Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Heads" she said reflexively. A man's life on a coin flip. Don't think about it. It came up in her favor and relief washed over Clara.

Now there were the logistics of staging a body. There's no way that doesn't have risk. Just methods that require more nerve than others. Cold. Get cold.

She walked over to her bag and fished out an unmarked handgun to offer Aaron. Another thought came to her as she considered the logistics of transporting the body and being discovered. She was remembering case files she'd studied in another life of sick men she'd never had considered for inspiration. "What if we cut off a thumb or something and wrap it in Tribulation Militia pamphlet or something else? Leave it at the safehouse you want to go to?"

She paused and furrowed her brow. "Sorry, I'm used to solving these. Not even, really--everything I say is just me thinking what could we do different. What should have been done different if the criminal wanted to get away with it. It's different when you're the one setting the scene up."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-08 23:04:23 Clara E. Verne rolls 1 to toss a coin (10 Again) 7 failure
    If we have a pamphlet left over from the previous thread, that's what my toon would go for Yumyumcrow .

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Tribulation Militia pamphlet is still available Riks

Jed the Hunter is in position to resist. However...

Chopping off a finger will be a test of Clara's remaining Humanity. She will need to resist a Humanity drop with 2 dice.. If she fails, then her Humanity will drop by 1.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron loses the coin toss and murmurs a soft, 'Damn.'

When Clara hands him the gun however, he holds his hands up in refusal. Not his style. He would hardly know how to hold the thing. And it seems like an incredibly messy way to kill. 'No thanks.' Instead he flexes his hands and then clenches his fists. He'd do this differently.

'You mean instead of dropping the whole body off somewhere? That seems like an efficient solution.'
    The Daeva is showing a certain creativity when it comes to this situation. It makes Aaron uncertain if she has really never done anything similar before.

But it doesn't matter too much. 'We just need to tie up this loose end. We got our info from him. Any other result is quite unpredictable.' With that said, he turns back to Jed the Hunter. A man who got himself in a miserable situation. It leaves the interrogation team with few options.

'Time to end this.'

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-09 16:55:09 Aaron van Valen rolls 7 to Grab the hunter / go for a bite (Strength + Brawl+Spec) (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 9, 8, 7, 8 3 successes

Do I need to roll for this? Or is it more a 'killing blow' kind of situation? Anyhow, my intention is bite Jed and get a good taste of his blood, taking 3 Vitae, and then strangle his weakened body (with hopefully still some blood left in him).

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jed the Hunter's eye's grow wild and rabid. He smiles, his ashen face brightening, as if he might actually find some pleasure in this final act.

Jed is weak from infection and fatigue. He does not pose a threaten, struggle though he might. The Hunter's blood is weak and flat in the Lord's mouth; there is no pleasure in taking his life. In fact, it leaves Aaron's rarified palette feeling unclean.

I'm assuming this is a Killing Blow.

He has also deliberately and knowingly taken a life. He must resist degeneration as well - roll 2 dice.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Sorry I couldn't wait haha, see this as a continuation of my previous post

The look in Jed's eyes makes Aaron feel for the man even more. Not so much because he is about to kill him, but because the man he probably once was is already gone.

As he kneels down and grabs the man by his head, he utters some last words. 'Sorry you see us as evil.' Then he leans in to go for the hunter's throat with his fangs out.

Ugh.

It was not like he expected the man to taste good, but this was particularly bad. Like a wine affected by cork taint. It makes it easy to stop drinking. But then he'd have to actually kill the man with his bare hands. For little more than his own convenience. His strong undead hands make quick work of the hunter.

That is how Aaron would have to remember him. As a hunter. A threat to the Domain no matter how weak. It gives him no satisfaction. But it makes it less an act of mindless killing. As he feels the life force of the struggling man decrease, he first realizes how long it still takes to kill someone like this, and then how glad he is to be able to let go.

Back to Clara, 'I think you can... do your thing.'

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-10 17:33:34 Aaron van Valen rolls 2 to humanity (10 Again) 2, 10, 7 1 success

7. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara saw it all. She had tapped into her Vampiric Senses earlier to track Jed's vitals, and she couldn't shut herself off to each and every minute detail.

He'd do the same. He'd burn me and feel nothing. Cold. Get cold.

She didn't think too much on what they were doing. Murdering a man and framing someone else for the crime. The woman who learned how to get away with this would be disgusted with me. Clara shut that thought off and thought cynically. She's dead. She's been dead. Let the dead lie and fight for your eternity.

She walked over to the limp body and chopped off the right index finger surgically and with no hesitation. She then wrapped the finger in the Tribulation Militia pamphlet.

She was the one with all the bright ideas. It's be a show of weakness if she couldn't follow through.

"Done. We have people that can dispose of the body while we continue the dangerous work, yes?"

No worries! It's a great post and I don't mind being skipped when I had nothing to contribute at the moment of skipping, lol.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-11 00:12:23 Clara E. Verne rolls 2 to Humanity (10 Again) 9, 5 1 success

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron gets up to gather his stuff while Clara cuts of Jed's finger.

'I'm sure, yes. This building was found by someone from the Domain. We only did the service of not starving the man any longer.'
    Or so they could tell themselves.

And Vitae is Vitae.

'So shall we drop it off immediately? At the one unmarked site. Afterwards I think it is smart to quickly take a picture of the hunter safe house - before we meet with everyone.'

Meanwhile, what would the others have been up to? So far this part of the investigation had been very clarifying. But also the one with the least threat level.

Time to wrap? Open a new scene on the road? Got any Drive, just in case?

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara lugged her gym bag over a shoulder. The false life in her face was fading.

"Awful way to go. Starving, that is," she murmured in agreement. The less they thought about it, the better.

"Great." She said in response to Aaron's suggestions. She had had enough of her own brilliant schemes for the night.

Yeah, I'm cool for a wrap if YYC is cool with it. And LOL Nooooooooo. Clara is the worst driver and her CS reflects it.

12. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread