Markos enters the Sundown and walks to the Reeve's office. He knocks on the door...

Arnold's voice sounds from within "Enter"

Mark turns the handle and enters the room, "Hello sir, do yah have ah few minutes?"

Arnold nods "Sure." He rests his elbows on his desk, folding his hands together and looking at Markos "What do you need?"

"Have yah had ah chance to review tha photos Ah sent yah?" Markos asks him as he stands in front of the Reeve's Desk.

"Ah, yes. I have. I had some questions. Where do you plan to go with what you've discovered? You hope to blackmail these men? To what end?"

"Some of mah best informants in New England were city officials. Police, an Assistant DA, Secretary to ah Judge, and ah Court Stenographer, Just as examples. Ah hope tah encourage them into giving me, and us, information and opportunities."

"These are ruthless men. How can you be so sure that you won't be walking into an ambush?"

"Ah am planning on it actually. They shoot me, check for ah pulse. The wont find one. Mah camera will catch it all and the video will end up back on his desk. Stating that Ah was actually ah Currier and that Det Rodregues will do exactly what we want or the other copy of the video will end up on the desk of the Newspaper."

Arnold shakes his head "Your plan is very risky. There are too many variables. What if they attempt to dispose of the evidence? If anything goes wrong, to survive, you'll have to kill these men. If you do not succeed in doing so you will have breached the Masquerade. I'm sorry, but I cannot endorse that plan. Do you have any other ideas?"

Mark gets a disappointed look on his face, "Ah understand, Ah am disappointed but Ah understand, sir. You have been doing this ah lot longer then me. What do yah recommend sir?"

Arnold leans back in the chair, which creaks a bit "Arrange a meeting in a public place, such as a diner or a night club. If you control where the meeting takes place then you control the meeting. Or you can maintain a purely electronic discourse, e-mails and such. At least until you're a little more knowledgeable as to how these men operate. Discretion must be held in high regard, especially with Kine Police"

Mark nods his head, "There is ah coffee shop that Police frequent. Its called Dee's Nuts. Ah thought about setting a meeting there. He would never try anything with other cops around. Ah just feel that getting these men in our debt could be extremely beneficial, But if yah wish Ah will back off and go another route."

"No, I agree with you that police contacts would be very beneficial. These things must be done carefully, however. You're on the right track, though, there's no doubt about that. So you meet these officers. Present your photos. They ask you what you want. What is your response?"

"Well there are two routes Ah can take. Ah have done both before. One, ah cut of there dirty money, They cut me in on there deals and Ah keep my mouth shut. The other, nothing... yet. Tell them that Ah don't want anything right now, but Ah will in the future and they will come through..." Mark starts to pace when he talks to the Reeve, He is very serious in what he says. His tone is all business.

Arnold raises an eyebrow, watching the Deputy pace the office "And what is more valuable to you? Cash or favors?"

Mark stops pacing and turns to the Reeve. Mark gets a look of revelation on his face. "Favors, one thing mah sire taught me was that ah Man's soul is worth more than any amount of money. She was ah vindictive woman..."

"She sounds like she was an intelligent woman. She met Final Death?"

"Ah woke up from Day sleep and she was gone. The only things that was left was ah note saying it was 'time tah leave the nest little birdy' an ATM card and my motorcycle." It is obvious that this is a touchy subject for Markos as he looks to the floor.

"You seem to have fared well enough." Arnold sits forward again, placing his hands on the desk "So you will ask for a favor in the future. That is fine with me."

"So Ah have your blessing then?" Mark asks the Reeve

Arnold smirks "My blessing? Yes. You have my approval to proceed, provided you are very careful. I was wondering, have you met Sacramento's other Deputies?"

Markos catches the smirk and smiles knowingly "Sorry sir, Sacramento's terms are different then Boston. The Kindred there are... a bit full of themselves... No Ah haven't yet. Ah was going tah ask about that."

"They are Obsidian, Ventrue, of the Circle of the Crone, and Regina Pia who is, like you, a Daeva, and, like me, a member of the Invictus. I expect you all to get to know each other, as I envision us working together as a coterie in the future." While he speaks he jots down some information on a slip of paper, he passes it across the desk to Markos "This is their information."

He takes the paper "Thank yah sir, I will contact them shortly. If it is okay, Ah should get going. Ah have some more work to do yet tonight." Markos stands before the Reeve waiting to be dismissed.

Arnold nods "I understand. Let me make one more suggestion, which is not an order, only my advice. Find a good mortal prospect and ghoul them. Good help is hard to find, but irreplaceable once located. In any case it would give you an agent for daytime operations and would ensure you don't need to walk into dangerous meetings without someone to watch your back."

"Thank you sir, Ah appreciate the recommendation and your faith in me." Mark is genuine in his thanks. "Ah will keep you informed with any and all information Ah find."

"Good, please do. I also wanted to warn you that I may call on you soon to accompany me on some investigations into O-Yama and the Lost Nights. Until then, keep up the progress."

"Ah am always available, sir" Mark states, bows and leaves the office. Closing the door behind him.

<<End of Scene>>