Ended
Watch

Family and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg took off his gloves, setting them on the side of the table. He replicated Cynthia's technique - placing a finger upon a canine until it bled. Placing his index over the bowl until the droplet fell. The Haunt picked up the pestle, he ground his share of the grain and vitae, "Spirits are a notoriously capricious bunch. Rarely will they give you a straight answer."

He paused examining his work, and took up Cynthia's portion of grain, adding it to the bowl. "In many ways, they are like politicians. They seem all too glad to take, yet, promise little in return. Which can be true at times."

Round and round the pestle circled. "I once had a spirit contact, back on the East Coast. It took possession of a telephone booth. I had to pay the spirit with foreign currency to get it to answer my questions. It caused a bit of a problem when the meter maid came by. I'll never forget her words, "What kind of an asshole puts Francs into a payphone!" Krieg laughed. "I got lucky, I just happened to be walking up to the phone booth when she dumped the coinage."

The Haunt stopped and placed his hands on the sides of the bowl. "Now, I shall offer up our gift to Demeter." He took a breath, and called upon the Goddess.

"Demeter, Mother of Persephone, Sito, She of the Grain, and Thesmophoros, Law-Bringer, we offer this in celebration of the change in season. As Persephone has returned to your abode, we ask that you ensure the well-being of Those-Who-Breathe, so that The Unchained may continue their quest into the Second Descent."

The compound bubbled for a mere few seconds, then subsided. "She accepted our offering. Now, we just need to finish the Rite by planting it in dirt before sunrise."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-04-11 14:44:51 Krieg rolls 9 to Appease Demeter [Manipulation+Occult+Cruac] (10 Again) 5, 9, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 8, 7 2 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia tilted her head slightly as she listened to the giant while he made his preparations. "Spirits? You mean ghosts?" She asked. "But yeah. They really are." The dead had been called spirits before and prying knowledge out of them was not exactly unknown to her. There was the sneaking suspicious he was talking about something else.

She did laugh at the story though. "Surprised she knew what Francs were." she quipped.

The goth leaned back and watched the rite take place. It did not look particularly special until the blood started to bubble. That caught her off guard. "Well. Ok then." Cynthia muttered upon the rituals conclusion. "Well, I think the backyard in the above ground haven should work fine for that." Cynthia said as she got up from her seat. "Plenty of soil. And few eyes to spot us."

K
    Krieg

"Spirits and ghosts are extremely similar, but, they are different. Spirits do not know what the human experience is, and they never will. Their thought processes are completely inhuman." The Acolyte politely taught his Priscus. "They understand the concept of bargaining. Frequently, what they ask for is just as unusual as they are. The phone booth I mentioned. It wanted very specific francs from a very specific time period. They somehow intuit the properties associated with the offering. The spirit takes the offering when no one is looking."

Krieg picked up the bowl and followed Cynthia. "Excellent, that will be a good spot."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Sounds like old Ghosts to me. Some elders too now that I think about it." Cynthia noted dryly. "Still. Sounds interesting. There some way of contacting them?" She asked.

She nodded to Krieg as she lead him through the tunnels and the heavy steel door that lead to the Abandoned house that masked the Kingdoms entrance. It took bashing the back door with her shoulder, but she was able to pry it open on the second attempt. Unlike the front which had some attempt to make it not look too run down, the backyard was heavily overgrown with a variety of grass and weeds that seemed to have never felt the touch of a lawnmowers blade. Any plant life in the nearby garden had either shrivelled up and died out long ago from a lack of attention or have been overtaken by weeds. There were a few barren patches of dirt and soil scattered across the area.

"Not the sort of place thats going to be featured in gardening magazines anytime soon." Cynthia said with a shrug as she moved out of the way for the giant. "Should be a spot you can use at least. You did say it was gonna vanish come sunrise." After what had happened below she was curious as to what would happen.

K
    Krieg

"Old ghosts," Krieg repeated. "I have heard of such a phenomenon, although experience in such things is a different matter."

The Giant watched the smaller Haunt bash the door open. "Certainly a good early warning device. If it takes that much force."

Krieg walked over to a barren patch. He knelt, his coat billowing out around him. Pulling off both gloves, and setting them aside with the bowl resting on top. He scooped up the earth using his bare hands. After several large handfuls, the bowl was placed into the excavation, then buried. He pat the earth flat until it flat.

Wiping off his hands, and placing his gloves back on his hands, he arose once more. "Come tomorrow, the bowl will as clean as it was when it was new."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ah yes. The wonders of neglected and dilapidated housing." Cynthia announced with a smirk as she followed the Giant outside.

Throughout the rest of the Giants rite, the goth peaked over his shoulder. Some part of her was still expecting additional spectacle or some revelation that this was some sort of elaborate parlour trick, but did her best to remind herself this was a prayer of sorts. It just had more steps and at least involved the strange blood born sorcery of the Circle.

She nodded as he rose. "First time I've actually seen something like that in action." She said, looking at the buried bowl. Even Alice had been reluctant to tell her much about such things. "Anything happens after it vanishes?" The goth asked while gesturing to the offering.

K
    Krieg

Even Krieg had to smile - Kine's negligence offered so many opportunities to keep matters private. "That is true, that is true..."

Turning to face Cynthia, "Some equate the act to consumption of food. Regardless of what actually happens, the offering undergoes transubstantiation and is whisked beyond the material realm. By accepting what we have given, the spirit is indebted to us - a trivial Boon."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded. She was not quite sure what that meant or what it really achieved, but other than desiring a fresh neck to chew on the price was minor.

She ushered the giant back inside. Even alone in an abandoned plot of land it felt a bit dangerous to talk about such things. Who knew who could be listening? "I've been meaning to ask." She said as she pulled the door close. A task that seemed easier to do than force it open. "Whats with your name? Something from life? Picked it because it sounded cool?"

K
    Krieg

Following his Priscus back into safety, he smiled once more. "My name?" his confirmation of her question was merely a lead into his next words. "My full name would be, "Krieg Führen." But, that stirs up all sorts of problems with pronunciation."

"It is a remembrance of the past." The Giant clasped his hands together behind his back. "If you are interested in the story, I could tell you about it."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia raised an eyebrow at the giant. "Zu Krieg führen? Ich würde eher nicht." She said with a chuckle as she lead him back down into the winding tunnels that made up the Kingdom.

The goth lead Krieg back into the Caldarium. The smell that haunted her lessened once more in the bath house. It was a curious thing even she was trying to figure out. "But yeah. I am interested. Most times I meet someone that give themselves a name like that, they are usually Neonates that want to sound tougher than they really are." She explained as she took a seat and gestured to him to take the other. This Haunt had her curiosity.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.