Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
(Open)Whiskey and Convo

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    L
    Lina Moretti

"...no?"

Her voice dropped low, letting the music and the atmosphere drown her out save for those at the table.

"These aren't the sorts of things we wager on. The system isn't a game."

She leaned back to give him space and a moment's thought - and the Devil a few more inches from the clash. Prestation was serious. It was what kept inhuman monsters from mauling each other over tiny slights. The kicking in her Blood, ringing in her ears, reminded her all too keenly of that.

Simmons chimed in, and she gave a little shrug with her palms up, like 'there it is'. He was making a bed of pride before Her Majesty, but he didn't have to lie in it. The Prince's anger slammed that point home.

"My offer stands, no gouging here. It's okay to admit you got one wrong, wash the slate clean, and move forward like it never happened with a new friend who appreciates your forthrightness. I bet they'd forgive your most recent faux-pas for the same, if you offered it, too. Might wanna ask. Save the face. That's why the system works. Keeps little things from becoming... pistols at dawn or whatever."

She offered her hand for a shake. The Dragon was nothing if not fair. A trivial offence was a trivial offence. If he wanted to keep shit going over something small, that was on him.

J
    John Davis

Like a light switch flicking on, Davis expression changes.

"Very good, you passed my test." Looking at Lina. He turns with a smile facing the other two. "You need not be concerned for Lina here. I meant her no harm. My effort was neither to shame nor embarrass her. No, not at all. Merely to test her ability to manage herself under pressure when faced with a difficult challenge. I forgive you for not understanding my methods."

Turning back to Lina, Davis rises out of his seat and thrusts out his right hand to shake hers. Before the two hands touch the latch releases on the spring in his sleeve and out pops a business card that he places in her hand. A flashy trick used to impress. Probably not this lot.

"Here, Lina." He places the business card in her hand. "Call this number to receive a trivial token as a prize for doing such a good job tonight"

Addressing them all, "Ladies it has been fun, to be sure, but I must gracefully bid you good night. I have prior commitments that must be tended to." He tips his hat and leaves.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Lina, Ale, and herself all chastised the man, and he responds with 'it was all a test'? What was she to think...

John Davis I believe that would be a Manipulation+Subterfuge roll on your part. Want to see your roll before I finish my post.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-20 12:21:03 Rebecca Simmons rolls 4 to See Through the "Test" (Wits+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 9, 10, 10, 6, 5, 9 4 successes

J
    John Davis

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-20 12:35:00 John Davis rolls 11 to Make his words sound believable (Manipulation +4 Subterfuge +1 Willpower +3) (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 10, 4, 8, 6, 9, 7, 8, 8, 5, 7, 4 5 successes

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Her expression remained completely unchanged, cold and serious just as she had been. But on the inside she found his trick....convincing. Confusion raced through Rebecca's mind. Why had he tried to fool Lina? He barely knew the woman. Rebecca may have been convinced, but she disliked that 'test' of his nonetheless. "Well next time, don't take the act of giving lessons into your own hands. I don't think you're suited for it. Lina is a grown woman who can handle herself; no approval from you needed." She didn't care if this was his 'method', it was the wrong way to go about things.

In the end though, while she may not have liked the way he handled the situation, he did finally accept her offer of a boon. And If his actions were all an elaborate ruse, there was no need for Rebecca to seek a boon of her own. Then, as he reached to shake Lina's hand, some spring-loaded contraption went off. Annoyance drifted underneath her mask. If he tried that on the wrong Kindred that act would get him killed. And he called himself an Alder? If only the city had an Au Pair to teach people how to act, because the Colonel was clearly out of touch.

Then he stood up and attempted to make a quick exit. With a cold tone Rebecca said, "I look forward to our next meeting Mr. Davis. Let's hope that one goes much more smoothly." She then waited for him to leave.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “The woman has a point, this isn’t a game. And there are some stakes,” HA, “you don’t play with.” Like did he seriously think his little duel idea would fly?

Her free hand was waved dismissively, “I’m game to move on and wipe the slate clean. We’re just four people out enjoying the night and a drink.” Kinda enjoying a drink. It smelled good, and she missed the flavor and the comforting burn of the drink. “Not to mention that in most situations, smiling, accepting and owning that you were wrong and moving on is best for all.” It might have saved her from being ashed on more than one occasion.

Huh? Test?

She couldn’t tell if he was lying or not, he seemed honest about it all. But that didn’t mean it didn’t sit well with her.

“In the future, I’d be careful with playing such games. You never know who your opponent is and it could end up costing you dearly someday.” Just a word of advice. Maybe it had always worked out in his favor to conduct such tests.

An eyebrow arches at the whole card thing. It made her uneasy, as he could have easily concealed a weapon of some sort in it. Something to be talked about later.

A nod, “Have a good evening. Rimanga sicuro.”

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-20 14:49:50 Ale rolls 4 to See through the facade(Wits+Sub) (10 Again) 3, 10, 5, 9, 4 2 successes

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

L
    Lina Moretti

Test. All right. Maybe the old cardsharp was just playing with her. It was weird and inappropriate, but he was being superior rather than stupid at the end there. She had to admit, the spring loaded card was fun, and a fleeting smile crossed her face. In any event, it didn't matter. He'd paid. The matter was done, unless he decided to reopen shit by being bitter about it.

"Yeeaaaaaah, I'm not sure who you think you are to test me, but before you go - I've got something for you."
    She takes the card, and writes something on the back. Numbers, with inches, and a name of some kind, along with her phone number.

"I'm not gonna leave it hanging over your head. That's a manufacturer and the model of a particular item I'd like, along with my measurements. Figured it suited the subject matter. Please have a new, perfectly functional and undamaged item of those specifications to me as soon as possible, but within... a maximum of thirty days seems fair. Thanks so much. We're good. So, you have a great night."

With that, she turned back to the other ladies, letting the gambler go.

"So, uh, where were we..."

The boon is called. The vest she has indicated is a thin Kevlar Vest of the 1/2 Armor variety, and a Resources 2 purchase.

Y'all want to wrap it up, put this one on the books?

not enough!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-20 12:39:46 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to A Test, You Say? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 3, 9, 4, 7, 3, 2 1 success

R
    Rebecca Simmons

I'm fine wrapping the scene. Intense but fun.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Also good to wrap! Thanks everyone, was a blast!
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread