Ended
Watch

A Pleasant Spring Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

The giant being as tall as he was, further inclined his head to hear her response. It was then he detected the scent of lavender. "Quite a pleasant choice of aromatic," he complimented.

"As I said, everyone is a student, at some point in time." The former Skald re-assured her. "A majority of an electorate can and does place its own interests above, and at the expense of, those in the minority. Potentially, through tyranny of the majority, a disliked or unfavored ethnic, religious, political, social, or racial group may be deliberately targeted for oppression by the majority element acting through the democratic process."

Krieg paused for breath, "My Domain, and by extension, my Grove, were subject to Stalin's Order Number 227. It was the Carthian Movement's greatest success. They had never achieved a level of success on that magnitude. The Beast of Moscow "liberated" Bukovina in the name of freedom for the people."

"They should have renamed all of the roads to "Good Intentions."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable tucked a stray hair back behind her ear,
    "Thank you. I find the scent relaxing."

Mable chewed a lip,
    "Thankfully, the Carthian's who have been here in the past were more about wanting to have more equality and inclusivity. And as far as politics and life in general, it has been my experience that the saying 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' is very true. If a being feels they have even a smidge of power than the power begins to corrupt them. Maybe it's like a high powered celeb who begins to feel they can get whatever they want whenever they want. Or maybe it is a group who decide that to keep their power they need to make everyone else feel like they are unworthy. All any of this is, is bullying. I have noticed that those who need the most also give the most of themselves. They aren't afraid of lifting all those around them up as they lift themselves."

"I understand that there has to be some sort of chain of command, but that doesn't mean we can't help each other also. I don't know, sometimes I feel like maybe I am all wrong as a kindred. So many are pushing and shoving to get to the top of political, social, or even religious ladders. And here I am, trying to make the world a little bit better for humanity."

"I guess, one thing I do want to push out is evil. When I was .. well when I was younger, I thought things like me were evil. But I have learned evil disguises its self. I kill now, and I am very good at it. I try to only kill what threatens me or others. But that doesn't mean that what I kill is evil, they also feel that I am evil or wrong. I guess what I am now is a soldier in a war I didn't want. In my long about way of getting there, I guess I can see how the majority who were leading in the tyranny could have gotten to the level they achieved. Basically, they became the monsters they sought to stop. It's like when peasants revolt and tear down the walls of the governing body. Next a new governing body builds up and ends up oppressing someone else. It's a sick cycle."
    Mable gives a sad sigh.

She then gives a soft laugh,
    "I think this is why I stay in the woods as much as possible. While there is a life and death cycle and things hunt and feed on each other, it all works together. Nature is amazing, brutal, and beautiful."

K
    Krieg

Krieg listened silently, soaking in every word from Mable. It was an interesting perspective for him. Someone who had been around long enough to experience the local ebb and flow of Covenants, and in particular, his collectivist nemesis.

"This may surprise you. In hearing from you, that the local rabble rousers are terminally incompetent, is a welcomed relief. I do not base my assessments off of just a handful of interactions. I learn from multiple data points." Krieg let out a hearty chuckle, "If I keep this up, I might be mistaken for a Dragon."

Her self-appointed mission to improve others' welfare was quite interesting. "Mable, you have very noble ambitions, and I applaud you for it." He inclined his head down toward, bringing his face near to her own. "You have found a place, and you need only make it your sheepfold. What I can tell you, specifically, you Mable Wood, are on the right path of altruism."

Krieg raised a gloved leather hand up between team, "If change is to come for this Domain, it is important that the change be facilitated by those who will offer compassion to others. Oppression can be mitigated, given enough time, effort and resources."

"The spirits of the land will certainly be grateful in seeing that they have allies among the mortals."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt his chuckle surround her, it made her happy to hear it. He moved his face closer to her own and she felt the refreshing chill from his person. "Sheepfold? Altruism?" She laughed gently, "I don't know about that. I do know there is change happening. Our new Prince is a great start. And I plan to do what I can to make a change." Her lip twitched, "I guess you could say I am started at the grass root level."

"And how about you? Have you found a place? Have you found peace? Have you found happiness?" The last word was said softly because she felt happiness was so important for people. That and hope.

K
    Krieg

Krieg's hand slowly lowered to his side. "Indeed, she is working toward the betterment of our Domain. It is our duty to ensure that her vision comes to fruition."

"I have found happiness. It is in meeting the many faces of the Goddess. One such face stands before me."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is my plan to lend support to the Prince where ever I can and to help her make positive changes to the domain." Mable paused then shared, "Though after a clan meeting with her she probably thinks I am a fool. I dare say she thought many of my ideas a bit silly. But she is much more serious a type than I am."

"Aww, you are so sweet to say such things." Mable said sincerely.

Who would have known that this big scary looking guy was sweet, caring, and intelligent. She decided she should voice her thought, "When I first met you I was intimidated by your size. Then, when we met with the leader of the group on the borderlands... You spoke almost like a caricature of what you expected others would see you as. I sensed that was not who you really were, but I must say, I am pleasantly surprised at who you are this evening." She realized how horrible that probably sounded and quickly followed with, "What I mean, is … well... first I am sorry for drawing a hasty conclusion as to who you were based off of your clan and size etc. I should know better. People are always underestimating me or mistaking me to be something I'm not and I should try better not to do the same. And second, I find that you are a sweet, caring, and intelligent guy. Thank you for sharing that side of you with me."

K
    Krieg

A brow arched up, "What ideas did you have?" It was best to leave the question open enough for Mable to decide what she felt comfortable to reveal.

Krieg nodded in response, "A giant bald man who wears black all the time has that affect on others. It is like water flowing off of a swan's feathers."

A momentary silence passed. "Truthfully, my most vexing matter is these so-called "big and tall" shops. They carry the most hideous lines of clothing. These styles look like the seventies crawled out of the grave like some early George Romero film."

"We all make mistakes. It is a matter of learning from them that is which we improve. Much like how plants and animals evolve to better suit their environment."

He smiled downward to her, "They wanted to see a "friendly face."All part of the job." He shrugged. "It is quite alright," his gloved hand returned, moving slowly enough through the air to signal it's trajectory - Mable's right shoulder. "I appreciate your sentiment as well."

Should she permit his hand to rest upon her shoulder, she would feel that his glove is unnaturally colder than the surrounding environment.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Even with the glove on, Mable could feel his touch was cooler than her own. The coolness felt good, his touch also strangely felt good. Almost comforting. She decided not to try and read anything in it. She would probably read it wrong anyway.

"Oh my ideas were to try and figure out a way to get more kindred into the city. Which seems to have happened on its own accord, thankfully. I guess partly I was worried we didn't have the numbers we needed to fend off hunters and the brood, and any other interlopers." She pondered the thoughts of losing Alice to the brood before continuing, "My other ideas were for celebrations in court for the new Prince. She thought they were a bit silly and that others wouldn't want to do them."

K
    Krieg

Again, Krieg listened without interruption before responding. "It is not what you say, it is what people hear." His gloved hand gently squeezed her shoulder as a display of comradery. "Alessandra is now trapped by the Sword of Damocles. Each night, she must consider the big picture. With only oOne misstep, the horsehair rope will snap, and she will be impaled."

With his free hand he pointed to the forest, "You see this as a wonderful escape. I am certain she can see the exact same tract of land and think to herself, "gee, how many threats might be lurking just off the trail?" Perhaps your ideas of celebration were ill-timed, or maybe, they simply were not good. It's no shame to admit it. I've had plenty of terrible ideas."

Slowly, his free hand set upon her shoulder. A tender grip held on. "As I said before, all of us, are at one point in time, a student. Our predatory nature magnifies the worst aspects of us and we must fight against it at every turn."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, I think she does see the potential threats. And I aim to help keep those threats at bay."

Mable looked up to his face, "It's funny but I see the kine as being worse than I am now. I see them lying and hurting each other for possessions, greed, love and other things. I now know who I am and accept it for better or worse. But I somehow feel like I have a better understanding now about what really matters. And yes, love matters. But it is more about how you love. If you love someone and see then as your possession then that isn't the right way."

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.