He smirks. "As for unmarked vans, appearences are deceptive. The most beautiful of roses still punishes the most helpful gardener with the sharpest thorns, and holds the ugliest of twisted roots beneath the surface. But conversations for another time, I think, yes?"

The Fairest turns back to Billy, his tone softening. "In escaping back to this world you must have endured much. So have we all. We have suffered the same kinds of punishment, and would seek never to return to it. My caution is not without reason, and is nothing against you, but a necessity." He stops, thinking. "You did accept Lucifer's pledge, which adds some reassurance. It means you know of the power such words have to us. Break that oath, and your life will be forfeit. But that oath protects neither myself, not the others that have ever escaped. I would ask something similar, to reassure others who meet you of your sincerity. But not a year, I think - I would not wish you to be bound for a year twice in one day."

Rhodes closes his eyes for a moment, and takes a deep breath, feeling the power run through the words. It never gets old.
    "To assure the protection of our bretheren, bretheren in this oath being those once human that have returned to the human world from Arcadia, I swear upon the name of my Keeper, Ophellia the Eternal Gardener, that would seek me were my word broken, that I will not aid any of the Arcadian Gentry against my bretheren, the aforementioned. For one turn of the season, I hold this vow, blessing my understanding of my bretheren, so defined before, lest my words and deeds be cursed to great misfortune." He smiles serenely on Billy. "If you hold true to your word, swear it upon the name of your Keeper, who will seek you should your word prove false, and bind the vow that demonstrates your sincerity not just to one but to all our bretheren, so named, that escaped from Arcadia."

The great thing about creating a raw pledge, is you get to name it!
    Oath of Gentry's Denial:
    Task: Forbiddance -1
    Blessing: Lesser Adroitness (Empathy) +1
    Sanction: Curse -2
    Duration: Season +2
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    B
    Billy Jones

Rhodes can tell, right smack at the young man's use of 'everyone', that something is wrong. The tension in his face and unwillingness to look at either of them in the eye says he's got someone on his mind.

Billy's mouth twists into his best attempt to empathize with Luci's humor. Needless to say, his smile doesn't seem totally enthusiastic.

When the beautiful Autumn reveals the year, the Elemental's eyes widen. "That's... that's impossible! I was seven years old when they caught me!" He pauses to look down at himself. "I... I don't know how long it's been. But it felt like forever. My... sister?" His face twists into an agonized mask. Tears well up in his eyes as he searches Luci's and Rhodes'. "My big sister's younger than me. Dangit! You guys have to help me find her!"

Billy looks too distraught to really commit, but again he seems to agree with the proposed pledge. "I swear it. On Queen Lasair. I will never aid the Arcadians against our brethren." Billy nods solemnly. He seems all-too-eager to gain as many allies as he can.

Go ahead and add your Pledge to the pledges thread. Looks like Billy is going to be really good at empathy....

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes finishes the pledge with an inclining of the head. "The pledge is sealed."

He reaces into his pocket and pulls our a dark brown hankerchief, which he offers. "As for your situation - impossible? Sadly not. Just merely highly improbable," the Fairest says gently. "Time passes strangely in Arcadia - it blurs and changes. Some of us age years while humanity loses seconds, and some remain budding youths as the world turns decades without them. I understand, I truly do." He leaves the implication unsaid.

Mulling over Billy's words, Rhodes idly rubs his chin with his forefinger before continuing reassuredly. "Come now, William. If you want help, you must find strength through your fear. First, we would know how long has passed since you were taken. It can matter. You may need to accept your old life may no longer be open to you. Second you said the same place everyone gets sent - but Arcadia is vast. Such a thing is like saying we were on the same continent. Your sister... was she taken as well? Is she still on the other side?"

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask

Mien

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Calm now, young Billy. We will help you find your sister," Lucifer promised, placing a soothing hand on his shoulder even as she turned her satanic gaze upon the warlock next to them. It was wise to extract such a pledge from their new...project...but she did not trust the man. He was entirely too slippery for trust to be a possibility, even if his intentions seemed to be pure.

13. Likes Xadun liked this post
    B
    Billy Jones

The young man listens to Rhodes, but he's too stricken to properly respond. Billy just shakes his head. Repeatedly. In fervent denial or just an unwillingness to understand. Only Rhode's mention of 'understanding' seems to click. In a precious moment, amid his inability to process, he looks at Rhodes with... compassion? Or perhaps the term 'brethren' becomes more real to him then.

"How long? I don't know... months? Days..."
    Billy isn't able to keep scooping away at the ice cream. "It was summer when I got captured. Summer of this year."

"Katie wasn't with me when they came. Crap! I don't know if she's safe or not."
    His eyes beseech the informative Rhodes, then the comforting Lucifer with her hand on his shoulder. "She's special." His voice drops to a paranoid whisper. "She's like us. But if she's still out here? She's never been where we've been. She's never been to Arcadia."

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.