Ended
Watch

Priscus to Priscus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva thought making use of her newfound office would be a good idea. Besides, she felt an odd need to impress the Ventrue Priscus. Perhaps it was the stigma set forth by the previous Prince, but his presence always required attention. Maybe it was a Lord thing.

At least here, no one needed to Blush in the Elysium. Kindred could come and go freely, especially if you were new and Blood was not something people washed away all willy nilly. Dressing her office was easy. The Daeva had some chairs recovered in a black and red damask pattern. The curtains had a similar pattern but with a twist. She absolutely loved this look and if one was to see her bedroom, they’d drown in a sea of scrollwork.

Upon her desk there were bobbles from her travels. Sure, they were cheeky, but she didn’t care. They varied from place to place around the edges of her desk: replica of the Statue of Liberty, a Scarab, a jade dragon, the Eiffel tower, the Parthenon, a Space Needle; which if one looked closely, it was not from Seattle.

Vivian had a few beautiful journals laid out upon her desk. She prided herself in her great penmanship which was nearly beaten into her from years of schooling as a child. Currently, she was making notes about things that only a Daeva may understand. Her simple black suit and little red velvet gloves made her almost look like a professional librarian sans spectacles.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

For what few officials the Domain of Sacramento had, Aaron deemed it wise to meet with the right hand of the Prince. He has no immediate business with the Reeve, and probably even less with elite body guard Twist. Above all, Vivian seemed like the most approachable Kindred.

While not sure what to expect of her in a one on one meeting, her office seemed most the most appropriate spot to meet. Aaron was dressed in a mostly casual white shirt with nice bordeaux suede bomber jacket. He knocks on the Seneschal's office door and waits for the cue.

After she lets him in, he offers her a respectful bow, 'Seneschal York, good evening.'

The room has an interesting decoration. The skull patterns are not necessarily threatening, but it was not what he would expect from the Daeva. All together, it looks quite nice. The bobbles are odd, though. Somewhat out of place perhaps, for multiple reasons.

​But before he has a chance for any closer inspection, he focuses on the lady in front of him.

V
    Vivian York

Looking up from her work, or what she called work, Vivian smiled and motioned in the Lord. "Please come in, Mr. van Valen." Putting her utensil down and giving him her undivided attention.

As he would approach, she motioned to the seat on the opposite side of the desk. "Please have a seat if you'd like." She leaned forward in her seat, her arms gently folded across the desk in an eager to engage fashion. For many reasons, she was thrilled to be speaking with another Priscus who was brand new. "How are you fairing so far in Sacramento. Any issues yet?"

"You know, it's lovely to have Ventrue in the Domain again. I'm not sure why we've been lacking since our previous Prince left."

"I know you are the current Priscus. Are you and Madam Simmons getting along well?" The Daeva would hit at least one point straight on.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

After a small nod, Aaron takes a seat. He leans back and takes on a relaxed pose. 'I'm doing quite well, thank you. So far the Domain has been welcoming. Court offers a friendly atmosphere. I've seen it differently.' At some Domains he passed on his way here - there were the most obvious reasons for not hanging around longer than a few nights. 'So no issues yet, I still need to find the right spots where I would feel most comfortable, but so far I have nothing to complain about.'

When she mentions his family, a subtle smile appears, while a healthy level of pride becomes visible in his eyes.

'It is good to feel welcome. I can imagine it must be good for the diversity of the Domain, especially since all Clans possess such unique abilities. Do not hesitate if you require any assistance.' After all, Aaron believes, with the right mind Dominate can solve pretty much anything.

'That is correct. I set up a meeting with her quite soon after I discovered we were both new arrivals - and the only Lords. It would not have made sense to wait, merely for the ease of mind of the Kindred currently living here.' He had heard the rumors that were going around. 'We could get along immediately. If anything, family is good for having that shared perspective on the world coming right from our blood. You must know what I speak of, running the largest family in Sacramento, am I right?'

V
    Vivian York

She was relieved to hear the Lord had no issues. Some in the city, despite being new, may choose not to welcome new people into the Domain lightly. Vivian would have to watch carefully if that began to happen. Ale couldn't be solely responsible for it. "That is excellent to hear."

When Aaron spoke of diversity, she nodded while he spoke. "Indeed, each of us and each family possess unique abilities. I'd dare say more than any human we've known. These difference can be wonderful, and if used together properly, many marvelous things could come about."

"Correct for now, however, you know what's strange? It wasn't until the last few months that we became the largest family in the Domain." Chuckling softly. "For the longest time, it was myself and the Archon. She's been a pillar of this community for longer than I've been around. We've had a few personal meetings, I've gotten to know her rather well for the most part. I wouldn't say it's entirely personal, but we are definitely two different types of our family. She owns the Theatre in town and I, just like to go and watch."

"So tell me a little more about yourself Mr. van Valen. Am I understanding correctly that you've had difficulties with Domains in the past?" Her curiosity was spelled out in her eyes and demeanor. She was very engaged in the conversation and really cared to hear what he had to say.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron listens attentively when Vivian tells him more about the Archon Twist. To hear that she owns a theatre is a relief. Too often Hounds become killing machines. 'Good. I look forward to getting to know her better. Are there any interesting plays coming up?'

'And of course, I do not wish to generalize too much. Perhaps a common family sense aside, everyone is still their individual self. Watching, as you say, can be just as entertaining and fulfilling even. Often I find my satisfaction in doing so with an academic eye.'
    If the Daeva was admitting to voyeurism, the Dragon was admitting to fanatically studying everything.

He tilts his head lightly and narrows his eyes as he thinks about the Seneschal's last question. He had said in Court that he traveled through several Domains, but he hopes that has not been interpreted negatively.

'Difficulty is perhaps too big a word. It is just that I did not find many Domains... good enough for me. Of course there is only so much you can learn about a Domain in a few nights, but some things are easily noticeable. For example, a strong Lancea Sanctum presence. Chicago was ruled by the First and Second Estate. And while I can live by the rules of the First, I find it hard to adjust my spiritual beliefs to that of the Second. For too long, it caused many annoyances. I merely searched till I found a place where these could likely be avoided.' There is no disdain in his voice when talking of the Sanctified, but a clear irritation.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian couldn't recall what play was currently in house. "My apologies, I'm not sure what is currently in house there. But, you can ask the Archon sometime if you'd like. Perhaps I will join you. Since I can't remember what it is, it may be completely new again." Laughing gently. She had so many other things to remember, her private life may take its toll.

"You're in the Ordo, yes? Then that is probably right up your way. I have only heard of a few things the Dragons do or have done, but it's fascinating to listen to. However, I am not am not that good of a student to study so deeply as I think they do."

Putting her hands up with a 'say no more' gesture. "Trust me, I do not hate the Lance, but I have yet to understand their methods. I think I can understand the Acolytes better than the Lance. The Ordo baffles me, but at least they don't seem to push themselves upon every lot in the Domain." Perhaps Aaron struck a nerve, or Vivian felt very heated about religion. Nevertheless, she pulled herself back together quickly. Anger wasn't good for the skin.

"But, with those things in mind, I wouldn't say this Domain is 'Invictus Ruled' per say. I'm not sure the Prince will or will not declare such a thing. I'm not speaking for her mind you, but I think she wants everyone to grow, not just the Estate."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'No worries,' Aaron simply replies, asking about the play was more making conversation than actual interest. Not that he wouldn't be interested, but right now, there seems to be an endless amount of things he'd rather take care of. Thus he would not give the play the attention it deserves.

'Yes I am. We tend to keep things to ourselves, of course. But Academies around the globe all have different practices. Lina Moretti and I both believe we should offer some transparency and keep a public presence. So if you have any burning questions, do not hesitate to ask.' A subtle smile appears appears as Vivian goes on about several covenants. Dragons don't really force themselves on others indeed, and with good reason, but Aaron can't help but to tease the enticing Daeva, 'Just you wait, Madam Seneschal.'

Then, when Vivian declares she is not speaking for Alessandra, he is a bit confused. She probably means only on this instance, but still... Isn't that exactly the Seneschal's job description?

'I must admit, I find it interesting and a little unusual. Nothing negative, but it makes it harder for me to navigate. With all Domain officials being members of the First Estate, it hardly matters whether you make an official declaration or not.'
    Aaron is really not telling her how to do her job - he could, being a Lord and all - but he rather seeks help in understanding the power structures within the Domain. 'Though currently, I experience it mostly positively to exist freely in the Domain. I have one question on the exact limits of that freedom... there is no system of sub-infeudation in use in Sacramento, am I correct?

V
    Vivian York

This was very interesting to hear. More transparency for some things may stave off inter-domain bickering or hostility. A Domain of vipers working together may draw much attention coast to coast. This would definitely be something she and Ale would need to discuss in full detail. "This sounds very fascinating. Myself, I'd only like to learn a couple things. Something to conserve blood, or to be forever Blushed would be a huge help for how much I like being out in public. I suspect this is a minor thing?" She said cautiously. "However, it could also be something major, I don't know." Softly chuckling.

"These are very good points that I will bring up with her. Keep in mind, I've only had this job for a month or so." Vivian smiled with a wink. "You're correct that the titles are Invictus, thereby it is confusing. The thing is, the past Prince was Invictus for a long time. My very first meeting he announced that he was going back to the Ordo. The titles in the Domain never shifted either. Reeve didn't change, or any other. Although other than Archon, I don't think we had a Seneschal or Herald at that time either. Acknowledgements were mostly left to the Priscii of the Domain if the Prince wasn't available." She watched Aaron's eyes and face carefully. This was all she knew thus far. Any time in the past she'd ask questions to someone closer to the past Prince, she'd be shut down. Vivian was working with little to no information.

"There have not been Regencies since I have been in the Domain. I read back through some recorded documents. There were 5 of them at one time or another in Sacramento. But at one point, there were less than 10 Kindred at all in the Domain so that was terminated, if I read all of that correctly. As our populating increases again, this will be something that will need to be addressed. There are some very crème de la crème areas in Sacramento, and snatching those up may be good for some." All of these questions were very important to the Kindred Society. Blood was thicker than water.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

A minor thing she says. Even living through the memory of his first chrysalis is no small thing, let alone the actual thing. So the Lord shakes his head for few full seconds, with his lips firmly sealed, in a disappointed manner. Though the friendly look in his eyes reveals that it is merely played.

'What you speak of are the Coils of the Dragon. These are actual changes to our physique. Definitely no minor thing. The transparency I speak of concerns a whole range of other things we can help with.'
    What those are Aaron doesn't say, for now.

'Ah, I had no idea.' For some reason he assumed Vivian already acted as Seneschal for the previous Prince. But this makes far more sense. His expression tells her little beside the fact that he is attentively listening. The actual names of the titles matter less to him than the fact that they are all filled by the Invictus.

He nods then, 'I see. It has to make sense, of course. Though now you've made me curious about those... crème de la crème places.'

'But I was asking because I study certain locations of interest. All sorts of energies flow through the Earth's surface that I seek to follow and understand. Naturally, these studies cause me to walk around a lot and to random places. So I always need to know where I can go and what I can do, and, nothing prematurely, but if I can be of extra service while I'm out and about anyway.'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.