Ended
Watch

Family and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Krieg

"Correct, Demeter is the goddess of the harvest, crops and law," he confirmed. "That's one aspect that is not as widely known."

"I won't bore you with the details of Persephone's story. That's available anywhere. If you'd like to learn more of the ritual, I can explain,"
    Krieg flexed his large hands. "It is my duty as a Skald to teach others."

The Giant nodded, "That is excellent to hear. I am not nearly as expressive as I would like to be. Ritual work and pursuing the occult lore has taken up most of my time. Perhaps you may be able to teach me."

Krieg chuckled, "Ah yes, the good old Church." The Acolyte grinned, "Of course, they have their great truths - except where it's lifted wholesale from the local civilizations and dressed up with better packaging."

"No, the great truths are that we, Kindred, are capable of much more. It is the Crone who most readily assists those who wish to learn. Mysteries are meant to be uncovered. Knowledge is to be set free. Ascension is the ultimate knowledge."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I've heard the story. Although the details always seemed inconsistent." The gothic Priscus noted. So much gets changed with each retelling that only the basics remain. "Skald? Think I've heard that somewhere." The meaning was on the tip of her tongue, but it was escaping her. For a moment she thought she had it, but wondered if she had mistaken it for a Minstrel.

"Well I've already extended a similar offer to Takeda. The two of you know where to find me should you have the time and interest." Cynthia was not much of a teacher but she could try. Anything to help others distract themselves from the seemingly endless Requiem.

The goths head tilted to the side. There was a bit of something there. It was small, but she could see it.

"Sounds like the things I've heard the Dragon go on about." Admittedly, she knew even less about them than she did the Crone beyond hearsay and rumours of Dracula worship. "The previous Hierophant invited me to some celebrations involving the solstice. It... did not come to pass." She noted with a hint of sadness and disappointment.

K
    Krieg

"That is the problem with mythology. Oral traditions that predate the written word tend to have conflicts." He then nodded when she claimed to have heard of his title. "Scandinavian word, it translates to poet. In reality, it's closer to a bard, wandering storyteller. Although, please do not ask me to dance. I'm too tall and occupy too much space to be coordinated within a standard room."

"Glad to hear that," he seemed authentic about it. "She's a bit too aggressive for me to be around for prolonged periods of time. I hope she learns patience from you."

"Have been around them long enough to hear their titles? Goddess grant me patience." He laughed out loud. "I met The Transcendent Supplicant of Terror, the Dreadful Philosopher of the Void, the Sublime Master of Pain. You know what I learned?" he laughed again. "Somewhere in that hodgepodge of words, there's a meaning. Wouldn't surprise me if some of their affectations were thinly veiled insults to non-Dragons."

Krieg leaned forward, "If I were to invite you to partake in a small rite, would you be interested?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded in agreement. The amount of hearsay around everything, Kindred especially, made understanding the world difficult. Sometimes she wondered how much of it was true. She nodded when he explained and confirmed what she suspected. "Ah. Wouldn't mind hearing a few one night. Well, so long as you don't tell me about the one ghoul'd crocodiles in the sewers. Heard that one before. And seen it."

She shrugged. "I dunno. Its hard to tell how much that is really her and how much that's just the Blood clouding our impression of her." The Priscus noted. Those of the clan that gave off odd vibes were the hardest to read.

The list of titles presented by Krieg left her looking unimpressed. "They sound like pretentious kids at some clubs I've visited. I'll give it to them, at least they try to be original with those titles." She said, with emphasis on the word try.

There was a pause as she considered the black-clad Goliath's offer. He seemed quicker about revealing things than the previous hierophant did. "I suppose so..." She ventured with hesitation born out of uncertainty.

K
    Krieg

"Gators in the sewers, such a cliche, yet, so extraordinarily effective." Krieg had spent enough time in the U.S. to know that trope well. "In the Rocky Mountains, I saw a mountain lion with Obfuscate. I only saw it when it pounced on some unwitting Kine. As if being a predatory feline wasn't bad enough. I'm not sure whether to call it a sick joke, or a stroke of genius."

Krieg nodded, providing no further comment on Takeda.

"You would be correct in that. Even their Covenant title, Order of the Dragon, insists they are magical beasts. Arrogance."

His Priscus's acceptance of his offer brought a smile to his face. "Excellent. The rite is a simple prayer and celebration of Spring. Beseeching the Goddess to provide a bountiful harvest for the Kine. Well fed Kine are well fed Kindred."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Gators, snakes. Think I remember hearing one about someone in our clan using cockroaches as eyes and ears." Cynthia was not sure about that last one, but compared to the more bizarre tales she had heard, it sounded reasonable. "Point is, things get weird when the Blood gets involved I find."

The goth looked a bit confused. "You don't think we are?" She asked. There were few things Cynthia was certain about when it came to the world of vampires. The fact she was an undead creature that derived supernatural power from drinking blood was simply one of the few certainties she had accepted thoughout all the insanity these years had shown her.

The Priscus shifted in her chair. "So then. What do we do exactly?" she asked. She agreed to this, she might as well see it to the end.

7. Likes Vincent liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"Of course, of course," the Giant acknowledged. Though cockroaches, that was an interesting rumor.

"Kindred are magical creatures. There is no doubt of that,"
    Krieg replied. "Yet, consider this..." The Acolyte leaned forward, "The Ordo Dracul is centered around a warmonger who believed he was doing God's work." A long pause passed between. "Sounds familiar, doesn't it?"

Krieg eased away, returning personal space to Cynthia. "We take grain, crush it in a bowl, then add one drop of our own vitae. Mix it together so she knows who contributed. Then plant it in the ground. I will call upon the spirits to take the offering to Demeter. Come sunrise, it will be gone."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Seemed to give up on the whole god thing afterwards." Cynthia noted. "But I can kinda see your point." At the very least their views on Kindred were not too different. At least as far as she could tell.

The priscus listened to Krieg as he went over the ritual. "I hope you brought some grain with you." Food was something she barely thought about, much less used beyond appearances in public. "We can get started when you are ready." It seemed harmless enough.

K
    Krieg

"I certainly do," Krieg cheerfully declared. "Pardon me a moment."

The Giant arose from his seat. He strode over to the shelving. A moment later, one gloved hand held a mortar and pestle. The other, a handful of wheat. He returned with the ingredients and set them upon the table.

He split the wheat into a separate pile. "Would you like to go first?" he inquired.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

(Kriegs Rite)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia watched Krieg retrieved the items needed. He planned for this. She noted as the times were brought down to the table. There was the expectation that there was going to be a lot more involved than what the Giant had explained but it looked as simple as he said it was.

There was no knives or anything to easily draw blood. Nodding she let her canines extend and pierced her finger with the fang. Extending the digit, she willed some vitae to drip into the bowl. She sucked on the bloody finger and waited for the wound to seal. "Your turn." She said.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.