(On the Hunt) Warehouse

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a warehouse.

Its like many warehouses: ugly and old and worn. This one is squeezed onto a tiny lot; with tiny old fashioned parking bays; and tiny old fashioned doors. The paintwork looks like it has survived decades. The tarmac parking lot is pitted, scarred, and criss crossed with repair work. Nasty walls, surmounted with wire mesh and raggedy barbed wire, enclose the place. Not far away there is light from brand new developments...

...But this lot faces the other way. It might as well be on a different planet.

And this building knows it.

This building has been through that many owners it no longer cares. It is a cold place. Impersonal. Threatening.

Tonight the building holds a prisoner...

@Aaron van Valen Dark Passenger @Clara. E. Verne Riks your interrogation starts here. Enjoy.

2. Likes Riks, liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The duffel bag dropped to the worn asphalt with a flop. Clara made a quick glance around to take in the neighborhood. She didn't like it. After a beat, the woman removed the the baggy dark green sweatshirt and revealed a form-fitting gray tank top. She then peeled off gray sweatpants and adjusted the hem of black running shorts that left her legs bare. She took care to fold her outerwear and pack them neatly into the duffel bag.

Then came the worst bit. She slid out of cream colored high top sneakers, carefully tucked pink socks with puff balls on the heels into them, and gently placed them into the duffel bag. Now she took a moment to walk around on her bare feet and let her toes dig into the residue and dirt that was left on the neglected asphalt. Aaron van Valen was next to a stranger for Clara and she was uncomfortable working with a big unknown, but needs must when the devil drives. She fished out her smartphone from the neatly folded pile of clothes to check the time and to see if he'd messaged her.

Percep 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-13 22:42:59 Clara E. Verne rolls 6 to Perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 1, 2, 7 1 success
    1/2 inch kevlar vest (light), generic handgun, and smartphone (silent) in the duffel bag. Yumyumcrow , would Clara have been able to get the picture Izzy took at the scene? If it's at Court, could we claim that Clara has knowledge of it or took a picture of it?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron arrives from around the corner, on foot. He had parked his car a few blocks away to attract less attention to the safe house. He was excited to get to this challenge - interrogating a Hunter. And he's very curious to work with the Daeva he met just a while ago. As soon as he sees her, he stops. Outside here their Beasts meet each other on a whole different level. They could just fight this out and the victor would do the interrogation alone. Their plan would work just as well with her beaten into Torpor...

No, no no.

He calms himself and approaches her. 'Good evening.' Aaron is wearing an all black outfit, with a leather jacket and gloves. He has a backpack with some useful things. Water, rope, a pocket knife, some basic medical gear to be able to patch a human up. In case Disciplines failed them.

The Dragon looks around, quickly, to check if they're alone. Then he speaks up softly, to discuss their plan.

'So we go with our original plan? Make it like I'm also dragging you in here? Cause I'm wondering how he will perceive you. Since you were with our other friends, right, even if you didn't act violently against them?'
    He notices how Clara is already dressing for the part, with her toes in the dirt on the ground.

'In that case, I could do an initial interrogation. And then leave you with him for a while. Just saying, I can act a little, but I'm not exactly a great liar.'

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I'll go with that Riks . Between planning and Court, it would fit that relevant information was passed on.

I'll note the perception check once Clara and Aaron enter the warehouse. There is nothing else to see outside.

7. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

The rush of an approaching challenger elicited a small gasp from Clara. She glanced over her shoulder to see the Dragon Lord had arrived with a suspicious-looking backpack. "A good evening for dark deeds." She said in a voice that dripped with murderous intent; in that exact moment, she couldn't decide to whom it was directed.

She was thinking back on her previous pitch. A heat of the moment idea that sounded good, but she had no reason to think it'd hold water. "Sure, I'm not married to the idea." She crouched down in front of her bag to hand two things to the Lord. First, a creased print out with several sites listed on it, all marked off with red strikes except for one. Secondly, she handed him a photo of ten people seated around a long table at some sort of steak house; on the back is scrawled "The Bush Whackers".

She took a moment to indicate two men in the photo. "That one died that night. Goto ended him. THAT one is tonight's lucky boy. The list--not sure what that's about. We found it in the pick-up truck." She shrugged and then intoned lightly, "And please, call me Clara when we're not around him. There are few things more intimate than an interrogation," she punctuated her statement with a wink. "Any preference on title or name?" She asked over her shoulder as she picked up her bag and started to walk towards the world's most suspicious warehouse. The pull to bludgeon the Lord into eclipse had subsided into the background.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron responds with a short nod, 'Good thing is, we can always change the plan halfway through. If at some point we both turn on him and he realizes it was an act, it doesn't make our powers less relevant.'

When Clara hands him the picture he takes a close look. The Bush Whackers? 'Perfect. More information. So some of these faces might belong to "Jed" or "Moretti" and who knows, perhaps even to one of our other big bosses.' They have so many names now. 'And we'll have to find out about the list.'

He puts them both into one of his pockets.

'Aaron is fine for me.' He shrugs. 'So what's your story? How did I catch you? I probably suspect you're a hunter too. And... you should probably look a little more alive then?'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

"True. I mean, there's no real fooling a hunter. They all know us but they'll reason it away if you give them half an excuse to doubt." As she said this, Clara coaxed life into her limbs, stretched out her face with yawns, and surprised herself with a sneeze.

Her head tilted at his listing off names. Right. Moreetti's whiteboard. "Might be the list was related to the symbols?" She asked the question off the cuff and forgot it as soon as he asked her the story.

"I'm more of an innocent bystander, don'cha think? Some girl who saw too much and was captured that night, along with him. I have a sweet younger brother who you've been threatening and can't bear to live life without him." She held up her bag to hand off to the Lord. "Two bags makes it look like you've got a fun night planned," she explained. "At this point, he might know he's dead and could have made peace with it. I'm thinking it might be smart of us to get him to accept that and save every hand he's ever shaken and every date he's ever had. People that aren't connected to the hunt he's on. If he's moral, it'll strike a chord. If he's selfish, he'll want to save his friends and family." She ended by meeting Aaron's gaze. "Course we might have to go your Clan's route should he be the sort who has no other family other than the men in that picture." She then shrugged, mirroring Aaron's earlier shrug. "Anyway, that's what I thought I might be a good motivation. My story just brings all that to the forefront as a carrot and you can be the stick. Penny for your thoughts?" Then, all at once her face lit up with epiphany. "Should I be tied up for this? I didn't bring rope."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Expending Vitae for bookkeeping

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron hopes that what Clara says is true, or at least based on some actual experience. He doubts it, they're hunters for a reason. But then again, he has no idea how they actually hunt.

'Alright. Innocent bystander that I have actually no idea what to do with. But I suspect you might not be entirely innocent, which is why I brought you here. Also, if I cannot get him to save his family and friends, he might just care for your pretty face,'
    Aaron says it with a playful wink, but not at all in a seductive way.

'I have rope, but that might not be necessary.'
    Could be fun. 'Just look like you've lost all motivation to escape. I'm controlling your mind, so just follow my demands. Ready?'

He grabs her by the arm, mouths a silent 'sorry', before dragging her along towards the warehouse. It feels weird, having to pretend he knows and owns the place. Since they're the interrogators. But for now, the old building has quite a threatening appearance to the Lord - and he's on his watch as he makes his way inside.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-17 03:47:43 Aaron van Valen rolls 6 to Perception (Wits 3 + Composure 3) (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 5, 4, 10, 7 1 success

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fun fact: now that Clara has had a chance to look at the picture she can make out dead 'Moretti' is there, propping up a corner of the photo. He looks guarded.

So does his friend, their prisoner. He was trying to hide behind 'Moretti's' bulk.

14. Likes Riks liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread