Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

The other two show up shortly after she calls them out. Mother Moon must have granted her a boon.

Hector asks them to peak across, and Viola strains her eyes to do it. Always feeling weird until it don't. Until she's looking and hearing the blue haired crescent moon saying something about Spiders...

1 suxx Spiders?Rats?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-28 10:37:36 Viola Jones rolls 4 to Spiders? Rats? (Wits 3 + Occult 1) (10 Again) 6, 1, 9, 2 1 success
      2 suxx peak
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-28 10:41:40 Viola Jones rolls 2 to Peak (Wits 3 + Empathy -1unskilled + PU 2 -2graveyard) (10 Again) 4, 10, 9 2 successes
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Graveyard, Spiders, Rats, what? Chris holds out a hand. "Let's pretend I have no idea what you're saying at the moment. About the critters." The Talon spares a glance at Viola and Tristan. Maybe they understand what Emily just said, maybe not. Chris sure as hell doesn't.

Emily is talking about the critters like they can think. That's...concerning. "So this is a graveyard. That means the other side could be very uhh strong one way or another right?"
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Shit - sorry," Emily apologises. "It's slang for the most common hosts. Azlu - Spider hosts, and Beshilu, Rat Hosts. Creatures of the Hisil." She pauses, sitting up. Her face is grim as she addresses the Pack.

"Okay, uh, short versions - Azlu weave webs that thinken and strengthen the boundary between here and the Hisil. That stops the flow of energy between the two and makes it nearly impossible to cross over. It's so bad here we can barely peek through. They were definately in the Hisil around here." The Ithauer scratches her head. "Ummm.... Rats - uh, Beshilu - gnaw on the Gauntlet making it weaker, thinner. If it gets thin enough you get gaping holes in it. Spirits can wander across the Gauntlet and you get a Ridden - um, a spirit using a human body as a meat-suit - and people can stray into the sprirt."

Emily looks at Chris. "Basically 2 opposite ends of bad. They fuck the Gauntlet up. Bigger they are, the smarter they are - if it's about human-sized, it's about human-smart, for a spirit. Luckily, they're pretty direct to deal with." Her face breaks into a predatory grin. "Hunt 'em. Kill 'em. Fun for the whole family."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Tristan frowns a Tristanly frown. Equal parts disapproval and frustration. "What I'm hearing, if Emily is right, is that we've got two opposing groups operating in the same space. Might be better to let the two deal with each other and pick off the survivor." It'd mean less effort, in the long run. Less risk, too. Of course, that might not click with the others in the pack. He shakes his head. "But I guess we should do something about it before it gets worse." His eyes seek the approval of Hector following the admission.

Then, Tristan considers the blue-haired Ithaeur for a moment. How accurate was what she was able to see? If the others had taken a peak across the Gauntlet, they hadn't opted to share like she had. Might work out better in the hands of a veteran. He takes a long, slow breath and focuses his senses on the other side.

3 successes, assuming the -2 was the appropriate penalty?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-01 13:05:12 Tristan Hardt rolls 8 to Wits 4 + Empathy 4 + PU 2 - 2 (10 Again) 2, 7, 9, 4, 6, 8, 2, 9 3 successes
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

@Viola Jones attempts to peer across the Gauntlet - and finds her face snagged and starred by thick, knobbly, icky, strands. Strands that would suffocate and seal off the Shadow from the realms of flesh had they not be shredded and ripped and gnawed. The fluttering, leaking, caressing... mess... pretty much blocks her view.

Tristan Hardt
    suffers the ragged wall sealing off the Shadow as well. The scion of Death Wolf is resolute, however, and worms his way through the slick and rent maze. What Emily could barely see becomes clear to the Elodoth as he stands, sinews strained, by the effort.

Beyond, Tristan finds the Shadow to have an appearance of health. Like a lush forest with no signs of bird or animal life. The cemetery is an environment of controlled lawns, mausolea, and ranked memory. Yet he see's no memory spirits, no entities of death in its myriad forms. Nothing.

Lol! You cornered me @Travis06489 I was running -3 penalty in my head to account for the location and the effect of the... er... webs.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola curses, "Can't see a fucking thing. Just these fucking...webs!" she growls out, her voice gaining the edge of inhumanity as her death glare takes in what must be destroyed. "We have to deal with this. It's already....fuck.....stitching? Fuck it. Closed." crossed arms, rigid stance. She was silently snarling at the thick mess of sticking, icky threads.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily bristles in spite of herself at the Beta's comments, and clentches her jaw to stop blurting something out in front of her new pack. If I'm right?! If??? I know a bloody Spider web when I see one. Dick. The Ithaeur clambers to her feet.

"Wellll.... they only way to know for sure is to head across. I mean, we jump across here and it'll be the middle of the web. But hosts don't normally mix. They've got nothing in common. So it sounds weird. I'd rather take a better look over the other side. and get a better idea" Emily cracks her neck and rolls her shoulders. "Well. What I'd rather do is what Viola wants and take the bloody spiders apart. I.... don't like Azlu." She mutters darkly, and turns to the Hector. "So. What's your plan, Chief?"
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

9. Likes liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

"See that's more my speed." Chris says with a grin as Emily gets to the blunt end of the stick. "Sounds like something I need to pay attention too though. The Gauntlet isn't something to be fucked with." Don't need that insanity bleeding into this insanity. It's not like humans need another excuse to act like idiots.

The Irraka nods along as the Beta and Hunter share their thoughts. Tristan has a point but at the same time is it worth risking letting the things run free? "Do we want to give these ..things the chance to run free? Hunting them down for good sounds like a good plan."
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Brow furrowing intensely, Tristan throws up one finger with a warning command. "Wait! Hunting them is well and good, but something is off over there. This is a graveyard... but I don't see any influences of death. It's too quiet." He turns his head away. Then, mostly to himself "No spirits. No ghosts."

Never, in the last twenty years, had the Bone Shadow wished to see evidence of death. But in the middle of a graveyard, he'd come to expect it. Add Rats and Spiders in the mix and you've got a real shit show.

"Not saying we don't go. Just keep your eyes open. This doesn't feel like a simple tag and bag. And I don't feel like burying any of you today."
    His statement is pretty consistent with his ever-so-affectionate way of dealing with them. Tristan spits off to the side.

"Hector? Do we take this over to the other side?" he asks, half expecting the Alpha to lead the charge. If he doesn't? Hell, that'd leave Tristan to do it.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Was Hector smiling a mysterious, saintly, half-smile? It was hard to tell given the Cahalith's stubble.

"I thought there was something... off.. around here. I've been getting that kinda vibe for a while now. At first I kept it to myself - this being outside Necessary Guile's claim. But its too close. And things happen that don't respect borders. So here we are."

Note, to the astute, how this Alpha spoke of their territory as though it belonged to their Totem. This Cahalith believed they held their territory in trust to their spirit guide. Something in trust does not belong to you; it belongs to someone else. To have something entrusted to you is to guard and nurture it for the better.

Hector was Red Wolf's son.

"I do want to get over there. And I do want to... hunt down... any Shartha we find. But I also want to know what we are up against. If the Shadow is as screwed up as you all say, then I want a thorough check on this cemetery before we do anything else. There might be some clue as to whats going on - or Shartha spore, maybe... Anything might help us get to grips with what is going on here. I've heard the stories and I really don't want the gnawers and the spinners on top of each other and right next to us!"

He looked to each of his pack mates.

"And then there are our numbers. And theirs. We may have to decide what we are tackling first."

The grim look he gave to Tristan alone. The Cahalith needed no words to express his concerns to his Elodoth beta.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

14. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last