Ended
Watch

Wine and Women

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva had only a slight look of relief on her face, she didn't seem too late. If everyone had been seated, there would have been much more grovelling. She considered Takeda's question and had nothing to add. If anyone would know the history of the vineyards, it would be Twist or Asa.

Vivian sat where appropriate, she was still a Madame and nothing more even if she was the second or third longest in the Domain, she carried no titles of tribute or anything else. Nodding to their Judex after she took her seat.

Letting her mind trickle back to the last meeting, she recalled it for the most part, but not all the fine details. She was not cursed gifted with a fine memory.

"The only old business I recall was perhaps building our numbers, but being very choice about it." It was a recollection, it was probably something unsaid, but that was what she could remember other than taking oaths, and being welcome for the most part.

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

Takeda was taken aback by the fact that everyone seemed to be ignoring the gifts. Was it not customary to exchange them and then allow them to be discussed (and, of course, compared)?

Perhaps, as with every Domain, this was one minor difference. Perhaps the gifts were intended to be opened at the end, after all of the business had been discussed. Or, perhaps they were intended to take them home and then offer thanks, and comments, through letters.

Best to watch, particularly after the Daeva's comment. Who, in particular, did they intend upon recruiting? Perhaps Taft? Her own Priscus was far too...modern, to fit into the Invictus, and if there were any other Unaligned of note, Takeda had not met them.

No, best to stay silent for now and let the Prince and Duchess dictate the terms of the meeting.
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Izayoi is as her fellow countrywomen taken aback by the abrupt shift from the ritual pleasantries on to the meat of the meeting. Sidestepping the subtle oneupsmanship presented by the gifts. How was any of the kindred present to judge how their gifts were truly recived if they cannot witness that split second of truth before the politeness reigns?

As a new, and as of yet unacknowledged member of the Domain, Izayoi keeps her face schooled in its polite mask, worn by every Unconquered, and waits for her voice to be needed.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The history of the vineyard would make for a fun discussion. But it wasn’t one she knew anything about.

A smirk was offered to Twist, “I was determined to not let a little thing like driving my car ruin anything.” Though she wouldn’t be eager to do it again. It was why she preferred pants and comfortable footwear. Dresses had their time and place though, and as Invictus, she understood this.

Eyes watch as the dance of seating began. Though she was now Prince, it didn’t make the whole process any less nerve wracking for her. But she had this, and moves to her chair, nodding to those gathered and lowering herself into the seat.

Old business? She didn’t remember a whole lot going on in the last meeting. Except learning and conceding her idea of being a Knight for the Invictus. Asa pointing out the conflict of interest it presented, and rightfully so.

She listens as Vivian mentions building up their numbers. And it seemed like that happened naturally.

“It seems that our numbers have grown naturally on their own.”
    An easy smile. “Though there are still some unbound within the Domain. I believe it’s Priscus Wood, Priscus Weiss and Priscus Taft, if my memory serves me right. We’re we still looking to bring others into our ranks?” she wasn’t sure if any she listed would fit in the Invictus. Mable was her Priscus, but she seemed to hate formality. Cynthia and Lawrence were not known well enough yet.

She'd prefer to hear about the two new members that sat at the table. What brought them to the Domain and what they saw themselves bringing to the Invictus. But this wasn't her show, this was Twists, and as such, she would let her rightfully lead the talks.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Gah! Wrong account

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"If I may be so bold as to offer my meager opinion," Takeda said in the moment of silence that settled after the Prince's words, "I believe that Mr. Taft would be a suitable addition to the Unconquered. He has a deep appreciation of the past, as well as a cunning mind and a meticulous demeanor. Furthermore, he is not one to sit and brood when action is required. He assisted me in covering up a potential breach of the Masquerade that we had both stumbled upon, and he yet he went beyond what was strictly required of the average citizen of the Domain. Perhaps if he could enticed by the obvious benefits of our Covenant and Philosophy he would be an asset to our already considerable strength."

She thought about mentioning his predilection for Genealogy, teasing at the revelations that he had been so bold as to share with her, but she realized that it would be in very poor taste to do so. Perhaps, it would be even worse, and would result in the breakdown of their flirtatious negotiations. She was not the only Kindred to ply those around her with tests, after all, and now that she thought about it, this seemed to be a most obvious one.
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of confirmation. Though the Invictus of Sacramento had never been weak, their numbers at the moment relative to the remainder of the City were pinnacle.

"I do not think it would be advisable to cease keeping an eye out for potential new Invictus, but I do believe we have the luxury right now of being choosy."

Her head tilts toward Takeda as she vouches for Lawrence Taft. She was a bit surprised, but perhaps it was only her who had had a sour note from her early interactions with the man.

"I acknowledged Mr. Taft some nights back... the exchange was not as pleasant as I normally enjoy. Though it seems that his actions have at least supported his word on loyalty to the domain, I am curious about his drive. If he were to accept an invitation to our number, do you truly believe he could be Unconquered?"

She paused before continuing, "His... tastes shall we say, run in a way that could be dangerous. And in a way that leaves him more the conquered than the conqueror. Or so he made it seem to me."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

V
    Vivian York

"I agree that we do have some luxury to wait and watch those who are Unconquered. It would give us a better perspective to see who may be worthy in future endeavors. None of the three seem to have a background in the Invictus, thereby, I think waiting may be our best option."

Vivian had her own opinions on Taft. She also had her opinions on solving the situation, but no one would really want to hear them. The Daeva had a mind to use her feminine wiles on the man to see if he could be 'broken' so to speak. But, unless Twist seemed more convinced, she'd wait to offer. Maybe Takeda or another would have another reason to seek him out. "I have had no qualms with Mr. Taft personally, but I could keep a further eye on him."

Twist was right, and after all, she was the Judex. No matter whose opinion may sound good, she would have the final say.

"Unfortunately I have not had much interaction with Priscus Weiss, so I would not be able to give a proper opinion on her. Priscus Wood, for the interaction I have had, I am unsure where her interests may be. Some are perfectly content to be unaligned and trying to persuade them could have a worse outcome than if they came forward themselves." The Daeva looked to Ale to seek her opinion on her Family member.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Listening as the women spoke around the table, if five members one of which was she, newly arrived to the Domain was seen as a luxury of membership...she feared for the soul of Sacramento.

"Those that you've spoken of I know more by reputation. Though I have had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Taft, and I sensed that he would be open to the myriad of benefits garnered as one if the Unconquered." though truly, every kindred should be. "Perhaps we might device a series of tests, delivering them unknowingly to the participant, to truly tell whether or not they are worthy of being of the Invictus." suggested delicately, not to overstep.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Covered up a potential Masquerade breach? And Taft went beyond what was required of an average citizen? She’d be lying if she didn’t say she was surprised. Very surprised.

And what had he offered Takeda for her speaking well of him? That was what Ale wanted to know.

Then Twists words of his Acknowledgement. To her, Twist was an excellent judge of character. And she agreed, his tastes were dangerous. And not ones she was sure she wanted tied to the Invictus.

Yet she remains quiet, allowing the others to speak.

As Mable came up, “The times I’ve spoken with Priscus Wood, she has always come across as loyal to the Domain. Always willing to step up and do what she can to help defend it. But she doesn’t strike me as one comfortable with titles and formalities. Going as far as to request we use first names at our Clan meeting. So I’m not sure if she would be comfortable with the numerous titles we carry, but I could be wrong.” Wouldn’t be the first, wouldn’t be the last.

Test? That was always a possibility.

Finally she speaks on Taft.

“Personally, I have reservations. And as it was so eloquently stated before,” a nod and smile offered to Twist, “his tastes are dangerous, with risks to the Masquerade. Ones that have me personally keeping a close eye on his behavior. I have had the privilege of having a one on one with him though. And I don’t doubt his loyalty, he seems very loyal.” But to who? The highest bidder with the most blood? “I am curious as to what tests would be suggested.” Dark eyes look back to Twist. What was her opinion on it? Ale had no say here and would of course respect whatever the delicate Daeva said.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

14. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread