Ended
Watch

The First Lesson

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Krieg

Mable Wood expressed interest in the Circle of the Crone. Thus tonight would be the first time together when Krieg would teach her about The People of the Land. In the forest where they consecrated the ground, he waited patiently by a battery lantern.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

To say that Mable was excited to learn more about the Circle was an understatement. She now felt like she had a purpose. "Birds flying high...You know how I feel" She finally had found what she was made for. "Sun in the sky...You know how I feel" She sang out loud all the way through the forest to meet Krieg. "Reeds driftin' on by...You know how I feel" Krieg. He was simply marvelous. He totally got her. He understood. He was supportive. "It's a new dawn." Mable looked up at the sky. "It's a new day." She threw her arms open. "It's a new life...For me" She gave a spin, "And I'm feeling good." She burst into the clearing, "I'm feeling good."

She gave a huge smile,
    "Good evening, Krieg." Her voice was full of laughter and joy.

3. Likes liked this post
    K
    Krieg

The giant stands in stoic form observing the Gangrel's approach. Her Beast still stirred the primal fear. He was grateful to have his Mask, as it would not tempt hers.

"Good evening, Mable," he replied cordially. "Tonight, I will be teaching you about the People of the Land." He gestured to the runes that he carved into the ground from their last encounter. They remained as they were. "As you know, they are a faction that tends to avoid major cities. Being that cities are expanding every day, that brings the faction into conflict with their practices. As odd as this will sound, this is a tribulation. Tribulation brings enlightenment. Perhaps they will become more efficient hunters as they adapt to their new concrete environments."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

All business. Got it. Mable quickly went to his side and looked at the runes again. "I want to be able to study about runes. Are these egyptian hyroglyphs or sandscript? And what do these spaces mean?" She points the several spaces between different rune clusters.

Then she looks up, "That makes sense that the hunters have to adapt to changes. Even without the cities building up, the environment changes over time and beasts of all sorts need to change and adapt."

K
    Krieg

Krieg knelt down to the runes, "They are neither hieroglyphics nor sanskrit, no. The runes are ancient language known as Early Futhark. It is part of the Germanic languages before Europe adopted the Latin alphabet." The Skald pointed to the spacing, "That marked the end of word. Early Latin and Greek did not have spaces between words. When written part of Latin spread, spaces between words became a linguistic rule."

He then arose to full height. "It was the Roman Empire's Latin that cast the Germanic languages to the dust bin of history. It is a living example of a tribulation that proved too difficult to face. Yet, it survived and has been preserved."

"Everything, and I do mean everything caught within the gravitational pull of Mother Earth, experiences tribulation. It is the knowledge we gain from that experience that brings enlightenment."

Krieg reached out to take hold of Mable's hands. "The People are a pantheistic, the countless goddesses in myth and legend are avatars of the same woman. The first tenet is Honor Thy Mother. You have already taken that first step even before you met me. The duty of the People is to ensure the continued preservation and eventually, reclamation of The Green. The ever encroaching Gray can be dealt with in a variety of ways. Urban gardens are catching on. You can thank those from this faction for such a trend."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods, "How do you spell Foot-hark? I would like to start studying about it and try to learn some of it."

Mable thought a moment about tribulation, "I can see how everything in and on Mother Earth suffers and has struggles. Mostly because everything is fighting for survival and there are limited resources. That's why I feel I need to protect those resources."

Krieg takes her hands. She feels the welcoming chill that emanates off of him. "I can see how the Path of the People fits me and my mission in life. And I do try to Honor Thy Mother, especially since I now understand that she is the creator of all of this."

K
    Krieg

Krieg replied with the spelling of the language in the form of names, "Franklin-Ulysses-Thomas-Henry-Andrew-Reginald-Kevin, Futhark."

Mable's assessments received a nod of approval. "You're a quick learner." His large hands gripped her fingers gently.

The lesson continued. "The second tenet is of Beasts and Men. Great cats, bears, and birds of prey, they hunt what provides the most nourishment. A mountain lion does not waste its energy trying to catch a field mouse." The bald man's head gleamed briefly in a spot of moonlight.

"For us, there is grazing and there is hunting. Grazing is feeding to sustain yourself because you must. Hunting is a ceremony. It is an act of devotion and mercy. It is a particular time of the year, a prey you wish to challenge yourself with, virtually anything that you feel is worthy to honor the Goddess."

"The most critical criteria is that consumption is merciful. Yes, hunting and feeding may be torturous for the prey, but that is inadvertent and unintentional."
    Krieg shrugged his large shoulders. Then he squeezed her hands tightly for emphasis. "Visiting needless suffering upon the food shows a grotesque misunderstanding of the natural order."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you for the spelling." She smiled at his patience.

Mable gazed at Krieg's large shoulders as he shrugged them considering the strength within the man, yet he held her hands so gently. She then brought her mind back to task. "Mercy is the quick kill that the wild animal may do. Such as the quick jerk of movement to break the prey's neck. And not like the way a cat is with a mouse, playing with the poor frightened creature. The eagle swoops in quickly to capture it's prey which also means that prey is not chased down in a torturous manner. Everything needs nourishment, but it is the way we go about it. And if we can, we should use every bit of our resources. When a deer is killed by a lion, the whole family eats. When they are done the next group of animals come in and feed, and finally the vultures and insects. The rest is then left to nourish the land. No torture when necessary and no waste when possible."

K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded to Mable. "I must confess that you are truly a rare breed." His fingers wove together with hers. "If I didn't know you better, I'd swear you were already a member." A pause passed between them, he shrugged. "Tonight's lesson has concluded. The People keep a very simple approach and you have demonstrated an inherent understanding of their philosophy."

The giant's fingers gently eased their way apart from her fingers, and slithered down to her wrists. He knelt before the Gangrel. "Now, we can relax with one another."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Wow. I guess I have been practicing all my life for the People." She beamed at the compliment.

"Mm, relaxing sounds nice." She felt so light hearted it was probably good he was holding her wrists.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.