THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

The Prince's easy-going smile immediately makes Aaron feel slightly more comfortable with the dominant force he is facing.

'Good evening, Prince Antinori.' He straightens his back, regaining his confident posture. 'Indeed. My name is Aaron van Valen, Ventrue scholar from Chicago.'

He takes a moment to look at the impressive woman in front of him, now that he could see beyond the Beast. 'I don't require too much of your time, but I was hoping to to make you aware of a recent development since my arrival.'

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A Ventrue. She hadn’t talked to one since Asa.

“Pleasure to meet you Mr Van Valen, welcome to Sacramento.”
    She replies, “Chicago? Can’t say I’ve visited there yet, but I’ve heard it’s a beautiful city.” She enjoyed small talk with new people. They were interesting.

A hand was waved dismissively, “Oh, no worries about that, I enjoy talking to new Kindred.” True enough.

“A recent development? A good one I hope.” She says with a smirk. Having a new guy bring her bad news at Court was not how she wanted to start her night.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Thank you, Prince Antinori. And the Windy City is quite beautiful indeed. I must say, part of me misses it. However, moving to Sacramento was a much needed and healthy change.' A short pause, as he considers his thoughts on the city. 'I'm starting to find my way around the Domain - and it has been a pleasant experience so far.'

Aaron shows a somewhat relieved smile as Alessandra waved away the few worries he still had.

'I'll leave that up to you to consider, but I definitely believe it to be so,' he begins with a grin. 'You see, I've had a fruitful meeting Madam Simmons, and we concluded that I would be best fitted as Priscus of our Clan, with her serving as Whip.'

He looks around Court shortly, his title had already come up a few times. 'You might have heard it already, but I thought it would be good to meet you in person. Especially since I would be Acknowledging new members of my family into your Domain.'

K
    Krieg

Krieg approached, "Pardon my intrusion," his eyes flicked over to Alessandra first, then to Aaron. "Your Grace and newly minted Priscus." He bowed before them.

He smiled to Aaron first "Congratulations on your position. That must be record timing." Then to Ale. "I merely wanted to give my regards to this gentleman before I made my rounds. If there is anything else, I will exit as quickly as I have entered your conversation."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was interest on her face as she listened, “It’s always hard to leave home for a new city. But like you say, it’s a healthy change that brings much reward.” Italy lost it’s feeling of home a long time ago for her. “I’m pleased to hear the Domain has been a pleasant experience for you thus far, I hope it continues to be.” It was good to hear when new Kindred were enjoying the city.

Ah, so there were two Ventrues in the Domain. And Priscus has already been worked out, they were efficient. But it was the word, Madam, that stood out to her. Another Invictus, their numbers were growing! This was a good thing.

“Congratulations on your appointment. It’s always nice when those matters are settled civilly and without incident.” Not that she could picture the Lords in an all-out brawl, but hey, you never know. But she would defiantly pay to watch that. “There hasn’t been a Ventrue in the Domain since my predecessor, so it’s a welcome addition.” There was no denying how driven the Ventrue were.

Actually, she hadn’t heard, but that was besides the point. “Well, I’m glad you did, talking with new Kindred and getting to know them is important to me. I like to know who resides in the Domain.” And if they were going to be trouble, or worthwhile Kindred.

And then Krieg was approaching, it was hard to miss the giant.

A smile was offered, “Krieg, good evening.” She acknowledges him, observing the bow. Seems he was keeping his word on his punishment. That was good.

“Yes, I believe it was recording timing. But it shows a Clan that can work together for the betterment of itself and the Domain. A good thing for sure.”
    A smile offered to Aaron. At least in appearances they seemed to work together.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Thank you, Prince Antinori.' Aaron was equally glad how things were handled. With vampires, all too often things are handled with violence. Unnecessary, and with family, often such a waste of good blood. 'I'm very glad to hear that. Also, from what I can see, it is a manageable amount of Kindred. I already recognize most faces.'

He wants to know, so eagerly, about her predecessor. Especially since he was a Ventrue. Was there a reason he was the only one? Perhaps Aaron would find out sometime in the future.

Then the giant arrives. He wonders if there is a certain amount of spite hidden in his message. But if there was, Alessandra already corrected it. 'Probably. However, Madam Whip Simmons and I both felt it was only natural to create a certain structure where there was none. That said, I would have loved to see more members of my family in the city.' After all, being Priscus of just yourself is not very exciting. Save for the most deranged Lord with a heavy dissociative identity disorder.

'Additionally, it seems only advantageous to decide this quickly, before any new Kindred arrive. I think it sends a clear message that things in Sacramento are well taken care of. Although I would expect nothing less from an Invictus Domain,'
    he smiles to Alessandra, it is what he is used to, ​'but I'm also glad I can establish an Ordo Dracul presence together with Miss Moretti. I believe you've met her already?'

K
    Krieg

With the Kindred's approval, Krieg exits the conversation as he had promised.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the mention of the amount of Kindred, she briefly looks around the room.

“It is. And I’ve enjoyed seeing so many new faces enter the Domain and decided to call it home.”
    But how many would stay and how many would decide to move on?

A nod, “Oh, of course. Without structure there is chaos and unease. To settle it so soon and without incident speaks highly of you both.” Level headed for one. “Understandable, and perhaps some more will drift in with time. There was a time when I was the only Savage and longed for Family.” Now she had Mable, but more Gangrel would be great, improve their numbers and standing.

Not too often you heard other Covenants talking nicely about each other.

“The Domain is continuing to improve and changes still need to be made to make sure it continues to move forward.” She was still new to the Prince thing, and had position to fill. “It is nice to see the Ordo establishing themselves in the Domain, and I look forward to seeing what you are able to do. Of course, should you need assistance, don’t hesitate to call me. You’ll find the Domain is welcoming to all Covenants.” So long as they behaved.

“Miss Moretti? I have, both inside and outside of Elysia. I was quite impressed with her ability to handle herself without breaking a sweat. Seems to have a level lead on her shoulders.”
    She liked the girl, she had a spark in her.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

For a moment, Aaron wonders what attracted all these Kindred. His choices were mostly circumstantial, but perhaps more Kindred have a specific reason or goal - like John Davis who had lived here already.

When in fact, the Prince speaks highly of his clan, he makes a short thankful bow, 'Thank you. Your words mean a lot to me. I have not yet had the pleasure to meet other members of your family, but I should do so soon.'

Aaron is lightly surprised how recent all the changes in the Domain seem to have been. Yet everything appears to go smoothly. Out in public.

'Let us hope for a collaborative relationship between the First Estate and the Ordo Dracul,' he says in a tone almost like making a toast. 'And good to hear, for I had the same impression of her. Which is also why I can happily say that Miss Moretti's vision will lead the Dragons in your Domain.'

'About which I have one small question,'
    he realizes, and he might as well ask the Praxis holder herself, 'for being Priscus makes it possible for me to extend certain rights to Kindred - Feeding and Tenancy, correct? Do you or your Seneschal keep track of whoever has obtained these? And...' after a short pause, he continues in a somewhat softer cautious tone, 'merely for future reference, for rights outside the Communal Grounds you are the only one holding Praxis?'

Reasonably, if there was a vampire with a small tenurial Domain, he or she might be less inclined to show up downtown all the time. The Priscus of Lords has ​to know.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and nod, “Well, my family is quite small at the moment. Priscus Wood is the only other present, but I think you will find her quite enjoyable to talk with.” A bit weird at times with her clothes, but whatever.

“I’ve always believed the Covenants can learn from each other. With varied beliefs and goals, learning and working together should always be sought after. I’ll make a note to sit down and talk with her on a more one on one level then.”
    It would be interesting to learn more about the Dragons, or whatever Lina was willing to share.

A Question. And she listens.

“Yes, feeding and Tenancy are able to be granted by you. I do ask to be kept in the know as to who has obtained the privilege of Tenancy.” Cause she didn’t want Priscus handing it out left and right for no good reason. “You are correct. Outside the Communal Grounds, one will need to seek me out. I’m open to discussions about why one should be granted that privilege, but it won’t be granted simply for one existing in the Domain. I want Kindred to know that those rights are earned through service to the Domain. But should you, or someone think they deserve it, let me know.” There was no malice to her voice, she sounded genuine in being willing to talk about it. Ale liked to think she was reasonable and approachable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread