Ended
Watch

(1806) Whip, Shadow, & Fun

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    Jason Mills

After being properly introduced by Ms. Wood, Jason steps out from beneath her shadow and reveals himself to the man known as Taft who was apparently the head of his family in this domain. Being that she had already provided a name Jason opted to not waste words on repeating it, instead when turned his attention more direct, to the business at at hand, permission to hunt. "I am new in town and I was told by Ms.Wood here that I needed to be acknowledged to become a recognized member of her Graces domain. As the Priscus of Mehket I'd imagine you would be the guy to have words with on the subject" Maintaining a hold on his beast was starting to get harder and harder. He went from only being directly faced by one beast that instilled fear in his own to now being in a group with others that his beast saw as nothing greater than a rival.

That rubber banding of fear and aggression was almost nauseating. Perhaps, if he was fast enough, he could just start swinging at shit and just maybe he could connect with something and savor the satisfaction of sinking his claws into one of them before Ms. Wood brought him to his knees. His beast rustled, lavishing at the premise but fortunately for him, and the other contenders whose blood was as thin as his, his level head prevailed.

V
    Vivian York

The Ventrue seemed to have a thing with business cards no matter where she resided. It was charming, but Vivian wondered if it was a required family ordeal.

The Daeva greeted yet another Neonate with a smile. "Welcome Mr. Mills, I am sure I will save your Priscus a little time with having you read the Laws of the Domain now." She was the Seneschal, and didn't really need permission to do so with Lawrence, although she hoped he appreciated it.

"Once you have read Mr. Mills and agree to Pledge your Fealty to Her Majesty, then your Priscus may need to fill you in on other things." Each Family was different, and Vivian wasn't about to assume the duties of his Priscus.

They may have said they agreed to follow the Laws, but only one was pledge sworn. Just so there was no confusion later, the Daeva addressed all those that were new. "For all of you who are new here and read and agreed, I will need you to recite the following. 'I agree to Pledge my Fealty to Her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions.'" She waited for any and all to process the pledge who did not recite.

Turning to Lawrence, she slightly chuckled while awaiting the new Shadow to read. "My word, it's like Fleet Week in New York." The Daeva had picked the perfect week, intentionally, when she was doing the brief tour de Americas before arriving in Sacramento. If she'd been human, some of them may have broken her with their bedroom gymnastics. "In case you would like to take him aside, how about we meet another evening somewhere to have a long overdue conversation."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina Moretti, totally learned scholar of the Ordo Dracul, had no idea what Fleet Week was.

However, it wasn't about that right now. She'd have to ask that question of her Priscus later - for the moment, it was time to swear an oath.

"I agree to pledge my fealty to her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions."

It was paint by numbers. Move to Domain. Accept laws. Avoid breaking laws. She glanced around, curious to see if any were having internal challenges with what had been put forward.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron accepts the card with a pleasant smile, and responds calmly, 'Yes. Likewise.' When yet another Kindred arrives, who seems to identify himself mostly with his family, the Dragon immediately wonders if he's Unaligned. For now, it seemed like all these new Kindred would have quite an impact on the Domain.

Or rather, might have. The Invictus is good enough at leading. They probably invented it.

So naturally, a pledge follows. To the Lord, it seems that merely changing the words of what he had already said was somewhat ceremonial. Equally conventional, since this was not like Dominate. But if it mattered to the Seneschal, he would not object.

'I agree to pledge my fealty to her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions.'

Then he waits, to see if there are any other formalities to go through.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Words indeed. "Mr. Mills. Welcome to our fair city. As... the Seneschal has pointed out, an oath is required before we proceed. Though I imagine you and I have much to discuss afterwards." Even Taft's interest in Dragons is dwarfed by the appearance of another Shadow. Priscus or not: this merits investigation. To further his point, he adds "Take a look at these Laws and swear on them. Then, I think, it would be best we continued our conversation alone." Though the Seneschal had taken some of the legwork - to which he has little opinion - the company of Shadows holds a keen edge over standing in a gaggle of Daeva.

"Seneschal York,"
    he says, using her more official title "you need only call on me. But I thank you for the opportunity to vet this new arrival.." As he says this, his eyes fall on Mills again. How would this new cousin fit into the grande scheme of things? An interesting thought.

As the two Dragons sweat their fealty to the Prince, Taft's cogs begin to spin. New blood, new ideas. New opportunities. A mental note of Moretti and Valen is made - a sort of page holder for future reference - and he suspects he will call on them again.

"When you are ready, Mr. Mills."
    It doesn't sound like a request. Taft gestures to an opposing side of the room, away from the throngs. Taft excuses himself, with one last nod towards Seneschal York.

Taft waits for Mills over here.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

6. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As the Shadow in the shadows stepped into the group proper, her Catalyst spoke up against the invader, which was interesting because she was still an invader in this town herself. And as she pressed the feeling down again, it appeared that Vivian decided to handle the acknowledgement of the newcomer herself. Rebecca wondered how the man's Priscus would respond to the situation. Turned out Taft didn't appear to be bothered by it at all, though appearances could be deceiving. Regardless, it was clear he had more to say than simply accepting a pledge.

For a moment Rebecca pondered if her words of pledging had already been sufficient. But the moment passed and she decided there was no harm making her pledge clear, especially when Acknowledgement was on the line. In a pleasant tone she said, "I agree to Pledge my Fealty to Her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions." It was always best to be exact.

J
    Jason Mills

A vampiric pledge of allegiance, for some reason that came as no surprise to Jason at all, such formality definitely did fit the theme of the place where everyone seemed to have regalia in their name. If he had to guess, those titles were strict and taken seriously, "Alright then, I agree to Pledge my Fealty to her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand that there will be consequences for my actions" as if I'd stick around long enough to see them he thought. To the rest of the group he offers a short fair well, "Again, my name is Jason. It was nice meeting you all, hopefully we will have an opportunity to meet again and become better aquainted, perhaps somewhere a little less formal" he says with a quint smile and with that he turns his attention back to Priscus Taft who he promptly follows into a less crowded area of court for further discussion.

Jason follows Taft

V
    Vivian York

It had went better than the Daeva anticipated. She was prepared for any sort of push-back from them, but there was no need. She was as new to being Seneschal as Ale was to Prince. So far, things were going swimmingly.

"Thank you Mr. Taft. I shall call on you sooner than you anticipate." She said with a joking tone, yet there was no joke about it. Vivian nodded to Jason in an acceptance of his pledge.

Looking to Lina, Rebecca and Aaron, she nodded in acceptance of theirs as well. "Wonderful, all of you. So welcome to the Domain of Sacramento. Aside from the Laws, do any of you have any other questions? Culture, clubs, shopping or etc.?"

"Whether you came from a large metropolis, or a small town, I think Sacramento's Domain has much to offer in both aspects. It has quiet spots and places to have conversations as well as night clubs and other city attractions." Her hands went up in a slight demonstration mode, then paused abruptly.

"Wow, I sound like I should be doing commercials for Sacramento tourism." Smiling brightly, hoping to ease any nerves.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina gave a small smile to the Seneschal.

"You definitely seem to know the place. Honestly, I think I wouldn't mind the opportunity to explore it myself and get a proper meal in, but when you have some time, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to check in one on one with you, Priscus," the small Dragon replied. "See about what sorts of family business I can help out with, or just enjoy a night out, perhaps?"

She produced an investigator's notebook from her little bag and wrote her phone number down, offering it to Vivian.

"Just in case you need to get a hold of me, ma'am."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Thank you,' Aaron replies, sincerely. Suddenly it seemed as if this had all been done easily. Now they can talk about culture and shopping already?

'I have no further questions for now, Seneschal York.' When Lina states she wants to discuss Daeva business with her Priscus, the Lord takes his cue, 'I will leave you to discuss other matters.'

There would be plenty of time to find them later. He has a particular interest in them both, but there are many more Kindred here he can get acquainted with.

Back to main thread

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread