Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Private) Sun in Winter

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Onyx pursed her lips and sighed. "It is what it is. At this point, I would just like to know if he's alive or departed. Hopefully he wasn't Taken because of me. That would be awful." There was nothing more to say on that, Sasha's mind would start wandering on what ifs. But as usual, it all ended up back to Sacramento.

She realized they had gotten severely off track. "Okay John. Since it has been a while since we've had someone of your talents in the Freehold, I have a couple of questions."

Sasha flipped through the ledgers and produced a small notebook. "Sorry, I had to write them down lest I forgot."

"Okay, let's see.

One - Do you prefer to keep all your talents exclusively to the Winter Court?
    Two - If not, would you be willing to assist others in the Freehold with their needs?
    Three - If so, will they be on a limited basis or will you have limits that you will offer?
    Four - Would you be 'charging' so to speak for use of these by anyone?"

The Fairest paused in her questions. She had more, but for now these would need answers if she were to continue.

J
    John Doe

The Darkling nodded in acknowledgement. He could sympathize with Sasha's situation.

His eyes arose momentarily as she brought them back to the topic at hand. "Right, yes." He listened to her inquiries then replied.

"One, at your discretion, I would like to share my talents with others. I feel it's best to take care of any problems before we have unpleasant visitors.

Two, of course. I'm a charitable fellow. I like seeing others overcome their obstacles. A rising tide raises all ships.

Three, I don't have a hard line on any particular skill. Obviously major events like "tragic accidents" are going to warrant a serious discussion on the reasons why and they'd better be good reasons. I shall keep you privy to that information at all times.

Four, Winter gets a family discount of free because we're all in this together. For other Courts, monetary reimbursement for the equipment, and a favor. That favor varies based on how big the job is."

S
    Sasha

She liked how this guy seemed to handle things. Straight and to the point, not full of riddles or obscure commentary. At least to her anyway, as for a Sunbanisher, this was probably something he'd need to do in the future.

At the Queen's discretion could mean a number of things, so another point she was going to bring up, she let flow. "My discretion is only this: if this would put anyone in danger, or disrupt something that would be difficult to explain, I would like to know immediately. So something like a 'tragic accident' would be information I would need. I hope it doesn't come to that, but for other things like new IDs, paperwork, etc., I think you have good judgement to do so without asking me about it."

"As far as reimbursement for equipment, that is of course your discretion. If it is something major, yet doesn't necessarily effect the Freehold, then, a favor would be great. You can deem it for yourself or for Winter. I am fine with whatever you choose. Although, on occasion it would be nice to gather a few if them for 'just in case purposes' for our Season." She softly chuckled, yet, it may be needed some day. With all the new people, someone could easily unleash or draw a Loyalist, Fae or Keeper around.

"Have you learned Mourning Cant in another Freehold? Of course, this does vary depending on the Freehold. I use it quite a bit, or at least I used to."

J
    John Doe

John nodded, "Of course, critical details like that ought not be kept from you. I will inform you as quickly as possible."

The Faceless smiled as he listened. Sasha was politically astute. "Absolutely, my Queen. Having a few aces up our sleeves is always a beneficial situation."

Her inquiry about the Mourning Cant was met with a shake of his head. "No, I doubt what I had learned was authentic. I've forced myself to forget it because I fear what possibilities may come from reciting it."

S
    Sasha

The Onyx Sovereign had a lot of faith in John now. It was wonderful to be able to 'talk shop' with someone who was familiar with the tomes of Winter. She adored Quick, but he was new and eager to learn.

"Reciting your old Mourning Cant?" Sasha was quizzical with her eyes. "Well, I didn't learn it until Sacramento. Although, of course, it was probably best you didn't attempt to use it and forgot it. I don't think it would have any repercussions other than strange looks? We do get those from time to time from fellow Freehold members anyway." She chuckled softly. Although, the Dancer was sure it was a little more jealousy than strange looks.

"However, since you may need to quickly transfer this knowledge, and we may not be able to do so in a utterly private setting, please learn it as quickly as you are able to so if something does come up, it doesn't need to wait."

"What's amusing is that my entire time as a Winter, we never had someone who chose their Court for Winter in Sacramento that I recall." She chuckled a little. "So while teaching Quick things slowly, I really hope I am not leaving anything out. Of course, I did instruct him on the IceLaw immediately."

J
    John Doe

"Of course, of course." He paused before asking, "May I request you as my tutor. I feel like I would benefit the Court having been mentored by you as you've been here the longest. I'm sure there's plenty of things I could learn and to be frank, I like to hang out with other Winters too."

The mention of Quick brought out a nod followed by, "Oh, yes. Quick. Has he been around lately?"

S
    Sasha

Even though the Dancer had taught for years, tutoring for things that were Winter were very different, at least to her. "Of course you may. It would be wonderful to be able to use this skill again in Sacramento." She chuckled softly.

"Quick has been around. I saw him recently. I am sure he will turn up again. He recently became a Winter and I know had some other things to sort out. Nothing bad that I'm aware of."

"Is there anything else you would like to discuss, John?"

It was strange to call another that she had no romantic ties by that name. Her John was gone, but there would always be the nagging feeling of unfinished business.

J
    John Doe

The Darkling smiled with contentment. "Oh good, thank you." He'd be learning from the best as he saw it.

Hearing of Quick's new membership, he nodded. "It'll be good to see him. I miss the guy."

Then her final question, "Uhm...I guess the only thing I could ask right now is...are there any areas to avoid? I don't want to walk down a dark alley."

0 Scenes

This is past 15 days over, think it's time to start winding down

S
    Sasha

Sasha shook her head. "None that I'm aware of, but, things have changed immensely in the past few years. Hedge gates have moved, and there may be more changes that have gone unseen. However, do stay far away from the large pit that used to be the Four Seasons. There is something sealed in there by myself and two past Winters. The entire place is dangerous otherwise because of the large sinkhole created by the Dragon. Yet, it's patrolled by the local police so that humans don't fall in. Most of the newer people haven't mentioned it, so I would rather this stay between you and I so that no one goes wandering there."

The Fairest leaned back, not realizing she had gotten very serious and had been slowly leaning over the table to John. "Okay, well I think we have a good starting point for everything touight. But we should try to have more conversations like this frequently. And if you need a 'human' job, there's always stuff to do here at the Note."

Got it Saber, was just attempting to wrap it up. I'll let Shen post to see if he has one more thing.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.