Ended
Watch

Turn Off the Tap and Open the Vein

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Business and Pleasure. What an interesting combination. Rebecca sat alone at a booth in a dirty run down bar outside the Rack. Not exactly what a well-to-do woman would normally consider a 'fun' place to be. Sitting on the table in front of her sat a notebook where she was carefully detailing her observations. She could toll away in her lab all she wanted, but she needed to know what the people wanted. What drugs were people using. What drugs did people need.

Stimulants. Depressants. Hallucinogens. Dissociatives. Opioids. Inhalants. Cannabis.

She knew them all, inside and out. They all served a purpose. Everyone wanted an escape. Everyone wanted 'fun'. Rebecca was always open to expanding her supply if demand called for it. As she sat, her face a simple mask of amusement and enjoyment, her eyes carefully shifted between tables, listening carefully to the ebb and flow of conversation. Her outfit was simple as well. A plain blue shirt and jeans. Next to the notebook sat a slightly touched cocktail. Vodka Cranberry. Nothing unusual. All the better to help her blend into the bar and allow her the opportunity to observe. Who knew what she would learn tonight?

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-27 15:04:02 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 8, 4, 5, 3, 9 2 successes

R
    Rebecca Simmons

For bookkeeping

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

In nature, some predator's held territory. The apex predators, influences their territory in such profound ways; limiting herd density and controlling smaller mesopredators. Humanity, was at the apex of the food chain, but they preyed upon one and changed the ecosystem in such devastating ways. The Kindred may have been the true apex predator and humanity were really just mesopredators that had grown out of control; more likely they were parasites.

The tiny lord walked the streets, maybe held to the unconscious need to patrol, to hunt, to feed. Still, the conscious decision, was that she needed better familiarity with the changes that had occurred in the blink-of-an-eye span of two years.

Over time, patterns emerged to the lord. These seedy, run-down bars were prime grounds for a quick night cap. Honestly, any place that served alcohol worked splendidly, but these destitute establishments held an enchantment for one simple fact. This was lower society and this portion of the herd was the least likely to be missed.

Pushing her way through the door, the faintest glimpse of Rebecca instantly fueled a murderous rage. Over the next few unheeded steps, those emotions are reigned in check, as she draws closer to the Doctor.

"Evening." Ashley says with a curtsy. "In less formal company, what would be your preferential appellation?"

Ashley knew that the First Estate was into the bondage of formality, and she would oblige.

Outfit
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

R
    Rebecca Simmons

At the edges of her vision Rebecca spotted Ashley. She recalled the fellow Lord from court and so did her Catalyst. Why was it that her Catalyst would beg her to flee when she was clearly the first here? The impulse was strong, but Rebecca was stronger.

A smile and a tilt of her head was offered to the resolute Lord as she spoke. "Ah, good evening." Ashley's question brought Rebecca some slight joy. The woman was Carthian but did not disrespect the First Estate. That was a good sign for their relationship. She had dealt with many who felt that a difference in politics was enough to thumb their nose at others, even when they had more power over them.

"Well seeing as we are family, I don't think it would hurt if you called me Rebecca in less formal company, as you say. Is it alright if I call you Ashley?" It was a simple request, though how could Ashley refuse?

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Ashley is perfectly fine, Rebecca." She said with a smile. With a wave of her hand, gesturing to the seat. "May I?"

Ashley did find Rebecca seemingly out of place. It was curious to her, but she may have held the same observations on the lack of connections this lower society possessed. Still, maybe there was something else.

Social Combat

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Absolutely," she said with a smile as she pointed to the seat across from her. Rebecca discreetly closed her notebook and put it into her bag.

Two women, one reserved and one resolute, sitting in a dark seedy bar. Interesting place to have a discussion but here they were nonetheless. Rebecca was curious to learn more about her recently returned cousin. "How are you enjoying the city so far? Is it as you remember?"

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley slid in, opposite from Rebecca. "Of course, though little has changed in two years, outside the obvious."

Ashley's hands folded upon one another, as her eyes slowly scanned the bar. "While I do not mean to pry, I do say I was rather surprised to find you here." A smile framed her lips. "Though in fairness, we both must seem as out of place dιcor, in this fine establishment."

"Still, paint me curious." Ashley said with her eyes returning to Rebecca. Her hands unclasped, with one remaining at the table, while the other crept up to play with the necklace. As her fingers swayed the lettering, the black swarovski crystals, that covered the letters, glittered with the light.

Social Combat

R
    Rebecca Simmons

With her notebook tucked away, Rebecca sat back, her finger tracing the edge of her untouched glass. "I guess we both are the type to stray from the expected mold."

First Estate and Carthian. What was there to say? But this one had her intrigued nonetheless. A private silence echoed between the women as they sat among the noisy chatter of the bar. Finally, through an enjoyable smile, Rebecca replied. "I'm here doing research of a kind," her eyes quickly darting down to her notebook, then back to Ashley. "I'm an entrepreneur of sorts and this is my usual clientele. They buy and enjoy the magical concoctions I dream up in my lab. Sometimes I feel it's in my best interest to come see for myself where the ebb and flow of supply and demand is heading. I gathered from our previous meeting that you're a businesswoman as well. I imagine you understand." She let the revelation settle in the air before continuing. Rebecca did not keep her work secret from the Kindred of the domain. In fact, as far as she could gather she had started to make a small name for herself in the community. She didn't know if Ashley had any connections that would have provided that information though.

I'm also curious what brings you to this...fine establishment."

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

The smile framing her lips turned to a smirk. "I remember some years ago. There was an issue with something hitting the streets hard." Ashley's hand came down from her necklace, tapping her radial artery of the hand that rested on the table. She knew Rebecca would understand the innuendo.

"It was interesting situation to say the least." Ashley's hands came to rest, next to one another on the table.

"How is your voice? It may be more efficient to just demand the answers." Ashley's gaze cast back out across the run down bar. It was a simple enough task, and she did not mind lending and hand. "Point someone out and you can go deeper than observation."

Social Combat

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"How interesting," she said, shifting in her seat, "I'd love to hear more about that, though I imagine some details would be best for another time." Drugs and violence she imagined. Always interesting.

Despite her fun exterior, Rebecca's mask was like ice. Unmoving. Unyeilding. Unchanging. Where normally an eyebrow would be raised at her cousin's question, instead Rebecca merely smiled. "My voice would certainly give me more immediate answers, but I'm a scientist at heart. In science they say that sometimes simply observing a situation or event necessarily changes that situation. Merely by being here I could inadvertently effect the behavior of those looking for their daily supply. Imagine then how direct action could change what I desire to observe. I wouldn't want to skew my data accidentally now, would I?" Ashley did have a point though. She had done quite a bit of research before the fellow Lord had showed up.

Her smile widened. "But ignoring all that, I'll take you up on your suggestion. I imagine it could be quite informative...and fun."
    tell-tale scratch came out of the bathroom. As his gaze fell in her direction she subtly gestured for him to come over. Carefully he made his way over, confused why the two women would be summoning him. "Yeah?"

With a friendly smile Rebecca spoke, forcing her blood into her words at just the right moment. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was curious. Would you kindly tell me your supplier? Then tell me your specific drug of choice, what you want the most out of drugs, and why. I would appreciate it so much." She knew to ask the question as if he only had a fifth grade education, because he probably did. She didn't have to be friendly, but she always did. Who knew if anyone was listening and knew about Dominate.

The man's eyes twitched as his body reflexively resisted the command, but her will was too strong. His eyes glazed over as he did what he was told. "I get my stuff from a guy named Carl who sells not too far from here. I used to only smoke dope, but lately I've been shooting up more smack. Meth just don't do it for me anymore. I stopped wanting to feel amped up and just want to forget. My daughter don't even wants to see me no more after I stole her jewelry. I mean, you do what you gotta do. I just don't want to feel nothin' no more. I just want it to end." Opioid versus Stimulant it would seem. Ashley was right. It was very informative.

Rebecca turned to look at Ashley. "Anything you'd like to know before I excuse him?"

4 successes for Mesmerize
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-29 16:11:21 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Mesmerize (Int 3 + Exp 1 + Dom 2) (10 Again) 8, 1, 9, 1, 8, 9 4 successes
      3 successes to Resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-29 16:12:15 Bar Drug Dude rolls 3 to Resist (res+comp) (10 Again) 3, 10, 10, 9, 6 3 successes

Yumyumcrow this is just fluff, but I'm tagging you in case you want to jump in and add or change anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread