Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(The Dark) Charred Green Belt

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

They had expected more then a desolate expanse, and chalk outlines, of long burned men, but perhaps they should have anticipated this result.

To remain within this area would be folly for Hunter and Brood both.

"Regrettably I have not that talent." Izayoi admits softly, due to her enhanced senses. "I apologize for my folly. I should have trained harder to master this aspect of my blood." she intones with a bow.

Turning to the scene, she relates what she'd inferred. "The Hunters caught the Brood by surprise. I assume casualties on both sides," indicating the outline, then the disproportional piles of ash. "Do any of us currently have any thralls, or perhaps a ghoul? If they infiltraight this group of kine, then we will know just how they triangulated the location of the Brood, when we of the Domain had not," said with the assumption that this lack of knowledge was the reason the Hunters managed to find the Brood in the first place. If the Domain carried this information, then certainly it would have acted swiftly, with a precise blade to amputate the necrotic limb that was Belial's Brood.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

"I will inquire, but I do not believe anyone in our domain has that Talent," Takeda said to the Giant.

When Goto, too, came up with nothing useful, the Killer felt like sighing. If only she could have been a hound...

"The trail is too well disguised. We are not tracking boars through the snow. We are hunting wolves, which means that our best strategy would be to set a trap and then wait. The issue is that the Prince has not given permission for such a trap to be set.

"Of course...if there happened to be something that already existed, something that would naturally draw the hunters to it, well, then we would only be guilty of being vigilant. Do you know of anything like that? Perhaps something satanic, something that the hunters might confuse with the Brood?"
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Not a trick I know." Cynthia said with a shake of her head. Getting a Mekhet to spill their secrets was a pain as is. Disciplines? Even harder

She knelt down next to the body markers scattered around the burnt out SUV. "Even if it turns out some of these were actually Broods ghouls, it does point to these guys being amateurs or suicidal." She said as she stood up. The goth rubbed her temples as she tried to dredge up what she knew about the fight. "...They seem to want to actually fight the brood rather than do the safe thing and wait for sunrise before killing them. Which means they will be haemorrhaging numbers if they keep this up."

The Priscus looked over at Takdea. Was she really that desperate to throw down with someone? "They seem to have a religious bent since they are going after the Brood like this." She was a bit surprised Alessandra did not inform the Reeve about what was already known about them. Might be because of the chaos surrounding the Brood? Cynthia shook her head at Izayoi's question. "Not sure on thrall or ghoul numbers. It would be risky if they were found out."

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"If there is a ghoul of thrall that might prove useful, we should use them." Izayoi says, wondering after the naïveté of the Priscus of Haunts. "Loosing a resource like a well trained ghoul is regrettable, but it is not like they cannot be replaced." said with the practicality of someone who's ceased to count years.

"Even those who are not religious will find the brutality of Belial's Brood repugnant. It is a surprise that they wished for open combat instead of a precision strike. It speaks to something more personal then kine taking it upon themselves to kill the dead." Turning to the Takeda "Shall we investigate these hunters? Do we know if any of them survived the battle and fire, to be brought to the hospital?"

K
    Krieg

The Mekhet had a point. "That's probably our best lead," he agreed with her suggestion. "It's highly unlikely a Hunter injured in a fight would report to a legitimate hospital. However, black clinics do exist, even in the nicest parts of town." Krieg pondered the situation before them. His eyes fell upon the Reeve. "Your position declares that you are the most combat proficient individual among us. Role play with me for this." He appraised the smaller Asian Cousin. "You're injured. My crew is after you." He pointed to the ground beneath her feet, "After a brutal fight, how far would you be able to run before collapsing from exhaustion? Two, three miles? Where would you hide to bandage yourself?"

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"To address our questions in order: if my objective was to kill as many of my enemy as possible, I would choose to attack when and where the enemy forces were assembled. It is far less likely that the Brood all slept through the day here, after all, and it would be almost impossible to track several kindred to their individual lairs without one of them noticing and alerting the others.

"Secondly, were I to have been one of the Hunters, I would not have relied upon my own athletic abilities to escape. Again, my enemy would be able to outrun me, regardless of how quickly I, a human, could run a mile. Instead, I would rely upon a vehicle. Likely, given the level of coordination displayed here, I would have at least one of my forces waiting with the vehicle, ready to come when I called,"
    Takeda replied, thankful that, despite her skillset, she was considerable more familiar with the current decade than her counterparts. In the modern age, with computers in everyone's pockets and hundreds of horsepower roaring down every street, the obstacles of the past were becoming increasingly irrelevant.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah," she breathes, nodding. Such a thought had slipped her mind. "You are of course, correct." she bows literally and metaphorically to the Reeve's experience in this area.

"We obviously need to lure both faction of our enemies out into the open. I know not how. If I had my way. I would issue a formal challenge, with a dedicated time and place, and assassinate them on the way." ruthlessly spoken, though cavalier in manner.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She glanced at the Shadow and shook her head. "I was more concerned about them tracing any double agents to us. With the Brood holding their attention so far, its seems they don't seem to be aware of us yet." The Priscus explained to Izayoi. "Thats an advantage I think we should be careful with. At least for the moment."

She listened to the others talk before shrugging. "News report said there were no survivors and needed a lot of manpower to put out the fires. That said I wouldn't be surprised if some of the hunters escapes. Or the brood for that matter." It did not help the report was so vague on details.

"Its not out of the realm of impossibility, assuming you know who to ghoul. The place could be turned into a fortress...Assuming you knew what you were doing." The goth said, turning to the Reeve. "Maybe we should give this place another look? I'm starting to think we're missing something here." She would have continued, but Izayoi earned a mild glare from the goth. Was everyone here so eager to throw their unlives away? Duels were for matters between uptight Invictus types, not life and death battles with assholes. "I was thinking of having the two fight it out. Whoever is left would be a lot more vulnerable to being picked off. Less risk to the domain."

K
    Krieg

Krieg held up his eyes, "Let's set violence aside for the time being." He understood the irony of his words coming from a man named "War." "If anyone expects either the Brood or Hunters to abide by any honorable accord, I have a bridge to sell you."

"The patient hunter gets the prey."

"I read in the news that cellphones track one's location, perhaps we can get a list of information centered around where we are standing."
    He pointed to the earth once more, "The more information we have on them, the better we can manipulate them for our advantage. Perhaps we can get the Brood and the Hunters to thin each other out then we cut them apart."

Then gesturing to Cynthia, "It is a fair point. This could come under our control. Having someone oversee that would be helpful. Even better if the Ghoul manages to befriend some Hunters."

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

The best scenario is to encourage the hostilities between these two groups. It is much more difficult to encourage such hostilities, however, without having some manner with which to interact with them. Perhaps tracing their cell phones would be a good lead. Would you be willing to pursue this lead, Krieg? Takeda asked.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread