Asa read the file Olivette had prepared, relaxing in the oversized chair. SportsCenter droned on in the background, and periodically he stopped to make notations on pages. He had moved back into Avalon's office, with the Reeve gone, and he enjoyed the familiar, comfortable surroundings again.

His eyes kept glancing over at his ghoul, though, curious.

She looks like shit. Like she hasn't been sleeping. What's wrong with her?

He'd ask when he was done reading.

It nagged, though.

Does she need my Blood? I just shared a few days ago. What's wrong? Are you... sad?

He paused, putting the folder down. Asa looked at her intently, trying to frame his question in a way that wouldn't just lead to her denying there was anything bothering her.... because she would.

What's wrong? What's bothering you? Tell me.

He could almost feel her discomfort under his gaze.

Sorrow. What did I do wrong? Self-loathing. Do I not please him... like... that... anymore? Grief. I tried. I'm trying. The web sites, and movies. I know more now. Confusion. Should I say something? Just... get up and try again? Jealousy. Which one of those whores is it? Who pleases... comforts... him now? Fear. What will I do if he just... leaves me?

The thoughts came in Olivette's soft, demure voice. Feelings he was unaccustomed to colored them, and his eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"That's enough paperwork for tonight," he said, standing. Asa crossed the few feet to stand in front of the beautiful ghoul. He laid his hand on her shoulder and lightly pushed down.

It just wouldn't do to have his ghoul distracted from her other duties, after all.

[banner]asa[/banner]