DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Chasing Rumours

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mabel makes her move first and draws up close to the big man and his pot of paint. He reeks of leather, tobacco, and chemicals. The man dares to draw out his response, finishing with last lick of paint before he turns toward the little homely woman. His glare speaks volumes of lusty misogyny.

John Davis' voice carries across the heady air, smashing like a freight train into an already awkward moment.

The big man with his ferocious face, bandana and corded arms, pauses slightly while his eyes sweep up and down the street.

"We're... Cleaning up this wall. Got some complaints about the level of graffiti on properties around here. My guess it was enough to get something done. Yup." His voice was low but built for shouting.

John Davis' call had alerted the man in the parked pickup's driving seat as well. He laconically popped his head through the window, staring up and down the street with an annoyed frown.

When Clara appeared his mouth dropped open under his bushy moustache. The Daeva's enhanced hearing stole a hushed expletive slip from his lips. "Er. Yeah. Think so. Most like." He stuttered afterward. "Ah... You seen any more like it?"

All the while the Shadow Deputy draws near. At least she can check out the pamphlet: a new church group. On he surface the pamphlet looks legit. There, however, some tells suggesting something more: references to an End Time; a time of troubles; and the formation of a Tribulation Militia. As Izyaoi draws near she can make out how the graffiti on the ruins mimics some of the symbols on the pamphlet.

So does Clara: a stylised image that could either be a Phoenix rising or a ball of fire. Its hard to tell as its half painted over.

2. Likes liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Heightened Senses already activated.

Davis' observation fails to notice any reaction from Izayoi. Probably because there wasn't one. However, his attention is drawn to another sound. Voices elsewhere on the street. He cocks his head to listen.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-15 07:38:13 John Davis rolls 5 to Listening to Men with Truck (Wits 2 + Composure 3) (10 Again) 7, 3, 4, 5, 2 failure

He hears about tearing down a wall. Something about a giraffe in the neighborhood. And from the conversation on the phone, perhaps more than one.

My word. This city is a veritable zoo without keepers.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The tides of Jigoku rise and fall, the demon within her breast gnaws upon the iron bars of her control. Lightly, she taps the pamphlet against her fingers, the edges worried by her fingernails.

The Tribulation Militia, Izayoi did not like the sound of that, but had she heard word of this movement before....?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-15 16:04:59 Izayoi Goto rolls 3 to Tribulation Militia? (int 2 + streetwise 1) (10 Again) 9, 3, 3 1 success
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gritted her teeth as the Daeva pushed by. Oy? What is she British or something?Mable just shakes her head, then she looks to the man painting, "First, do you have permission from the building owner to paint over this? If so, where is the proof? Second, I am supposed to mark down all new vandalism for my boss to keep in his records. So, Let me just jot down the symbols." Mable then uses her notebook where she keeps the tree info and draws what's left of the symbols etc. She also glances at the truck and writes down the license plate info.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Never would've thought of that, Clara thought as the other woman took out a notepad.

The Daeva turned her body away from the man asking her, everything about her stance screaming that she wanted to keep running and not have this conversation. Instead, the woman bit her lip lightly and turned on her heel to lock eyes her gaze with the man's eyes. "Not until tonight, no--but, ya know, my brother. His Instagram has been nothing but him posing next to these." Clara said motioning towards the vague phoenix/ball of fire.

Clara's body mimicked exasperation and exhaustion completely unrelated to her run.

"...Do you guys know anything? I just want to know if I should butt into his life." Her eyes gave a cursory glance at the paint. "And anything that makes ya want to cover it up at this time of night...it's enough to make me worry."

8. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Suspicion and honesty ran across the face of the lean man with the bushy moustache. It was a curious combination rendered stranger still in the half light and Clara's heightened senses.

"Girl, you tell your brother to stay away from that group. They get in your head, like a cult, see." Oh yes, the Daeava heard correctly: he said "group" not "gang".

Sound bounces around the ruins and the street, making translation difficult. John Davis does not have the time to decipher the real meaning before he has reached the shops, Clara, and the pickup.

Izayoi comes from the opposite direction and reaches the ruined lot where Mable and the heavy-set guy with paint and bandana are conversing. Tribulation Militia rings no bells. A gang perhaps?

"Permission? We work for the city. Subcontractors, you know how it is. We got the most basic of briefs this morning and we've been running all over town cleaning up this shit. Now I'd really like to get paid, right? But we can wait if you want to mark this tag down... For, whatever. Now, we'd really like to get paid and we've had a fucking long day. So can we please get on with it... What did you say your name was?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-16 19:24:10 Big guy to brusquely brush off authority rolls 7 to Presence + Intimidation (10 Again) 1, 3, 4, 1, 6, 9, 8 2 successes

The big guy's voice rumbled with a dangerous timbre as he openly watched Mable make her notes. His head flicked up, once, as the Shadow came into view and his body language tensed up a notch.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable does not even glance at the man while she makes her notes. "What's your names and which city division do you work for?" She ignores his request for her name for now. She lets out a frustrated sigh for effect.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her mind turns, her hand are busy with the pamphlet which she folds and slips into a pocket, as her steps take her to the Gangrel Priscus.

"Ah, Miss Wood! Just women I was after, it seems there's been some sort of...something at work." she says vaugely enough that it could talk of anything and not countradict any lies or schemes the wholesome savage had already hatched, while offering a elegant shrug and a affable smile, though clearly there's other things on her mind. "Is everything okay here?" she asks, seemingly more because she must.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-16 20:47:18 Izayoi Goto rolls 6 to totes legit person (Manip 2 + Subterfuge 3 + 1 SL) (10 Again) 6, 4, 3, 4, 4, 3 failure
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

J
    John Davis

As Davis approaches he can see and hear the men in the truck clearer. His attention focused on the driver who appeared to be getting more and more upset. Those giraffes must be raking havoc on the city. Contractors, working for the city? he thought. Let's see about that.

Activates Awe and Revelation

2 successes

"Pardon my intrusion, I couldn't help but overhear talk of work for the city, subcontractory, and the pattering of feet, scrambling across the urban landscape cleaning up feces." How many giraffes are we dealing with. Turning to notice the mural. "How lewd. Glad to see you taking care of it."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-16 19:57:53 John Davis rolls 11 to Revelation on heavy set guy (Manipulation 4 + Persuasion 4 + Majesty 2 + SL 1_ (10 Again) 2, 9, 4, 7, 10, 3, 4, 1, 1, 10, 3, 4, 5 3 successes

If successful, Davis will try to steer the man's confession.

"I would like to second the young lady's question, being the concerned citizen that I am. Do you have a business card with your information on it? You know, name, company, contact information. I don't see how you can contract with the city and not have said info available. Maybe on the work order the city gave you? You know now that I think of it, I could use a good painter to come by my apartment for a change of color. Maybe you are available. I of course would need to see your license. The last contractor I hired did a horrible job." Looking at Mable. "Guy had been coning the whole city. The lesson never hire an unlicensed contractor." Turning back to the heavy set man. "So, what would you like to tell me?"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-16 20:34:46 John Davis rolls 8 to Attempt to steer the heavy set guy's confession to the matter at hand (Manipulation 4 + Socialize 3 + SL 1) (10 Again) 3, 8, 4, 6, 9, 10, 2, 2, 7 3 successes

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Inquire 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-17 13:43:20 Clara E. Verne rolls 5 to answer my question pretty please (Man 3 + Emp 1 + Social Cham 1) (10 Again) 5, 1, 2, 8, 1 1 success

Clara's eyes lit up. She felt the twisting knot of excitement as Beasts pressed closer and closer. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Goto and apparently Mable work together to corner a defensive query. "A cult," Clara said with a sigh. She'd take a step back, and then a step in the direction of the mustached man, "They got a name?"

This sounded a lot less and less like the hunters Clara was here to investigate. There isn't much reason to keep this going longer than it needs to. Her demeanor gave off the impression of someone deep in thought. The concerned sister that seemed to have a lot on her mind waited for an answer and pulled her hoodie tight over her features. She gave a dry "Thanks" and excused herself with a sniffle.

She turned on her heel to walk away from the men. Her eyes watched as fellow Kindred seemed to congregate. Maybe they had found something worthwhile. Maybe tonight was a bust and she'd end it with a shower and lack of answers.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread