Ended
Watch

Shades of Red

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

What better place to take another new Daeva but to the Saloon. It was Vivian’s favorite spot, and since Lina had asked to meet outside of a random Court day, how could she not oblige.

She wore something dressy, yet casual. This place could go one of two ways, dressing to the 9’s or blending in. It was a refurbished speakeasy after all. Vivian gave the host Lina’s name, and at least at the Saloon, they prided themselves in confidentiality, each night the table lists were destroyed, she saw it herself one day after hanging around long beyond closing while flirting with the bartender.

The booth she asked for was more private than normal. Because it was a weekday, it was a lot less busy so they would have one wing to themselves for the most part. There was still no outright Kindred speak, yet, it would suffice for prying eyes and any Hunters that may have decided to plop themselves in her favorite escape.

The sever had brought her French ’75 and she played with the stem of the glass whilst reading through the news on her phone. Vivian wore a business suit, complimented by fashionable gloves. She was excited to have a nice quiet chat with her new Family member.

L
    Lina Moretti

When given the choice of dressing to the nines or blending in, nine times out of ten, Lina Moretti would choose the latter. Light makeup only, jeans and a black tank top with a light jacket overtop, a small purse, and boots - that worked just fine by her, and she parked American muscle across the street and made her way in to see her Priscus, Vivian York. It was incredible how attractive the redhead was. She just screamed Daeva, like an embodiment of the Clan. Something about it made her feel a little... lesser?

Shrugging off the thought, Moretti scanned the bar. Finding the Englishwoman's table, she raised a hand to wave and made her way over.

"Hi," she said simply, sliding into the booth across from Vivian. "Sorry if I kept you waiting long..."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian was off in her own little world, recalling some particularly vivid nights of great... when she felt another Beast make their presence known before the Daeva even turned to look. It was the wonderful new person she'd acknowledged who seemed to be a little like herself.

"Good evening!" Holding out her hand and offering the spot on the other side of the rounded booth. "Please, have a seat."

Shaking her head. "Oh, believe me dahling, I don't mind waiting, for anything for that matter. However, you didn't keep me waiting long at all."

"How are you this evening? Did you have trouble finding the place?" Even though it was on google maps, sometimes it was a blimp and easy to be missed. The storefront barely had a sign that was easy to see.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina put her purse down on the bench seat next to her, reflexively picking up the menu and glancing at it. "Can't complain. It wasn't too bad getting here. Parking's usually a bitch but I got lucky, so." She shrugged and glanced up at her drink. "What are you having? I could do with something new tonight."

Puking her guts out later didn't sound appealing, but at the same time, blending in and acting normal was a very, very good idea. The menu was rich for her blood, but one wouldn't break the bank. In the back of her mind, Moretti wondered what it would be like to be a wealthy Invictus Lady, adorned in all the finest of jewels and flush with cash so that she never had to worry about it again...

"I like this place. Real classy feeling. You own it?"

It sounded like a joke and a half-smile crossed her face, but it might not have been. After all, anything was possible.

V
    Vivian York

Tapping the stem of her glass, she replied. "It's a French '75, made with gin, lemon, simple syrup, and Champagne. It's a fun drink. I love it's smell. It's refreshing as well." Vivian turned the stem and smiled while looking at it. "I was given one years ago by a very distinguished gentleman. Some call it a French Martini. While I was visiting it seems like they do anything to sweeten the food or drink." She snickered softly.

Vivian laughed and threw her head back to the question. "No, but I really should." She shook her head. "There was a cigar bar owned long ago by our Family. I've thought about checking it out, dusting it off and reopening it. I miss smoking in the comforts of privacy."

"There were special permits obtained as well. So at least I know it's possible in this state." Chuckling softly.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina looked interested in the drink; if she was going to have to puke something up later, the least it could do is be something good. The French 75 sounded like it was a pretty solid choice. "All right, I'll have to try that out." Idly, she wondered when the Priscus of Succubi had visited France. "See, cigar bars? That sounds amazing. And so rare these days. The smoking ordinances..." She leaned in, like a conspiratorial whisper. "They're the fucking worst. Like, I get why they exist. But they really make the habit tough. Especially on a rainy day..."

Settling back into her chair, Moretti let her teeth grit beneath her lips for a moment. The Supplicant of Terror knew she held some degree of a leash on the Devil now and forever, her first Chrysalis a horrifying occult confrontation that was the equivalent of installing a high effort light switch on an electrical system that wanted to kill people or run screaming through the streets. That knowledge didn't make the night-to-night clashing of Beasts any easier, however, and Vivian York made her want to peace the fuck out just by existing.

It passed. It usually did, at least to the point of not being an immediate problem.

"So, what's the good word?" she asked. "I've gotten settled in and had the pleasure of meeting a whole bunch of folks, and the new boss is great. Has she been in charge long?"

V
    Vivian York

For once, she felt more relaxed around Family and fellow Kindred than she'd had in a long while. With the exception of the Prince, Vivian didn't often speak freely to many, even if she spoke her mind. "Bloody hell, I am so sick of these laws that keep popping up. Did you hear the latest? Minneapolis, Minnesota has restricted the sale of menthol cigarettes. They insist that it lures teenagers into smoking. Honestly, the stress the entire world population is under, is what causes it. I'd rather see people smoking than drinking. Even Mary-Jane is better than liquor in my opinion. Rarely does anyone do anything stupid smoking that." Stopping abruptly...

The Daeva laughed loudly. "Sorry, I digress. There are many rules put forth for unnecessary reasons, yet nothing done for many others." She shook her head.

"The good word is, that Davis, have you met him? If you have, you'd know him by the very very long name he gives..." She didn't want to say Titles in public, it wasn't something that Kine often heard and may perk an ear. "Unfortunately, he's our Family. I take him with a grain of salt.... that I'd like to throw over my shoulder." She snickered.

"But our CEO is amazing. I think three or four months now? I cannot recall. The old boss wasn't around for quite some time, it was odd, yet the peace was kept well. Partly because the current CEO was the security detail."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina just listened, smiling as the Daeva went off on a tangent and then brought her self back on. She let the topic move past cigarettes, because where it went next was more interesting - and angering. When Davis came up, Lina frowned and leaned in. "Yeah..." she muttered before lowering her voice even further.

"That motherfucker was being a dick in front of the boss to me, so I got a little favor off him. He bought me a really nice vest as I directed for the favor to be repaid - and put some fucking cowgirl saloon dress on top of it in the box, like I'm some fucking saloon girl for him. Like he thinks it's funny. He repaid the debt, so publicly, I'm letting him off the hook. But if he ever gets himself fired, I'm wearing that thing to his going-away celebration." She sounded cold, displeased, letting the salt out.

The salinity reduced, she sighed. "I really do like the boss, though. She's fun. And solid."

V
    Vivian York

And it was apparent that Vivian struck a nerve herself. The Daeva should have been shocked, but it wasn’t that. It was worse, she was very pissed off. Leaning in to match Lina's whisper level, she tried very hard to keep calm without flipping out.

“You mean to tell me that utter boil on the butt of humanity had the nerve to cock off in front of the Boss to you? What the fucking hell is he trying to prove?”

Then, her jaw dropped with the saloon dress talk. “You have got to be joking!” She yelled in a whisper. “Really, he thinks this is all a joke? Well, the jokes on him. I think we need a family meeting and very soon. I am sure the CSO will not be pleased to hear any of this either. How is he not fired yet?”

“And if you wear it, I will dance with you. Count me in.”

Then it suddenly occurred to her. "Have you met the CSO yet?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"Couldn't fucking tell you what that guy was thinking, but if he does the 'lil' woman' type bullshit at me ever again, I'll beat his ass back to the fucking Alamo before he can say 'draw'."

The Devil in Lina's blood had caught the scent of her anger, and she clenched her jaw, taking a couple of deep, unnecessary breaths to calm down. She wouldn't let the rage boil over. It couldn't be. She'd gotten that under control.

"Yes. I've met her. She's good people, least so far as I can see, and everyone says good things. But I do think a meeting - and a fucking Come to Jesus Moment - might be in order. He must think that because I'm not part of the leading department that I'm going to sit back and take shit from some nobody. I run my department, and this is a company set to grow from departments working together. He's not gonna fuck that up."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.