Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow lifts toward Krieg. She understood his point... Buster was trespassing. And as an acknowledged kindred to Saul, that could be seen as Saul trespassing. But then there was the fact that Saul did not claim the land as his. In fact ... that seemed to be what was having an issue with Buster over.

”My advice would be to get as much out of this as we can. Use Saul as a buffer. But don’t rely on him. As you said, consider installing our own in Citrus Heights”

“But we also need to send a message to Saul. He doesn’t think he wants to mess with us and we need him to know that that is the wisest choice. That you know he is there, that he is allowed to stay only by your grace.”

“And that is what I would use Buster for. Once we find him, we send him back to Saul as the message.”
    How she wished to do that was her call. Everything from a bottle of Buster ash to a simple verbal warning was on the table. If she went this route, it was her call on what opening hand to play.

Within that hand choice would also be the decision on if she wanted their small group to reveal their true allegiance or to maintain the charade they had presented to Saul.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Trespassing is trespassing.” She didn’t like where Saul was, but expanding their terrority to take over whatever he currently claimed was not a smart move. At least not yet.

“Last we saw of them was leaving with their tails between their legs. And I’m sure the Brood will return at some point and attempt to exact some type of bullshit revenge, they’re not the brightest there is. But there is something to be said for making nice to learn exactly what power Saul has and when the best time to strike is.” She could play nice with him, sure. But it would only be to learn about him, his weakness and then remove him.

She nods at Mable. “Sometimes violence isn’t the right course of action just yet.” It had worked with San Francisco, maybe it could here as well.

Now Twists advice she was most interested in hearing. The Daeva had been in the Domain the longest, seen many come and go and survived over the years.

So the Citrus Heights idea was well received. To her it had seemed like the best way to keep a close eye on the activity.

"Moving someone up there should be discussed further, but not right now." who would she move there? It had to be someone she could trust.

“There are a few options on how to handle Buster. Permanently removing him from play is one. Though not one I am too keen on, it doesn’t send a strong message.” Not in her opinion anyway.

“Beating him into torpor is another, but in all fairness, it wouldn’t be that impressive.” She’d seen Kindred drop too quickly that way.

“Sending him back to Saul not whole is another. It shows that we found him, punished him for trespassing, yet wanted him alive to be further punished. It also allows for some fun and creativity. Do we take his legs, his arms, or only one of each? Hell, maybe we decide to take his fangs. Or maybe even his eyes. The possibilities are endless.” Her tone was calm and without a care, like she was talking about the weather.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled a sly grin, "I really like the fangs idea." Then she sat up straighter, "I will make sure he is brought to you alive and well. Is it ok if I tie him up like cattle in a rodeo first?" She really felt like Buster was messing around with the natural order of things and wanted him punished.

K
    Krieg

He felt no strong ties for Buster or Saul. However, he considered the long view. "As much as it would be appropriate, I must disagree from a pragmatic standpoint. Returning Buster in tact, Saul will very likely have less questions for us to answer. Saul thinks we did him a favor, and we build that extra layer of trust with him."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nodded in agreement to holding off on the discussion of Citrus Heights.

If she was bothered by Alessandra's tone, she didn't let it show. Listening to her she simply noted that this meant that Buster would be taken 'alive', as Mable pointed out. Though she did slightly raise an eyebrow at the woman's mention of tying him up for a rodeo. That was... unexpected.

Kreig brought up an interesting point.

"If we wish to maintain our undercover identity in Saul's court, that is a valid concern. Bringing him back maimed as a message means we loose that. We will be identified as belonging to Sacramento."

"My concern in keeping that disguise is that Sacramento may look weak. That we don't patrol our borders enough to have found the intruders or assuming we pretend they did find us ... that we got off with merely a warning? Four trespassing Kindred searching out a 5th?
    She shakes her head slightly. Leniency was one thing, but that... that was dangerous. That would only tell Saul that Sacramento was ripe for taking.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow was raised, tie him up like cattle in a rodeo? She’d heard rodeos talked about on that cruise she went on a couple years ago. “It’s typically easier to simply knock him into torpor, but I don’t care how it’s done.” If Mable felt a strong urge to tie him up, let her have at it.

Her attention is drawn to the giant, “So building this trust you have with a false Prince is more important than showing that your own is not weak or a push over?” she asks calmly. “What are you hoping to get from this Saul? How long do you believe you can keep up the little charade you are playing?” did Krieg have an ulterior motive in all this? “I’m truly curious on this matter. I don’t seek to put any of you in danger, but I will not have this Domain appear weak and like we don’t patrol our borders.” One rogue Kindred crossing over was bad, but three was unacceptable. And it made her look weak and not in control.

Eyes look to Twist and it was clear Ale was thinking over what the Daeva said. “I understand the problems it creates.” She did, but it created others as well.

She leans her head against a hand, clearly lost in thought for a few moments.

“It’s a difficult situation. Each option present problems that we have to be careful with. But this Domain will not appear weak.”
    Then an idea. “But maybe I have a solution, one I’ve already used once, years ago. We had Kindred from San Fran trespass looking for another, they were caught and brought here. I was Reeve at the time and was able to work out a deal with San Fran that saw no blood shed and earned us favor with the other Domain. Perhaps that can work here. Our friend from San Fran owes Boons for his guys crossing into the Domain without asking, and sometimes Boons are worth more than simply ashing another.” The idea was offered, “Thoughts? I don’t want to put any of you in danger with this Saul, so I’m open to ideas.”

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable received a few strange looks for her 'fun' suggestion. Well, not everyone had her sense of humor she guessed. And she couldn't help it, even in serious situations her humor just tumbled out of her mouth.

Listening intently to the others Mable nodded at the different suggestions. All good thoughts. The situation was complicated. Mable had her own feelings and thoughts on the matter.

"I may be incorrect, if I am please let me know. Saul and his group are not technically trespassing but the are on our borders. Therefore we have no issues with Saul. He however, may have issues with our small group crossing into his area and lying to him. His guy Buster has crossed into our territory and is doing unsavory business. Also, Buster has not come forward and asked for permission to be hanging out here in our Domain. Saul is not happy with Buster and would like him back so he can punish him as he sees fit. Why don't we return Buster to him. Apologize for the deceptions on our part with the explanation we were investigating him because he was on our borders. The truth is never a weak position. We could set up further talks with him about the border issues. Perhaps even invite him and his group to become part of the domain with giving them tenancy or something for the border area. That way he still basically owns the area and can invite people as he sees fit. and he will also be invested in the domain and its protection."

Her ideas were probably going to be scoffed at again, but at least she knew she spoke her own feelings and truths.

K
    Krieg

The Acolyte steepled his fingers. "He who sits beneath the Sword of Damocles must be alert at all times," Krieg replied to the Prince. "Based on our initial investigation, Saul does not demonstrate that alertness." The large man spread his gloved hands apart, palms facing outward.

"A few well placed rumors can sow discord."
    His shoulders arose and fell, "Perhaps, it is not just Buster is roaming into Sacramento, but other members of Saul's congregation. Maybe Pixie is eying Saul's chair. Fostering the belief that they can flout his leadership is a viable option. He will be caught up in disciplining his wayward associates. The fear of Sacramento's wrath - even if it does not ever manifest - will be incentive to stay far away." Krieg inclined his head toward Ale. "Should the need arise, make his destruction so frightening that the very name of Saul becomes a warning for others that it is only spoken about in hushed whispers."

"If you worry that I may have something sinister in mind, I am willing to subject myself to enhanced interrogation."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was curious as well, glancing to Krieg as Alessandra asked her questions of him. Saul was a nobody. A nobody who didn't want to piss off Sacramento but wasn't actually afraid of Sacramento either. He just didn't feel like getting into a fight with Ale. To see who was stronger as in his mind he wasn't actually convinced Ale was.

Ale brought up an intriguing possibility. The diplomatic route. A nod, "Avoiding bloodshed, forging ties, establishing awareness. It sounds like a wise path forward." She resisted adding that whatever Ale decided, she herseld was not scared of Saul.

She looked to Mable, "It isn't that the truth is weak, it is more that if we come back with Buster and only apologies, we look weak. We look as though we have borders that when penetrated, receive no consequences. As far as inviting him into our domain," she spread her hands slightly, "What do we offer that he doesn't already believe he has? He has tenancy. His own. He already invites people to join as he sees fit. That is how we received our fake acknowledgment. And he is likely as invested already in Sacramento staying strong as we are in his domain staying strong."

And then Krieg was answering. There were a lot of what ifs in his statement and a small crease crinkled her forehead. Too many in her mind to make a judgment off of, but ultimately it would be up to Ale on whether or not to heed it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens to Mable.

“The problem is with Sacramento appearing not to guard its borders. One rogue Kindred walking around is one thing, but more than that and we look weak and that is not acceptable. I get what you are saying, there is merit in it. But I’m not apologizing to some random guy who thinks he’s a Prince on the fringe of this Domain. If he can’t keep his people in line, that’s on him. As to inviting them to join us? Perhaps if he had approached us before moving in and allowing his people to trespass, I might be more open to such an idea.”
    He decided to make his home on their outskirts.

Looking to Krieg, “Than that is a weakness that will be his downfall.” Simple to her.

“Sowing fear and mistrust can be useful. Making others afraid of Sacramento takes more than well placed rumors. Most need a demonstration, a visual of some sort to drive the point home so to speak.” She was more of an action type of girl, but she saw merit in what Krieg said. “These rumors, humor me here, is something you are confident you can plant and grow to fruition?” see, she was considering all options offered to her.

A snort and chuckle at his offer. “I’ll keep that in mind.” She wasn’t worried, at least not enough to call in a Shadow to interrogate him yet.

Nodding to Twist.

“Perhaps that is the path we take. At least at first.” She begins, “It gives us a chance to feel out Saul and how invested he is in keeping his little area. That isn’t to say removing him isn’t out of the question, it’s still there. But sometimes having ties to another can benefit us in the long run. Give him a chance to prove himself worthy of being a neighbor. It wouldn’t take much to end him if we had to, why not get something from him?” the Boons they had from San Fran had proven useful in getting allies. “But that’s not to say we won’t be keeping tabs on him and his movements, we expect the worst and are prepared as such. Lets see if he’s willing to play ball.” A sly smile appears.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread