Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Open)Whiskey and Convo

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Cross

"I am the definition of danger. Rawr."

She made an awkward little clawing motion with the hand that wasn't absently holding the drink menu. "Anyway. I really don't mind not being at a real range, and something smaller to learn is fine. It'll save me some of the embarrassment."

If one were to inspect Lina's arms, she actually looked like she was in pretty good shape. She wasn't Olympic-level jacked, but it was clear that this girl worked out before her Embrace. She just was not a shooter. The little Daeva leaned back in her chair, listening to the conversation.

"Pretty sure my parents hated the idea of me being a PI. But, you know. You gotta pay the bills somehow, and there were more than enough hot actresses running around who were actually just working as waitresses for me to conclude that the glitz and glam of Hollywood was not for me."

Moretti was, first and foremost, a pragmatic sort.

The idea of the Prince and Davis having a shooting tournament brought a look of interest to her face. "Whaddaya say, John? You wanna have a... shootout?"

Heh.

J
    John Davis

The athletic gal looked positively cute. If she wasn't a fellow predator, Davis may have added her to his collection. Instead, he responded to her question.

"A shootout may be overkill. Ha Ha." He laughed at his witty wordplay. Returning back with seriousness, "But a friendly and sporting match of skill would be most acceptable. And Sophia, you need not worry about Lina, I believe I have something in her size. A training piece if you like to call it." The thought of Lina holding the gun he had in mind brought an expressionless hysteria to Davis. He never showed it.

"And I shall also have something that she can graduate up to once she feels comfortable." Speaking to the Prince, "Name the time and place and I will be there."

Letting the ladies converse, Davis looked over the menu. How he missed eating. No matter how delicious the courses looked, he could not partake any of it. Even the beverage he chose would sit untouched or regurgitated later in a bloody mess.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca held a hand up to her lips to stifle a laugh at Lina's awkward clawing. There truly was a strange charm to the bitter woman.

As Ale mentioned Rebecca's name she playfully replied. "Oh please Sophia, no need to be so formal. We're all here to have fun. Please, call me Rebecca." While Rebecca generally enjoyed the formality of titles, especially her Doctoral one, she was inclined to follow the Prince's tone, at least in public. Once back in court Ale would again become 'Your Majesty'. Turning to Davis she said, "and I would have no objection to Mr. Davis joining us."

Rebecca let out a light chuckle. "If I only did things that were 'proper for a lady' I would have gone crazy myself long ago." Was it taboo to make light of your family's terrible fate? Som"Now, from time to time is one thing, but sometimes you just need to get your hands dirty and have a lot of fun." Chemicals. Gunpowder. Blood.

She was pleased to see that Davis accepted the idea of a challenge. She imagined his pride would not allow a different result. "Oh, I imagine Lina wouldn't need your...'training piece'." She turned to Lina, glancing over her athletic build. "I imagine you can handle yourself just fine," Rebecca said with a playful smile. She wasn't going to talk about the clearly capable woman as if she wasn't there.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “Is this that whole stranger danger thing? Cause if so, I’m keeping an eye on you.” Of course she was joking. And deciding to join the fun, makes her own clawing motion. Minus her Claws of course. Cause that was rude and no appropriate for those she was enjoying.

Smaller? She could do that.

There really wasn’t a good way to phrase what her Family business had been. Throwing around terms like Mafia always drew looks, and she didn’t want the extra attention.

“Amazing how parents seem to have their childrens lives figured out for them. Like, without even consulting them and then freak out when the kid finds something they enjoy. For my mother, it was her only child wanting to handle a gun and enter into a male dominated business.”
    A shrug.
    Whoa!

“Something her size? I was thinking along the lines of a 9mm I have for such occasions. A training piece seems a bit small and is quite frankly, a bad gun. I’ve never had luck with those things, like pea shooters, no power and no kick to teach it's handler what to expect. I’ll bring my 9 and she can decide what she wants to shoot.” A training piece? Her size? What was he saying about her?

“I’ve found that once one gets the general idea behind shooting and properly standing and gripping said weapon, they can handle any size after that. Granted it’s the kickback that gets em, but with proper education, that can be handled as well.”

Oh she was going to enjoy beating him on the range.

Nodding to Rebecca, “Sorry, habit.” And training. It was hard to use first names when a member of the First Estate.

Raising her still full glass, “Here’s to that! I’ve always enjoyed getting my hands dirty, keeps things interesting.” But would anyone expect anything less from a Gangrel?

She could only smirk as Rebecca came to Lina’s defense with the whole training piece thing. Was this the whole girls sticking together thing?
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

L
    Lina Moretti

A flash of intuition at the back of Lina's mind - was she being mocked...?

@John Davis - Want to toss me a Composure + Subterfuge to maintain that perfect poker face versus Lina's intuition about the internal hysterics before I give my next post?

4 sux Wits+Empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-19 13:35:16 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to You mocking me, Davis? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 1, 3, 9, 10, 9, 3, 10, 6 4 successes

J
    John Davis

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-19 17:00:30 John Davis rolls 4 to Poker Face (Composure 3 + Subterfuge 1) (10 Again) 2, 2, 5, 7 failure

L
    Lina Moretti

Yeaaaah. There were cracks in that poker face, and Lina knew he was getting a kick out of mocking her - because she was small? Were they in grade school?

"You've got a gift for me, hey? Better be a badass shotgun, John, and not some pop-gun," she murmured, an edge in her tone. She wasn't Invictus. If the Prince was concerned with her mouth, she'd pay the fucking Trivial. Who made fun of someone's size - really?

"Come on, though. Poking fun at someone for their size is beneath you, and Sophia's not much bigger than me, so."

Her menu found the table gently.

"But I'm not one to hold a grudge or overreact or whatever. It's a trivial thing to let it slide, wouldn't you say, Sophia? Doc?"

All slights could be forgiven, for the right price, and her price for the second piece of bullshit of the night was light, indeed. The relic of the Wild West could open his metaphorical wallet, and all would be well. The little brunette's eyes were locked on Davis's, and she smiled ever so peacefully, like she understood, like she was ready for everything to be okay again.

J
    John Davis

Davis' jovial expression slowly melted into a cold dead stare at Lina's response. As she strung her words together, the growl of the beast within grew louder.

Who was this spitfire to ask me for a minor boon? It almost excited him, he liked them with a little fight in them. But she would learn to respect her elders. It took a steady will to resist ripping her apart for the insolent gesture, embarrassing him in front of the Prince for the second time in under a ten minutes.

After a moment of silence that could be easily interpreted as contemplation, Davis put his menu down. Sitting up straight, Davis stares deep into Lina's eyes, searching for her beast. He places his hands on top of his menu. His heavy southern drawl softening, almost absent as he speaks.

"Lina, bless your heart. I was not poking fun at you, but as you think I was and demand I appease your honor, I place this proposition before you. A proposition you may find most sporting."

He continued without taking his eyes off Lina. She became his sole focus. The Prince and the Doctor, nor the entire room existed at this moment.

"You ask for a trivial gift. A token, a bauble. And I see your wager and raise. You see some things don't come free and require a gamble. The rewards are great for the victor. Therefore, you and I shall reach an accord at forty paces. Pistol against pistol. The one who strikes closest to the target..." Davis places his right hand on his heart. "... and strikes true, meaning no cheating, shall be the victor. You win, I will provide you with your minor gift. Should I win, I require something, slightly more."

Leaning closer to Lina, predator to predator.

"Do you accept?"

Davis knew the Prince and Doctor were watching. But they were Invictus, Lina was not. He would never move up the ladder with them if he let younger kindred challenge him without reprisal. Especially those not of the Estate. If she wanted her boon, she would have to earn the honor that came with receiving it. City with no Harpy. Ha.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca smiled as Ale spoke. "I imagine all parents believe their actions early on have long lasting effects for the future. Little do they know that each action has an equal and opposite reaction. In most cases, opposite is the key word," she added with a slight chuckle. Like a pastor's daughter becoming the party girl, parents always failed when they tried to force their child to be what they wanted them to be.

It was nice to see that Ale also called Davis out for his insinuations against Lina. A 9 millimeter sounded like the right size for a starter pistol, though she was no expert.

"Oh it's no worry Sophia. Names and titles are for work, and we most certainly aren't there tonight." She would never dream of being so familiar with the Prince, or anyone else from the First Estate, in their world, not unless explicitly told otherwise. But this was a bar, in public. Plus Ale had started with the whole 'first name' business.

And then the mood changed. Rebecca had not caught what apparently Lina had. Of course she had caught the suggestion of some training weapon, so Lina's words made some sense. Rebecca watched carefully as first Lina clearly demanded a trivial boon for the slight, only to have Davis counter with a gamble. Involving firearms. Now that did not sit right with Rebecca.

The expression on Rebecca's face appeared to completely change, for the first time in their presence, from one of casual enjoyment to one of cold seriousness. "Mr. Davis, how interesting that you ask for no cheating when you clearly chose a challenge involving something Lina already stated she was not trained in, and something you claim to be some 'expert' in. To me this challenge appears to merely be an attempt to shame and embarrass the woman to salvage your own pride. That would be like me challenging you to manufacturing chemical compounds. While I may not have asked for a gift for your slight if I was in Lina's position, this new attack is reprehensible. I suggest you graciously accept her offer, or I would say this matter is no longer trivial." Rebecca could handle snarky banter between Kindred, hell she'd been plenty snarky herself this evening. But the challenge felt downright underhanded, and she couldn't stay silent.

failure to detect emotion, 1 success for Tatemae
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-19 22:22:03 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 2, 7, 8, 2, 6 1 success
    2018-06-19 22:16:35 Rebecca Simmons rolls 1 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 4 failure

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The glass continues to turn in her fingers as eyes sparkle with amusement at Lina.

Girl had spunk and attitude, defiantly not a shrinking violet. She liked that.

Oh…and a Boon? She wasn’t bashful either. The Daeva would be one to watch, and one worth working with,

And Davis with a counter offer. She had to get out like this more often.

But then his terms, and the glass stops moving, eyes narrow at Davis.

Leaning back, she levels her eyes on him, “So, your idea is to have someone with little to no shooting experience enter a duel with you?” there was then a laugh, “You have to be fucking kidding me. Anyone worth their salt with a gun would not seek to prove it against someone with no skill. It’s a cowards way out of something small and trivial. Surely you, as a man of quality, are better than that. Because if not, things won’t progress well for you.” The glass begins to rotate once again, her peace said.

Looking back to Rebecca, the matter settled in her head, “It’s that the truth? I’m breathing proof of that.” Her mother seemed to die a little each time Ale came home with new bruises from proven her worth to the Family. She never wanted to see her daughter enter, let alone run, the Mafia.

An eyebrow was then raised. Seemed Rebecca had some bite to her as well. Her words were better said than her own, but Ale wasn’t known for being wordy.

Scacco matto.” Mutters the Italian with a smirk.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

11. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread