It is not often that Aaron has fed from - there's no nice way to say it - the lower regions of human society. He is a Lord, he has acquired a taste. But he is also a Lord in a totally unknown Domain. Under the guise of better safe than sorry, he decided to make his first hunt somewhere on the outskirts of town. Far enough that it had to be considered the Barrens.

Down to the damned Barrens. I would almost be glad that Maerten will never know of this. Almost.

This part of town is simply less inhabited. There are shady deals going on in dark corners. Not many people wander the streets alone. Everyone is on edge. Nevertheless, Aaron is hoping to be lucky, because he thinks like his prey.
There must be one man that comes down here because he really has no other place to go. Yet he needs his fix. And no one may know, so he decides to get his fix somewhere far from his home.

Just where would a scenario be likely this happen? Aaron slowly drives his car around the edges of West Sacramento for a while. Then he sees it, a motel, perfect. He parks closely to it, the Ridge Motel, and waits. Tonight he is not the predator that chases his prey. Tonight he waits until the prey steps into his web.

Nearly one hour and quite some self reflection later, the right prey seems to arrive. The business man with “nice enough” car quietly stops nearby. Probably a family man whose wife is bored of his sex. Or a dedicated workaholic simply without time to find a girlfriend. Because next to him is someone that - and I hate to make generalized assumptions - must be a prostitute. There’s not too much business to take care of before they can make it into one of the motel rooms.

Aaron lets them do their thing. It'll be over soon. Hardly twenty minutes later the working girl steps out of the room and makes her way into the night. Time for the Dragon to make his move.

As soon as the woman is around the corner, he steps out of his car and within a minute he knocks on the motel room door. Early enough for him to be exhausted and unsuspicious, early enough that his female-attention fix might have forgotten something.

The door opens, and one split-second is enough. The man is surprised and attempts to say something, but the Lord already caught his gaze: 'Wait, you'll make a good decision to let me inside. You will lie down and rest on the bed for a while... until I have fixed the shower head for you.'

How random, but it doesn't matter. Because once inside, it's easy game.

Fade to Red