Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1806) Sanctuary 17

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot shrugs at Winter's tone and comments. "Doubt it. Mostly I'm asking so that if there's some kind of problem I run into, I know who the Councilors are if I need to get in touch with someone with different knowledge than I have. If there's an issue with the Veil, are there Heralds I can get in touch with to let the Guardians know? If I have beef with someone, are there Sentinels who'll keep the peace or can I just deal with it as I see fit?"

"But if we're basically a loose book club and that works, fine. I'll keep it in mind for the future."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

A
    Alastor

Alastor had leaned against a pillar, arms crossed firmly as he took it all in. A Consilium in session. Problems being discussed, with a little sniping and a little uncertainty. It looked to him like this place was finding its feet.

That was fine. Everything had to start somewhere, even Consilia. He chilled, let 'em speak, heard 'em out. There was less to be gained from flapping his jaws than there was in keeping his peace and letting his ears do the work.

Eventually, it got to a point where it was appropriate to chime in.

"Speaking of keeping the peace, I figure I should introduce myself." He gave a relaxed wave. "My name is Alastor, with the Adamantine Arrow. I'm no Sentinel, obviously. But if you guys are having issues with some of these issues you're discussing, I'm here to serve - and that includes helping to study oddities such as... breaks in reality."

A soldier without knowledge was a soldier who was going to fucking die.

Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The elegant arch of Banshee's brows raise, the motion stark against her bone pale complexion.

The blond, yes. Interesting. Informative. The older man...she did not wish to know of which animal had crawled into his rectum and suffocated. Leaving it's rotting carcass behind.

Dismissing the man with an unnoticed roll of her eyes. Banshee could feel herself smirk. This place was that of originated chaos. The Councillors were scant. Didn't seems to be Sentinals or Heralds....and no Hierarch

This place was a fucking goldmine. People spoke of Sacramento like it was the untamed west, Banshee hadn't believed them.

"Yes, introductions." because to not after the other new arrival - Alastor - had might wail of bad taste. "I'm Banshee. Of the Free Council."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

That makes two and one. Not too concerning just yet.

"Do we want to start forming a more coherent structure? Even a minimal structure would be somewhere to start."
    The young Mystagogue takes a look around at the others. There are not many mages in town.

"Maybe nothing too big. Kind of defeats the purpose if half the town has positions and what not."

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Complex organizations exist to manage the complexity that comes with many complex beings interacting," Epitaph declared, breaking her silence after long moments.

"As has been established, we are not many. The presence of the Awakened Nation in Sacramento is small. As such, I believe that we should not distract ourselves. We have our Orders. Soon, we will have our Cabals. Is that not enough? If one seeks protection, they should find the means themselves, or turn to the more martial amongst us, such as Alastor. If one seeks knowledge, the Mysterium, and even the Free Council, are represented here. There is a Guardian to protect the Veil. All we are missing is the Silver Ladder. Is this not enough?"

Her unnatural eyes swept around the room, pausing so that each visage would feel the weight of her gaze.

"There are other matters that require our attention. For instance, a more efficient way to share information strikes me as more important. Listening to us describe our most recent explorations is well and good, but what if I was kept away by other business? Well, then we would be relying upon the grape vine, as it were. Surely there is a better way, even if it is only the sharing of reports."

8. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"This Concilium was almost totally wiped out through the actions of the Seers. As numbers fell through... attrition... so the Concilium positions fell away. There has not been a Hierarch in some time. It is the same with the old positions of Herald and Sentinel. And further, there was no need once our numbers shrank to such an extent a single Cabal represented the Consilium. But yes, being a glorified book club would be a welcome - as you say, upgrade."

He sighed.

"For what it is worth, I have been counted as the Councillor for the Path of Doom before."

He nodded to Alastor @Loki and Banshee Saber Sloth

"You should speak with Vauban," he indicated to the living dead girl.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Banshee nods, believing it will go unnoticed. The motion is simplistic and she barely impacts any but herself.

"We are a Pentacle for a reason." she says, the words low. Seemingly only to herself, but for her fleeting eyes. They track the presence of those around her.

Another nod, "Vauban, yes. I will seek him out." she says haunted voice, a whisper given direction.

"I could do a newletter....I mean, if you have not the AetherNet." Banshee asks, fleeting eyes once more taking in the room. Would her words be heeded, or would they be taken as another Libertine wanting more.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"Doubt even a Guardian could complain about some kind of periodical left in a place as warded to the rafters as here." Says Knot, examining the nails of one hand after buffing them on his shirt.

Better than the fucking internet at least, he thinks. He doesn't say it, because hell, no reason to shit on a good idea by snubbing the old one. He looks around, in case anyone else has anything to bring up. As is, Knot's tapped out for topics.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The odd duo was trying to get under his skin, whether intentionally or not, it was up in the air. "The Pentacle it might be, but this is a Consilium and not an Assembly"
    Hopefully the Libertine would get the message. One day in, and they were already talking politics.

A thumb followed the pattern of woodgrains over the arm of his chair. "Magus Knot", he said meeting his interlocutor's gaze,"If it's the lack of structure that concerns you, we can all agree to convene a path meeting and fill the vacant seats" His mind raced over to Sand and Judas.

"As for book clubs and other editorial ambitions", he deferred to Campanella's and Aurora's authority, "I'm sure the Councilors might be willing to discuss the proposition once suitable representatives of each Watchtower have been drawn". Likely, it was the most he had spoken this week. ​Fucking politics.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot snorts with badly suppressed laughter. "Find me another Acanthus and I'll Duel them for it if neither of us want it. Not that it matters, Guardian. This isn't a Consilium, it's a bunch of independent Wizards with a shared hub." He gestures dismissively at the idea.

"It's a book club, don't try and make it more than it is and insult both Consillia and Book Clubs in doing so."

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, Vincent, liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread