Ended
Watch

A Pleasant Spring Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

"Is that so?" Krieg arched his brows with interest. "It's good to see such devotion to a very important aspect of the world around us. Cthonic religions, such as my particular brand of faith value that immensely."

Krieg made a teasing show of surrender with his hands up, "I would say you resemble a wholesome girl-next-door Gangrel." He then continued, "There's immense amounts of history in the French Quarter. There's Kindred who were around from it's foundation. It's quite a wonderful occasion to hear them tell their tales."

"If you want to experience a cocktail of intoxication from a Kine, the best time is during Marti Gras. It's almost a rite of passage to randomly select from the inebriated cattle and ride that trip."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave another tilt of her head, "Do I look deadly? I do try to look non-threatening and carefree. It's just, I always wondered how I look to others."

"Drunk Cattle," Mable gives a laugh and a snort that makes her laugh again. "They are so funny to watch and so easy to tap."

"Cthonic religion? I can't say I know much about that. I would love to hear more." Interest was apparent in her voice.

K
    Krieg

"Deadly?" the Nosferatu considered the question. "To one who would not know of your nature, no, not at all. " Krieg then clarified, "Do not let that be a downside. Truly, the most terrifying predators bear the sweetest appearance. Just like how Venus fly traps attract prey. Deception is every bit as valuable as intimidation."

Krieg nodded in agreement, "That they are. It's quite entertaining."

The Acolyte smiled in response, "The Circle of the Crone. In one form or another, there are smaller faiths. As the three Abrahamic religions focus on a father figure in the sky, we focus upon Mother Earth." Krieg emphasized his point by stomping on the ground with his large boot. "The Goddess has countless names and faces. Rest assured she is behind every female heroine - and those re-written to be villains by jealous men. I'll take the word of Her over an angry petty child who will toss me into a lake of fire for disobeying one of the numerous outdated and silly rules."

The giant laughs off the heretical opinion. "The Crone is the first feminist. By extension, any good Acolyte would glorify her by support women and their causes. I make no secrets of my plans to see Sacramento become a utopia for women. To see their needs taken care of, given equal pay as men have enjoyed, and many of the other social issues that plague our society."

"She of Many Names speaks to those who listen. I am of a particular branch that venerates our rebirth as a means to enact her will upon the land."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I love the sounds of honoring the land. And I am for sure supportive of equal pay and rights for all." She gives a slight confused look, "What does it mean to venerate your rebirth? I'm sorry if I sound so ignorant but I really know nothing about religion of any sort, except I guess I have been told I act like a pagan. Really, I feel like I believe more like the first people on this land did. I believe that there are many spirits like the trees and wind have spirits. I hope that doesn't sound blasphemous or even childish."

Dang, someone told her that religion wasn't good small talk when you first are getting to know someone. Hopefully he won't mind. She didn't really know how to small talk anyway.

K
    Krieg

Krieg smiled at Mable, "I am most pleased to hear that."

A light shake of his head followed. "We are getting to know one another. Have no worries of offending me. I am slow to anger. As my Sire once told me, patience is the best virtue of all." His gaze shifted ahead to adjust along the curvature of the trail.

"Every single one of us was, at one point in time, a student. Prior to my arrival here in Sacramento, I was what was known as a Skald - a wandering storyteller, educator of the occult, and preserver of memories."

Krieg gestured with a sweeping hand to the forest, "You are not wrong in your understanding. Spirits exist. They are incorporeal, ethereal beings that have never known what life is like as humans do. It is a mystery forever out of their ability to understand. Their motives are truly incomprehensible, even to the most learned scholar."

"A spirit of some sort inhabits this park because it has been here since the trees were mere saplings. It is relatively untouched, and it is possible to commune with it. Albeit such a conversation would be a challenge, as we are new to its territory."

He chuckled, "I worked with a phone booth that would give me cryptic information as long as I provided it with non-U.S. minted currency. It had a bizarre fascination with French francs."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stopped walking and turned to Krieg, "Ok let me make sure I have this all straight. You were a wandering storyteller and then you were a spy?" A spy was the only thing that made sense since he got cryptic messages in a phone booth.

"Who did you spy for? The US? France? OOOO Germany???"

K
    Krieg

Krieg stopped nearly as abruptly as Mable did. He listened, then burst out laughing. "Oh Goddess," he nearly doubled over in hysterics. "A spy for France?" He continued laughing until the air run out of his lungs. After catching his breath, "No, no, no. That was not the case."

"The spirit that inhabited the phone booth was frequently used by the Carthian Movement. The spirit known as "Operator Eighteen." Why? I can only speculate." He shrugged.

"Anyhow, Operator Eighteen would give me the codes spoken by the Carthians. It took a while to break their code, but, it worked. It was certainly easier than following them on foot."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable covered her mouth to stiffle her own laugh. "Well, I guess I got the wrong end of that stick." She gat another melodic laugh. "So, I am guessing the Carthians were an issue for you folks? From what I know, around here they have always been a bit of a joke because they could never seem to get organized."

K
    Krieg

Krieg inclined his head toward Mable. Despite his instincts telling him not to get much closer, his willed himself to do so. "The Carthians from where I am from, were a very different breed than what Sacramento has ever seen." He nodded to the Priscus, "Are you familiar with the concept of "tyranny of the majority" by John Stuart Mill? He wrote about in his book, On Liberty."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable took a step closer to Krieg and in almost a whisper, "You may think me horribly under educated, but I don't am not familiar with anything even hinting at political. I am a nature girl through in through."

When Krieg gets close enough he might catch a sniff of her lavender scented skin and hair.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.