Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Arson Junkyard

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

How was it that Davis always found a way of saying fifty words for things requiring only ten? Rebecca had dealt with verbose men before, but this one surpassed all expectations. But he did make some good points. "I think your assessment is right, going into the tunnels will probably be the most fruitful endeavor. But before we do, let me make a few calls to some people I know with the....'marshals'. And I'll be right back. I have to grab some additional protection if we're going into the tunnels." Rebecca stepped away, heading towards her car to retrieve her shotgun. She may just need it in the tunnels.

She placed all the samples she had collected, tagged and secured, in the trunk of her car and took out the shotgun. She knew it wasn't illegal to carry it openly, but she tried to be discreet in her handling in case a car were to drive by. As she made her way back to the junkyard she dialed her contacts and allies to find out what they knew about the event at the junkyard and what they could give her about the owners of the place and the SUV. Maybe they had collected some evidence Rebecca hadn't seen.

2 successes to Allies, 3 success to Contacts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-19 12:47:54 Rebecca Simmons rolls 4 to Contacts: Emergency Services (Man 3 + Per 1 + Contacts 1) (10 Again) 5, 10, 10, 2, 4, 8 3 successes
    2018-07-19 12:47:38 Rebecca Simmons rolls 1 to Contacts: Emergency Services (Man 3 + Per 1 + Contacts 1) (10 Again) 2 failure
    2018-07-19 12:47:20 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Allies: Emergency Services (Man 3 + Per 1 + Allies 1) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 2, 5 2 successes

Yumyumcrow I know allies and contacts provide different information or services so I rolled for both Rebecca's Allies in Emergency Services and her Contacts

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Contacts and Allies. A helpful combination where the Emergency Services are involved. Precious hours of darkness leach away - first through Simmons thorough search - and then from her thorough shake down of her friends and associates.

Good thing too! She follows several leads - interrupts at least one poker game and gives another police officer some embarrassment with the missus - but she does get in contact with the lead detective who worked the case.

She is on leave. Farmed out. Drying out. After getting caught in the cross fires of the Gang Strike Team and a federal agency that muscled in on the action. This plucky detective is having none of it! And is more than happy to drop some bombshells leak a little to demonstrate her bitter frustrations.

The Gang Strike Team apparently moved quickly to acquire jurisdiction of the case. When they moved, the feds dropped in out of nowhere - and they took all the relevant materials and vanished. The detective felt that she and her team were unjustifiably brushed aside in the whole matter. Justice has not been served. Especially since the detective is not so sure of the gang angle, given the lack go tags or anything else.

When Simmons has hung up, she spots some new(ish) graffiti on the street corner. It looks just like the tag Clara Verne described. And crucially, it looks a lot more recent than the destruction at the junk yard.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

They say loose lips sink ships, and luckily Rebecca had found some very loose lips. But there was no calm in Rebecca's heart over the information. If the feds and the Gang Strike Team had gotten themselves forcibly involved, this was much bigger than any of them could have imagined. But she couldn't focus on the big picture at the moment. The evidence she was looking for was most likely all but destroyed or hidden in some far away and locked room. What she had in front of her was the underground tunnel, and if she delayed too long daylight would be upon them.

As she hung up the phone, she noticed the graffiti on the street corner. Quickly she made her way over and took a picture of it from several angles, making sure not to leave any mark out. It was clear this tag had happened since the destruction of the Junkyard. Very telling. She took a moment to look over the area around the graffiti before moving on.

Finally she made her way back to Davis, her shotgun at her side and pointed at the ground. "It would seem there are bigger fish than us interested in this case. Both a Federal agency and the Gang Strike Team got themselves involved, pushing out the local investigator. I don't know how much was relayed to you, but this Gang Strike Team seems to be pretty important. I think it warrants further investigation after we check out the underground." Her eyes shifted back to where the graffiti was. "By the way. I just saw some peculiar graffiti. Appears, at least from Clara's description, to be the same marking you and the others saw before. It also appears to have been placed there pretty recently." She wasn't sure if Davis would want to check it out himself, since it would seem like the second time he had come across it, but she figured he should know.

She raised the shotgun and rested it on her shoulder. "I'm not very experienced with this, so I'll be relying on your protection down there. I hope we don't find reason to use violence." They were a team after all, her the brains and him the supposed brawn. Hopefully he would not disappoint her further.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 09:19:50 Rebecca Simmons rolls 3 to Investigate The Graffiti (Wit+Inv) (10 Again) 3, 4, 2 failure

J
    John Davis

Davis watched as Simmons went to work on various leads and then watched as she crossed the street to some paint on the walls. Then she returned.

"Yes, that would be the same decorative art that I saw some men covering up. Clara told you the truth. If larger agencies are involved, I think it will take more than you and I to deal with" Davis looked at the hole and Simmons' shotgun. "If we are going down there, that scattergun will be helpful, but we will also find this useful as well." Davis reached into his pocket and extracted the map he had made notes on earlier.

"This won't be my first trip underground. I can't say I am familiar with this particular tunnel but this has all the information I have gathered to date." Davis wasn't sure if he could trust Simmons but he absolutely knew he did not want to be found alone and lost underground with her. "Sanborn maps are very accurate and detailed, including underground utilities. I have even added the location of vaulted shelters. If we get caught by the rising sun, it will help us locate a safe place should the day sleep overtake us."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

All Rebecca could do was hope that a larger agency wasn't involved, but it seemed less and less likely with the more information they received. Davis then reviewed the same yellow paper she had caught him writing on before, but this time he made it clear he had been mapping out the underground. She found it very odd. Wasn't that something Haunts normally did, not Succubi? Well, who was she to judge, unless she of course she eventually became Harpy, then it would be her job to judge.

"Well then, if you've been doing some mapping of the underground, then maybe you should take the lead. I can use the shotgun to attack anyone who comes from behind. Maybe you'll even be able to map out some more while we're looking for clues." She truly hoped she wouldn't have to spend the evening with Davis, even in a survival sense. She didn't know if she could ever forgive herself.

Whether he agrees to go first or not, Rebecca is ready to go into the underground.

J
    John Davis

"Then we are set." Davis folded the map so that only the current area was showing, allowing him to hold it easily in one hand and make notations as needed. He was deliberate in his actions, carefully making sure that he could switch from mapmaking to drawing his guns. "I'll take lead and you can, what do they say in the modern militia, watch my six."

The thought of the Doc following his lead gave Davis' ego a much-needed boost. The thought of her turning her scattergun on him prevented it from showing. If the Doc can muster the strength to heel before me, then she may not be utterly untrustworthy. Davis thought. However, she has any notion of shooting me in the back like a coward, it will be a different six to twelve she will be facing. Plus two more for good measure.

Davis scrambles down into the tunnel. He turns to offer Simmons a hand down. The courteous thing to do. He doubted that she would accept the gesture for what it was, but it was offered none the same. The women of this domain continued to take offense to Davis' hospitality much to his humiliation.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Will do," she said to his mention of 'watching his six'. As he offered up his hand her eyes paused on the archaic gesture for the briefest of moments. Her instinct was to chastise him for his continued focus on antiquated actions, but after all the investigating she'd done it would simply waste more time. Her Catalyst recoiled as she accepted the hand and said, "thank you," though her mask of seriousness concealed any annoyance she had at entertaining the gesture.

Once down in the tunnel she kept the shotgun at the ready, keeping not just her sight and smell heightened, but activating her hearing as well. Hopefully he wouldn't scream unnecessarily.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-23 22:22:59 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Perception (Wit+Comp) (10 Again) 10, 3, 8, 10, 5, 4, 1 3 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The tunnel is stained and slick. It runs north-south for a short distance before joining a larger tunnel that runs east-west. This second tunnel is most definitely a sewer tunnel and the stench is almost physical.

The hunters have left no evidence of their passage.

The only noteworthy thing lies in the initial north-south tunnel. The entrance to the basement was a natural part of the tunnel, but it had been blocked up. Evidently, someone had been working at the blockage for some time, preparing for the raid.

J
    John Davis

In the tunnels, Davis takes in his surroundings.
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-24 07:25:35 John Davis rolls 5 to Perception (Wits 2 + Comp 3 = 5) (10 Again) 5, 3, 4, 3, 4 failure

Not noticing anything beyond the obvious, he jots tunnel notes on his map and when complete places the pencil inside his belt.

"Which way?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The smell engulfed Rebecca almost immediately. Luckily she did not have to smell it, so she shut that sense down completely to save herself from suffering. With nothing special to hear either she allowed that sense to revert back to normal, but she continued to maintain her sight. As she took in the space she realized there may not be much to go on. No trace was left of their passage, but she did notice that they had been working on the blockage for some time. They must have known about the Brood for some time before their attack to do that, and she doubted they traveled far through the sewers if this had been a long term plan. She looked over the entrance for a few moments but nothing other than the obvious actions on the blockage seemed to stand out.

It would seem the north/south tunnel only had one path. As Rebecca made her way towards the divide she had to make a decision on which way to go. "At this point I'm not sure which would be better. East maybe?" she said pointing in that direction.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-24 21:46:49 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Perception (Wit+Comp) (10 Again) 4, 7, 7, 1, 1 failure
    2018-07-24 21:44:31 Rebecca Simmons rolls 3 to Investigate (Wit+Inv) (10 Again) 2, 1, 1 failure

Heightened Senses (Smell and Hearing) are shut off. Only (Sight) remains.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread