Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1805) Sanctuary 16

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A coffee is any coffee," she says with a ghost of a smile.

"Lacuna." her answer is short. As she crosses her arms and leans against the wall she'd been inspection.

Nodding when Hamia asks the question on her mind. Just what did the blond do?
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and wave were offered to Winter, “Hey.” Was the greeting.

Looking back to Hamia, “I’ve found that only one coffee a day is not nearly enough.” Not for her anyways. “Maybe I can look into getting a coffee maker for one of the side rooms, that way we can have it whenever we want or need it.” It could happen. “But I won’t say no if someone else wants to bring coffee every once and a while.” A smile.

“Oh, I’m a side show performer. And aside from eating and dancing with fire, I hula hoop with it too. Pays the bills.”
    Not as much as she would like though.

Blue eyes glance around the room before she nods, “Seems we are.” Though it didn’t worry her. She’d seen so many pass through the city that she’d learned not to get attached. Well, she was attached to Sand and Campy, but they didn’t always come to the Circle.

“So, anyone have anything exciting going on? Or seen anything exciting?”

4. Likes Vincent liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna's comment earns a genuine, nose-wrinkling smile from her cabal counterpart. She shakes her head lightly. Then her gaze shifts to Aurora.

"I'm with you, there." she retorts. "And yeah... coffee maker might be just what this place needs. I'll foot the bill next round, though. I just need to find a good local spot."

Aurora's explanation gets a wide eyed look and a few nods. "Color me impressed. Do you do parties?" There's just enough of a smirk on her lips to suggest she's teasing.

"Hamia."
    she answers Winter, appraising the man. "Lindsey out on town." A beat. "Service man?" He may not have the haircut or shave for it, but some traits stick with you long after you leave.

Anything exciting? Hamia shoots Lacuna a grin. She almost feels like asking her if she'd rather be the one to reveal it. Then, she decides to take point. Because it's Lacuna. "We've... sort of consolidated." Cabal is kind of an odd word. Or at least she feels odd saying it, here, addressing the group. "I've been doing a little digging for, um... inspiration. Trying to find some place that would work as a seat of power. Not that the Circle is lacking, or anything." Why does she regret saying this immediately? These are her allies, right? A small voice is saying she would have done better to keep it quiet.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

6. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The sound waves of voices sourced not from phone interfere with the sound of voices sourced from phone. Surprise is close to nil. It is the Circle. Ear buds are tugged free, cables carefully wound and returned to backpack as steps bring the sound of voices closer.

Faces are identified. None new. Surprise at this is not nil but equilibrium had to eventually occur.

"Seat of power not at the Circle? Did I miss something?" Asked as greeting along with smile for Aurora and nod for others.

8. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna's brows climb at Aurora's reveal. "I didn't know people still did that." she gives the blond a smile, "Good on ya for keeping a dying art alive."

Shifting from the wall, "Right. Lorna around Sleepers."

Hamia receives a ghost of a grin back, "Only that Hamia and I have created a Cabal." blunt and to the point. "The Hounds of Artemis. We're currently looking for a hollow. Our seat of power as it were." Lacuna smirks, "We're going to set ourselves up, and see what comes of it." it might seem flippant or irreverent when speaking of a cabal, but this wasn't the most formal of Consiliums that Lacuna had ever been too. It was a nice change. Made her feel like she could relax. Maybe.

10. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She seems to perk up, “Oh there are way too many amazing little coffee shops around here. You’d be hard pressed to find one that was horrible. Most of the ones I’ve been too are awesome about providing coffee for a group, and the prices are usually always reasonable.” She knew her coffee and knew her local coffee shops. “But I’ll price out a few coffee makers, narrow it down and we can go from there. I was thinking one of those big ones that holds quite a bit of coffee, cause we like our coffee.” A grin.

The smirk was returned, “I just so happen to, if the price is right anyways.” Her voice teasing as well. She’d done private parties before.

Outside names? A hand was raised, “Madison while out.” Guess she might as well join the sharing time.

Consolidated? Trying to find a seat of power? Was she talking about a Cabal? Or was Aurora really that much of a blonde?

A hand was raised in greeting, “Hey Sand! Come join us.” Then a shrug was added, cause she Shaman wasn’t completely sure what Hamia was talking about. She thought she knew, but wasn’t sure.

Looking back to Lacuna, there was a nod, “Family business.” It was true, to a point. She took off from her parents a long time ago and expanded upon what she did. “And you're right, it's a dying art.” A hint of sadness in her voice.

Lorna. Noted.

So it was a Cabal!

“Nice, congrats. Been a while since there were two Cabals in Sacramento, it’ll be nice.” And she meant it.

12. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

There was lot of value in formality and rules, but even informal meetings like this could provide utility. Community building for one, and a treasure trove of information and tidbits of knowledge for the apt listener.
    And although he had never been popular at parties, he felt compelled to play along in his own way. He was a man of few words, his reticence coupled with the professional unwillingness to give away information by lying, prompted him to stay still and listen.

He nodded to the tall woman. Lacuna, going by Lorna. He committed to memory, the woman was built like a warrior. She was the taciturn type, he liked that, he decided.

"Yes, I served" He told the friendly brunette. They had something in common, and yet, the name Lindsey, something carefree - unlike his -, was apropos.

"Hey". He greeted Aurora back. Now, the woman was flashy and in many ways he regarded her as the anti-Campanella. The guy was austere, the woman was cheerful.
    Madison? So, going by intuition alone, Campanella would probably call himself Aurelius or something equally magisterial.

He gathered from her words that she was some kind of performer or actress, not hard to believe given her appearance and the equipment she was carrying.

He turned around just in time to spot the familiar silhouette of another blonde which he acknowledged with a polite handwave. It appeared that today, as far as attention grabbing looks were concerned, himself and the Libertine guy would be only ones at the center of the Gaussian.

"Another cabal", he inquired, "will make this Consilium stronger; if you require assistance, I'm willing to help". He added in earnest.

V
    Vauban

"Good. I'm Good..." Vauban replied to Lacuna. He nodded to Aurora after explaining the purpose behind the rather exotic hula hoop before seemingly fading into the background for a bit.

The Moros stayed silent, not really having much to add to the conversation. Talk seemed to lean towards coffee and the formation of new cabals. It did seem to calm him down, knowing things seemed to be coming together.

Finally he raised his hand. "Uh... I go by Corey while out." He added to the list of names being given out. "And a new Cabal is always a good thing. It does feel like this place could use more of them."

There was a brief pause before he spoke again. "I've been meaning to ask if any other Libertines have shown up?" Vauban finally asked after a moment of awkwardness. "The Council here is a bit... Empty." It was hard to call an order a democracy when it consisted of only one person.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia + Lacuna = Cabal. Hounds of Artemis. Information to be added to the small spreadsheet later.

"Ah! Congratulations! And good luck. If you need any assistance- let me know. I'd be more than happy to lend my skills in Prime to setting you guys up." Enthusiasm to match Aurora's. Similar sentiments.

Lorna. Madison. Corey. A subtle reminder of paperwork still waiting to be filled out and processed.

A chuckle, "I mean- in all honesty, up until a couple weeks back everything felt empty."

City. Circle. Even Cabal had felt empty during that week after Tuesday's note.

"But don't worry, you aren't alone. I think only the Mysterium actually has more than one representative."

Because Apostate didn't count.

16. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding at their congratulations, briefly the Mastigos smiles. But her steely blues find Hamia as Winter offers his aid. Did he want into their cabal? Take their messure? Lacuna doesn't frown, but only just. Hamia wasn't weak...but she was delicate (no that wasn't right either. shit), and the Apostate didn't want a male presence within what would become their Sanctum without a very long talk involved. Between herself and Hamia and between the two of them and whoever it was.

"Thanks. We'll see about any hallow hunting or ley line adjusting when the time comes. We've only recently agreed formally become and announce our cabal." She shifts and wishes for a proper seat. "With a name like ours, our purpose should be clear. But I'll say it for the sake of clarity. We..." she didn't want to say hunt. She thought she left that behind, when her mind was seared open, when she was dragged screaming to the Truth, "Proactively protect people from monsters."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread