(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Kreig's seemingly relaxed nature seems at odds with his stature and the image he projects. Or maybe 'Rebecca' is simply skilled at disarming. Her demeanor certainly feels authentic. Taft can't put his finger on why, but he's almost certain it's just that.

"It would seem so. Fate smiles on us, this evening." His own smile is slight, but still confers his amusement.

Taft raises a brow at the Colonel's aforementioned 'Spirit', but doesn't bother to echo the question the other two have already asked. He simply observes after placing his wager.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-21 19:13:23 Lawrence Taft rolls 5 to Wits + Academics (10 Again) 3, 10, 4, 3, 5, 10, 3 2 successes

Health | Willpower | Vitae

J
    John Davis

Davis deals again.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-22 10:35:27 John Davis rolls 5 to Shuffle Faro (Dex + Larceny = 5) (10 Again) 6, 5, 1, 10, 10, 3, 9 3 successes

"Oh, the Spirit. Just a project I am working on. Nothing to get excited about just yet. Much work still left to begin before she is ready to be summoned to our cause."

Davis was disappointed when he looked up to see Clara leave. A good Master of Elysium would have been embarrassed through severe ridicule for a gathering that bored its attendance so. Davis thought. A good pressure gauge for a successful Elysium was how long it held the Daeva's attention. It wasn't a complete loss for Davis as he had spent the better part of the night learning the tells of those around him.

K
    Krieg

"Then you are truly a confident, independent woman," he complimented Rebecca. "Prudent and witty, I like those traits."

Taft was as challenging to read as the Dead Sea Scrolls. A Shadow among Shadows. Still, Davis's comment about "the Spirit" had him incredibly curious.

"Would you kindly elaborate about this project?" he requested from the Colonel. "More importantly, what cause?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Let us hope it continues," she said with a slight smile, though Rebecca knew that even fate only held out for so long. She placed a bet, but was far less certain this turn. One couldn't win them all.

Why was it that when Davis was talking about something no one cared about he could pontificate for endless moments, but when curiosity struck those around him he chose ambiguity as his mode of communication. "Well then, Alder Davis, I hope you let us know when this...project of yours comes to fruition." That was of course if it ever came to fruition.

Turning to Krieg she offered a smile and a nod of her head, "I certainly like to see myself that way, and I appreciate that. I value those traits as well. Along with persistence," she said, just as he followed up his comment by pressing Davis on the details of the project.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-22 21:14:21 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Betting (Wits+Aca) (10 Again) 5, 2, 4, 2, 8 1 success

J
    John Davis

All this interest in his pet project excites and worries Davis at the same time.

"The Spirit, since I most certainly have your curiosities hooked like a Mississippi Mud Cat on a razor taught line, is an abandoned lady in need of my tender skills of revival. The purpose of my attention to her is to bring her back to glory so that she may play host for our future gathers. It will take months of crafting the right words to bring her back to life." Davis tried to gauge the reactions of those around him.

"With the Spirit surrounding us, the reach of Sacramento will extend beyond limits."

J
    John Davis

As the action at the table seemed to be reaching a lull and others had already started to leave, Davis pulls out a gold pocket watch and opens it with a press of a button.

"Why look at the time. With all this merriment and festivitous gambling the time why surely has passed by. Our conversations will most definitely must wait and continue on another evening, this one is near over."

Davis gathered his cards. Tipped his hat at the remaining gathered. "Next time we will have to play for real money. I'll remember to bring the chips and coppers so that we can do it up right."

Standing Davis extended a hand to shake any willing to accept it and congratulate them each with a "Good game."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Yes. Good game," she said, nodding her head to Davis and Taft. "Gentlemen, I hope you have a good rest of your evening. I hope to speak to you all again soon," she said before looking between Taft and Krieg. She then offered another nod of her head before turning away and heading away from the table.

Rebecca returned to main thread

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"I suppose a place for games and entertainment has its uses." He muses aloud. More likely it would be for something more formal. Hosting Kin or perhaps the members of Davis' Order. But Taft doesn't press.

He shakes Davis' hand, caught up in the light and friendly tone of the game. He then tips his head towards Simmons as she exits, then finally to Krieg. His gaze lingers for half a moment on the Hierophant before moving on and rejoining the crowd.

Taft rejoins the main thread.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.