(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The decor on this evening seems to accentuate the privacy afforded by the corners of the club. The one Taft leads his kin to seems to embody this - the dark satin couch adorned with dark wood amid sparse lighting seems... appropriate.

"I did say we should exchange ideas before, didn't I? Let the Prince and Prisci handle the new arrival."
    His mouth twists into a dark and ironic smile. "And perhaps you'd like an explanation for my behavior." ​An explanation doesn't seem to be immediately forthcoming, though. He seems content to let her ask.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Izayoi follows her Priscus, her eyes trailing around the room as they do not move as far away as the aught. Elysia is not the place for talk and secrets, not unless you want them to be known to the savvy or the boorish masses who stop and stare, quieting themselves so they could listen to soft spoken words.

"I do indeed, but I wouldn't presume to interrupt your fun." she speaks, a smirk pulling upon the corners of her mouth.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Consider this..." he begins sardonically, as he arraigns himself on one side of the couch. "Creatures become associated with certain expectations. Fish are assumed to swim and birds are assumed to fly. And, for the most part, one would be right to assume so." Short, clipped, matter of fact. These are things anyone is expected to understand.

"But the creatures themselves are not bound by these expectations. Those who wish to survive must adapt. Those who are cunning even know how to use these expectations." Now he allows himself a smile. In the company of others he has been incredibly forthright. But the other Shadow serves to sharpen the other, subtler side of things. She may even come to understand truths the others cannot fathom.

If she does, she will do so of her own ability. All Taft will do is plant the seeds.

"Perhaps truths others struggle with are to me as flight is to a bird. Swimming to a fish."

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With an effortless elegance, Izayoi claims a space upon the couch for herself, listening to the Spider.

"Adaptability is survivability." she echos. "Any who can't or won'r are not long for this world." blandly said as the shadowy dance begins. Her mind tumbles, her eyes sparkle as breadcrumbs are laid before her, enticing her to reach for them. Swallow them to whichever point Taft was to make. A part of Izayoi wished to veer left, avoid the breadcrumbs entirely, and lead the Spider upon a new web, but a greater part was curious, and as they say a Mekhet's curiosity is second only to a cat's."In this world, life's a stage. To preform, to act is required, and then there are those who's skills eclipse the prodigal. Deception, misdirection, expectations and a careful application of each and all make many a play."

To his closing words, her head tilts and her hums. "In relation to the one who's demise you spoke of?" or was this just an excuse for them to speak?

8. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

A slow nod. "Just so. Of course, there are birds that can swim and fish that, admittedly briefly, take flight. I don't want you to answer, but imagine how I might defy expectations. Then consider how you may as well." He clasps his hands. It feels almost as though he's offering a lesson. Would Tabitha be proud?

"I'll do you the service of painting a picture for you. How I perceive you and the expectations I form. To begin? You hide your barbs well."
    As to whether words or weapons are implied, he simply smiles. "And your heritage is reflected in your mannerisms. These things, on their own, can be considered strengths. I would be very curious to see how you might defy these expectations."

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"As any skill, practice is required to achieve effortless percision." she smiles, dipping her head, imagining. To her mind they were Shadows both. Refreshingly so, the last to claim themselves Mekhet before her wore her hair in a cloying pink and had a catchphrase.

Perhaps that was what he means, they were acting in accordance to their blood. The stereotype as it were. Even if her knowledge of matters arcane and the secrets held within was laughable.

"I find myself curious as well. Though to achieve such a drastic change in performance, will leave most unable to cope. Perhaps field studies are required. For any with this...curiosity."

12. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

If Taft's expectations are even partly correct, he'd no doubt relish seeing her practices in action. He returns the dip of the head, on principle.

"Field studies? Excellent suggestion." A brow strays from its post beyond the Shadow's intense mask. Excellent suggestion, indeed. A beat. "Madam Goto," he prefaces, almost artificially. "as a member of the First Estate, are you free to pursue your own goals? Or is every affair tied to your loyalties?" His fingers steeple now, and his unblinking gaze bores into the other Shadow. "I've missed the company of kin in this city, you see. We - you and I - have the opportunity to achieve things, here, but I would not propose anything that would jeopardize your standing. One of the blessings of not being bound by a covenant is the lack of political enemies, so unfortunately I am ignorant on the do's and don'ts."

14. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She dips her head, accepting the compliment. Anticipating the next turn of this dance.

"My goals are those that promote the First Estate." blandly said, how else did he expect her to answer in Court. With an Invictus Prince, and a delicious daeva Madam in attendance. Where the Reeve might be listening around the corner, obfuscated to promote the righteous murder of a traitor. The Judex, Archon, and House ready and waiting to let her leash be slipped....

Izayoi arches a brow, and refrains from clicking her tongue.

"My ever eternal loyalties to the First Estate do not prevent me from enjoying the company of kin, nor to they prevent us from gathering to expand upon Clan business."

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

To her initial statement, Taft - externally - only offers a slight smile. Internally, he savors the rush of a gain. A small reveal in just what makes the other Shadow 'tic'. When she speaks again, a nod follows.

"I'm pleased to hear that. And far be it from me to even suggest questioning your loyalties. My aim is nothing nearly so crass. I simply wish to know what we have to work with."

He relaxes the otherwise overbearingly intense look and shifts in his seat before continuing. "To make this an even exchange, I will let you know where my loyalties lie: in this Domain, under her Majesty's care." a particularly devilish smile. "And in the pursuits of greater understanding. It is akin to a philosophy. Or religion."

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"All of our loyalties, lay thus. Else one would not find succor within Prince Antinor's Domain."

The interesting thing about conversing within Elysia is that you are not sequestered away from the dark heart of the Damian. In a place where one must care for their words, while trying to tear the words of others apart.

It was a joy for Izayoi to feint, and strike. Her eyes light, as if the dawnlight were cast upon treebark. There had been mention of dangerous tastes Taft had, and Izayoi certainly wished to learn of them.

Words poised upon the tip of her tongue when their newest arrival speaks.....for a very long time. Izayoi frowns, visibly at the length of this kindred's introduction. Spoken in his own voice, with naught else to make the introduction. For a kindred to speak thusly to the room and not elegantly and politely location whom they needed for their Acknowledgement....Izayoi wondered if this brute even managed a letter of introduction, or if he simply appeared. Believing the Domain would fall upon him with reverence, and obvious awe.

"Shigeki-tekina kujaku" the shadow murmurs in her mother tongue, and a obvious dismissial clear in her oak dark eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread